• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

I wonder if he Eli could have taken the chargers to two owls if hadn't acted like a bitch when he was drafted.

No because of this guy..

220px-Norv_Turner.JPG

bionic77

Boswell is a boss.

God watching this game reminds me of the old days before Ben when our defense and the rest of the team would play lights out but we were one qb away.

Please Tomlin don't let Ben come back against the Cards! That has loss written all over it with or without him.

NightOnyx

It's almost like the Chargers play an away game every single week with how bad their fans are.

Seriously, I didn't realize it was so bad. I mean obviously the Steelers have a lot of fans and they always represent really well on the road, but it sounded like a damn home game for them. I rarely want teams to move, but in the case of the Chargers, maybe it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Not sure if LA would be any better though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Seriously, I didn't realize it was so bad. I mean obviously the Steelers have a lot of fans and they always represent really well on the road, but it sounded like a damn home game for them. I rarely want teams to move, but in the case of the Chargers, maybe it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Not sure if LA would be any better though.
SD probably has a ton of Steeler fan retirees because only old people like the Steelers.

KaYotiX

Banned
Boswell is a boss.

God watching this game reminds me of the old days before Ben when our defense and the rest of the team would play lights out but we were one qb away.

Please Tomlin don't let Ben come back against the Cards! That has loss written all over it with or without him.

Till next week and he misses a game winner

So you are giving up on Crow? We can't feed him anymore.. No more lunchables?

BG.. Running-backs aren't the issue on the team. We can't stop the run to save our fucking life. It's astounding how much the defense has looked like it has regressed compared to last year. Pett needs to do the thing that he is known for and.. fix the defense and let Flip somehow make McCown and Manziel look good.
I didnt say anything about D. I was specifically talking about one position group. Crow has been playing better, but I've always had reservations (Kave knows this). His balance has been bad for the most part, but he's gotten better. And we can't pretend like he's played especially well in the first couple of weeks. He's doing better now, but if you can upgrade you upgrade. Good chance turbin will take carries from crow when he comes back......and if at the end of the season none of them are spectacular, another guy will be brought in to help compete and work with Duke. Didn't say rb was this teams big problem, I just see that we can improve.

Also you probably took my Gilbert for X player to serious as I say Gilbert for X all the time.

NightOnyx

SD probably has a ton of Steeler fan retirees because only old people like the Steelers.

I grew up in Florida and a can confirm that old people like the Steelers. Seems like there are more Steelers and Patriots fans down there than any of the 3 local teams, which right now I really don't blame them.

I didnt say anything about D. I was specifically talking about one position group. Crow has been playing better, but I've always had reservations (Kave knows this). His balance has been bad for the most part, but he's gotten better. And we can't pretend like he's played especially well in the first couple of weeks. He's doing better now, but if you can upgrade you upgrade. Good chance turbin will take carries from crow when he comes back......and if at the end of the season none of them are spectacular, another guy will be brought in to help compete and work with Duke. Didn't say rb was this teams big problem, I just see that we can improve.

Fair point. I just thought you meant that the biggest issue on the team was the running-backs whereas that is the last thing we need to worry about at this given moment.

Hard for me to hate Norv as a cowboys fan.

Fair enough.

Sure easy to hate him when he pissed away all the talent that the Chargers had over the years with teams that were sure as hell capable of winning the super bowl.

Every team gets fans when they're dominant. Look at how crap their fans have been now that they're down. People in CA are lousy sports fans, and I say that as a 49ers fan living in the Bay Area. It was a culture shock when I moved here from Chicago.

Lakers attendance has only dropped about 200 (avg) in last 5 years

TV is another matter though

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2000581-lakers-fanbase-tunes-out-terrible-season-as-tv-ratings-and-attendance-plummet

Fair point. I just thought you meant that the biggest issue on the team was the running-backs whereas that is the last thing we need to worry about at this given moment.

Fair enough.

Sure easy to hate him when he pissed away all the talent that the Chargers had over the years with teams that were sure as hell capable of winning the super bowl.
Don't read into when I say "Gilbert for X player, who says no?" to much, because I do it all the time.

Really my comment wasn't about any of our rbs, just Gilbert

Every team gets fans when they're dominant. Look at how crap their fans have been now that they're down. People in CA are lousy sports fans, and I say that as a 49ers fan living in the Bay Area. It was a culture shock when I moved here from Chicago.

Colin Cowherd is an asshole, but he had a spiel that I thought was accurate that I had heard when I was in the car one day. The diehard sports towns like in the Midwest and the South are diehard because what is there to do.

Weather Sucks
No beaches
No Club scene

Places like Miami, LA, San Fran, San Diego. They don't have to give much of a fuck about sports because they have nice weather, social scene, and things like that

Gigglepoo

Colin Cowherd is an asshole, but he had a spiel that I thought was accurate that I had heard when I was in the car one day. The diehard sports towns like in the Midwest and the South are diehard because what is there to do.

Weather Sucks
No beaches
No Club scene

Places like Miami, LA, San Fran, San Diego. They don't have to give much of a fuck about sports because they have nice weather, social scene, and things like that

I don't blame people from California (it's amazing here, year round!) just pointing out how crap the fans are. I do miss living Ina crazy sports town sometimes.

Top Bottom