• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 4 |OT| - A Fraud Loses His Roar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squall really likes his team.
Who wouldn't when their team is in the top 3 on both offense and defense simultaneously, has a great start and a schedule that will lend itself to many more wins? Can things go off the rails? Of course! Any team is a starting QB getting a bad injury away from having their season ruined but we can't predict injuries. All I can go off of is what our team looks like right now and right now we are playing really well. We're in this thread on a weekly basis to discuss football, no? So I'm not going to just sit and say let's see what happens at the end of the season, every team is nothing until then. There'd be nothing to discuss.
Squall that was awesome. That 4-0 under Whiz was always fool's gold. I know you are still salty about that. But w/Arians I don't think you'll find any doubters
I'm not too salty, that was an exceeding expectations season and I knew Kolb wasn't good enough to go deep into the playoffs so I was solely riding off of our play. This team, I expected to be great before a single snap was played. We have everything we need to go all the way on paper and we're backing that up on the field, regardless who our competition has been. How many teams have looked good in the NFL thus far period? Only a few so not exactly our fault and we don't set the schedule. Packers and Patriots are still favorites and I'm not counting the Chickens out either so I'm not proclaiming anything outside of us making the playoffs at this point in terms of how far we'll get. I'm just saying we have the talent to go all the way, not that I think we will. Will have to see how we compete against Seattle and GB before I let it go to my head. Even then, if we have to play GB at home in the playoffs, that will be scary. I hope we finish higher to make sure it's in Zona.

I am salty about the Rams injuring our QB so much though ;) Please don't let him go down this year! Please!
What the hell did SF do with all those draft picks they had that was supposed to make them a dynasty?
The had much of the same talent under Singletary, Harbuagh was a game changer. You lose him and instant shit but on top of that, they lost some of their most talented players to retirement. They'd be better off with small hands too. Never believed in Kappy though he had a nice lock-on relationship with Crab cakes one season. I'll give more credit to Crab cakes for that though, he was a beast and I thought he'd become a premiere WR in this league.

Bread

Banned
I haven't seen Garoppolo play, is he looking that good?
rs_634x1024-150512135850-634.Jimmy-Garoppolo-Patriots.jl.051215.jpg

i'd say so

Farooq

Banned
Holy shit, just looked at David Irving's SPARQ score!

On the David Irving bandwagon, and I haven't seen a single snap yet. Fuck subjective scouting reports, numbers don't lie.

BTW, has anyone seen the short film by ESPN and Fivethirtyeight called "The Cowboys and the Indian"?

About Salem Qureishi, a computer programmer and statistician, who helped overhaul the Dallas Cowboys scouting system in the early 60s.

I wonder how big that coffee cup actually is

Holy shit, just looked at David Irving's SPARQ score!

On the David Irving bandwagon, and I haven't seen a single snap yet. Fuck subjective scouting reports, numbers don't lie.

BTW, has anyone seen the short film by ESPN and Fivethirtyeight called "The Cowboys and the Indian"?

About Salem Qureishi, a computer programmer and statistician, who helped overhaul the Dallas Cowboys scouting system in the early 60s.

Our DLine is in shambles. Hopefully you are right.

Hindl

With all the shit with injuries and suspensions surrounding your team didn't you expect that though? You get Greg Hardy and McClain back soon you guys will be fine

Farooq

Banned

Lol, I am half serious with these posts. I mean he was signed to the PS and not on someone's 53 for a reason. He does have great measurables though, most explosive DT we have.

It does excite me that the scouting department is going through what is out there using analytics to guide the process rather than gut feelings.

mech why did you block me on xbox live

why must you catch feelings

Bruh get over it. He doesn't like you like that. Stop being so god damn clingy. You the one that caught feelings. He only see you as a friend. Stop sending him messages he just wanted to be friends and here your ass going all lovey dovey. No wonder he blocked your ass.

#FriendZonedBread

Zeke

With all the shit with injuries and suspensions surrounding your team didn't you expect that though? You get Greg Hardy and McClain back soon you guys will be fine
Hardy and McClain next week hopefully, Gregory after the bye. secondary is still hot garbage tho.

Farooq

Banned
Hardy and McClain next week hopefully, Gregory after the bye. secondary is still hot garbage tho.

The secondary play should be better with an improved pass rush. Also Hardy and Irving have similar explosive ratings. I think you should get on the Irving bandwagon while it is still early.

Zeke

The secondary play should be better with an improved pass rush. Also Hardy and Irving have similar explosive ratings. I think you should get on the Irving badwagon while it is still early.
I'll be over the moon if he can contribute in time. Saw a pic of rhe guy looks like he may need to bulk up just a little more.

squicken

There’s another issue, however, that hasn’t gotten enough attention. While he hasn’t been a big part of the problem and some of the other issues negatively affect him, quarterback Joe Flacco just hasn’t been good enough. If you’re getting paid an average of $20 million, you’re supposed to be able to mask some of the other deficiencies on your team. Flacco’s not doing it.

In the four games dating back to last year’s playoff loss to the Patriots, Flacco has had the ball in his hands late in the fourth quarter with a chance to win, tie or put the game out of reach. He’s 0-for-4 in those opportunities. In fact, Flacco has lost his last seven opportunities in those situations going back to last season. Flacco’s most recent come-from-behind victory came in Week 3 last season when he drove the Ravens 37 yards in six plays (they took over at the 50-yard line) for a game-winning field goal as time expired to beat the Browns 23–21.

The man known for staying cool under pressure hasn’t been so unflappable lately.
http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/29/baltimore-ravens-afc-north-joe-flacco-winless

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Is it fair or unfair to say that Jim Caldwell and John Fox only have head coaching jobs because Peyton Manning quarterbacked teams took them to the superbowl?

Cowboys luck just ran out last week. It sounds strange but I think if Witten doesn't false start on the first offensive play of the second half and if Sean Lee isn't out for a series with a split lip we win that game.

Hindl

Eh, even with all that there's only one way you don't take the division. Giants and Skins aren't doing much, and Eagles are playing like dogshit. The only way things change is if Bradford really is just rusty and doesn't have a rapport with his receivers yet. If they start getting in sync and he stops being so jittery, then maybe the Eagles can take the division. I'll hold out hope, but it really doesn't seem like rust is the case with Bradford and he's simply bad. Time will tell but even with a ravaged defense, the Cowboys can get out of this trash heap

squicken

Is it fair or unfair to say that Jim Caldwell and John Fox only have head coaching jobs because Peyton Manning quarterbacked teams took them to the superbowl?

Fox coached CAR to that SB played in Houston w/Jake Delhomme. He also figured out a way to win with Tebow. He's collecting a check these days, but he was a good coach

Caldwell is probably a decent OC but over his head as a HC

bionic77

Romo has been absolutely legit shook after several games. So I do think it's possible at some point.
Geting rattled is different than doubting yourself.

Keep in mind I am talking about the best of the best at their positions. A scrub like Weeden can lose all confidence and recover and remain a backup qb or mannequin.

But the best at what they do? I feel a large part of being the best of the best has to do with confidence, most of which is probably irrational until it comes true.

Farooq

Banned
I'll be over the moon if he can contribute in time. Saw a pic of rhe guy looks like he may need to bulk up just a little more.

I doubt he contributes this year. Dude didn't even play college ball last year, has had off-field issues. Hopefully we are stacking talent for next year.

Also, semi-related rant, people talking about his 40 yard dash. 40 yard dash means jack shit for defensive lineman/pass rushers. It is about jumps(get off and power), 3-cone (bend), and agility/change of direction (short shuttle). Explosive guys can make up for lack of bend and agility (think Cameron Wake). Rushers with a 3-cone under 7 seconds and are agile can make up for a lack of explosion. Sometimes you get prospects with both like Beasley.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Fox coached CAR to that SB played in Houston w/Jake Delhomme. He also figured out a way to win with Tebow. He's collecting a check these days, but he was a good coach

Caldwell is probably a decent OC but over his head as a HC
Yea but Carolina was like over 10 years ago. That'd be like Cowher coming back, the game has changed.

Wasn't some Texans fan just saying how much they were liking Randy Bullock this season?

if they did, they're on crack. He was the first kicker to miss a damn extra point with the new rules.

eznark

Banned
Probably misrememered. I assume Quarless will hit IR to make room for Letroy Guion, which is a net positive for GB. Sucks he had to get hurt, but obviously I didn't want him to make the squad in the first place.

this_guy

Wasn't some Texans fan just saying how much they were liking Randy Bullock this season?

I've never seen anyone say they like fat Randy. It's just been announced that he's cut and everyone on sports radio is happy with it.

Nick Novak is the new kicker.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I've never seen anyone say they like fat Randy. It's just been announced that he's cut and everyone on sports radio is happy with it.

Novak is the new kicker.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

BoB ain't fucking around! Kubes woulda kept him for 8 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom