• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 6 |OT| - I'm tired of waiting.

squicken

Giants-Eagles

-PHI ball

Going into the Jets game, I knew PHI would be able to use its backs and TEs effectively against Bowles' defense, b/c I had seen that as an issue when he was at AZ. Jared Cook's only good game with STL was against AZ, where he was running free all over the field

It seems like NYG are similarly vulnerable. I know it is a different system, but PHI backs and TEs on NYG safeties and LBs seems like a mismatch.

-Giants ball

The big goal for the defense was limiting the X-plays they give up, gains of 20 yards or more. They were really bad last year, and got worked by Julio Jones in the first game this year. NOLA also worked them for several big plays. In the other games, they were good at limiting those

So that is the big thing for their defense. They can't let ODB go off like Jones did. I think they learned not to try and put Maxwell on an island, but ODB's still a great player. I think Philly's defense will mostly handle the Giants running game

-Prediction

Giants are at home and have the better QB. If Beckham plays, Giants win. If he sits or is obviously limited, I think Philly takes it

e: Game is in Philly. Leaving it unchanged, but noted

MechDX

yea but that was clearly obvious.

blaine-gabbert1.png

Congrats! You win!

Giants-Eagles

-PHI ball

Going into the Jets game, I knew PHI would be able to use its backs and TEs effectively against Bowles' defense, b/c I had seen that as an issue when he was at AZ. Jared Cook's only good game with STL was against AZ, where he was running free all over the field

It seems like NYG are similarly vulnerable. I know it is a different system, but PHI backs and TEs on NYG safeties and LBs seems like a mismatch.

-Giants ball

The big goal for the defense was limiting the X-plays they give up, gains of 20 yards or more. They were really bad last year, and got worked by Julio Jones in the first game this year. NOLA also worked them for several big plays. In the other games, they were good at limiting those

So that is the big thing for their defense. They can't let ODB go off like Jones did. I think they learned not to try and put Maxwell on an island, but ODB's still a great player. I think Philly's defense will mostly handle the Giants running game

-Prediction

Giants are at home and have the better QB. If Beckham plays, Giants win. If he sits or is obviously limited, I think Philly takes it

Chip has done well against the Giants so far. I definitely think it will be a close game but I think that the Eagles will pull it out. Eagles D has been getting better and against the Saints they were in Brees face all game long. Giants have struggled to run the ball this year, hopefully the Eagles can make them one dimensional and really get after Eli. The big question for me is can the Eagles run the ball this week.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You guys jest but at what point to ppl start calling Mcclown one of the greatest Browns qbs? I say yesterday, oh.

Five greatest Browns QBs since they came back? Think about:

1. Derek Anderson
2. Derek Anderson
3. Derek Anderson
4. Derek Anderson
5. Derek Anderson

Because he throws hot fiyah!

squicken

Chip has done well against the Giants so far. I definitely think it will be a close game but I think that the Eagles will pull it out. Eagles D has been getting better and against the Saints they were in Brees face all game long. Giants have struggled to run the ball this year, hopefully the Eagles can make them one dimensional and really get after Eli. The big question for me is can the Eagles run the ball this week.

Spags is definitely an opposing coach I trust Chip to get the better of. To me, it's just that Eli is a good not great QB, and Bradford is a bad not awful QB. He can't throw RZ picks like last week, or come out slow. I don't know why his splits are so extreme, but if Philly wants to go anywhere this year, his play has to improve

1st half: 56.3%, 5.5 YPA, 2TDs, 3INTs
2d half: 70.2%, 8.1 YPA, 6TDs, 3INTs

bionic77

Ben is practicing. Guy always comes back from injury too early and sucks ass in those games.
The bar is currently pretty low compared to Vick. He would be better than Vick in a wheelchair.

But I would also rather we take our lumps against the Cardd and bring him back closer to 100% against KC who look about ready to quit and get us ready for Cincy.

This could have been an amazing game if both teams were 100%.

Spags is definitely an opposing coach I trust Chip to get the better of. To me, it's just that Eli is a good not great QB, and Bradford is a bad not awful QB. He can't throw RZ picks like last week, or come out slow. I don't know why his splits are so extreme, but if Philly wants to go anywhere this year, his play has to improve

Chip had a funny joke about how they need to schedule a scrimmage game before the Monday night game so that Bradford can play well the whole game. He has looked like a different guy in the 2nd half of games. I will say that outside of the picks, and one was an amazing play by the DB, he was really sharp and stepping into his throws all game against the Saints.

Halftime adjustments?

squicken

Chip had a funny joke about how they need to schedule a scrimmage game before the Monday night game so that Bradford can play well the whole game. He has looked like a different guy in the 2nd half of games. I will say that outside of the picks, and one was an amazing play by the DB, he was really sharp and stepping into his throws all game against the Saints.

I do agree with that. First half vs NOLA he was fine except for the INT to Cooper. He also has brutal numbers when targeting Austin, Cooper and Agholor. They struggle to get open consistently, but Cooper has been open on a few bad throws

http://www.pro-football-reference.c...pass_location=DM&pass_location=DR#receiver::1

Halftime adjustments?

Definitely part of it, but to start games, Bradford's ball location is terrible. Most often behind the WR

I do agree with that. First half vs NOLA he was fine except for the INT to Cooper. He also has brutal numbers when targeting Austin, Cooper and Agholor. They struggle to get open consistently, but Cooper has been open on a few bad throws

http://www.pro-football-reference.c...pass_location=DM&pass_location=DR#receiver::1
I really wish they would stop playing Cooper. My hope is now that Huff is healthy and played well last week, he can replace Cooper on the outside. Cooper can block but he is slow and he has terrible hands, he also is the worst WR I have ever seen when it comes to fighting for balls.

The bar is currently pretty low compared to Vick. He would be better than Vick in a wheelchair.

But I would also rather we take our lumps against the Cardd and bring him back closer to 100% against KC who look about ready to quit and get us ready for Cincy.

This could have been an amazing game if both teams were 100%.

I agree, this would have been a really great game. Injuries suck. I expect Ben will practice as much as they let him but will ultimately be ruled out come Sunday. I know he wants to play against Arians badly but it'd be pretty crazy to play him gimped and risk re-aggravating his injury further derailing your season. You were lucky to scrape by against SD but don't want to face Cinci with Vick if it can be helped.

Draxal

Giants will use Vereen and the screen game a ton.

Don't get me wrong, I think this is an Eagles win, as the Giants just lose to the Eagles every year under Coughlin.

Hindl

Don't get me wrong, I think this is an Eagles win, as the Giants just lose to the Eagles every year under Coughlin.

True the Eagles always seem to beat the Giants, but this team is just so up and down, and the Giants look pretty good. And divisional games are always crazy, and add in prime time that anything could happen

squicken

I really wish they would stop playing Cooper. My hope is now that Huff is healthy and played well last week, he can replace Cooper on the outside. Cooper can block but he is slow and he has terrible hands, he also is the worst WR I have ever seen when it comes to fighting for balls.

https://vine.co/v/eE7ntMUEYTa

https://vine.co/v/eE7J7luwJFE

The thing is that he is an exceptional blocker. When you watch him on run plays he just moves the CB wherever he wants. I'd rather see Huff on for Austin, but the Philly writers seem to hint at Huff being a bit of a knucklehead and unreliable

https://vine.co/v/eE7ntMUEYTa

https://vine.co/v/eE7J7luwJFE

The thing is that he is an exceptional blocker. When you watch him on run plays he just moves the CB wherever he wants. I'd rather see Huff on for Austin, but the Philly writers seem to hint at Huff being a bit of a knucklehead and unreliable

If you listened to Chips PC yesterday he singled out Huff for praise multiple times. I really hope that he is getting things figured out and will be on the field more.

bionic77

Can't decide if I want to take the Cardinals in Survival or not.
The Steelers are a good team missing a qb.

They could win with an injury to Zona or 2-3 lucky plays.

Cards are going to win but I would skip then for survival this week. Must be a better selection.

If Hicks keeps playing screens the way he has been that will spell trouble for the Giants screen game. But that is definitely the Giants best shot. A lot of this is going to depend on the Eagles getting pressure on Eli. The Eagles good secondary coverage and pass rush has a shot at making Eli look like normal Eli instead of postseason Eli. Eli has actually not performed quite as well against good defenses this season. I think this game all comes down to how much pressure they can get on Eli. Hopefully Cox plays like he did last week.

Chip has done well against the Giants so far.

Giants have been a shell of a team since the end of 2012/2013. Not really an accomplishment if we're being honest.

If ODB doesn't play, we aren't winning the game no matter what. If he does, this offensive line is much better than what Chip has had to contend with in the last 2 seasons which gives me a great deal of hope for keeping Eli upright to make the throws he needs to.

It's a road game in Philly.

Trade us Joe Thomas, Browns.
We want the rights to Dutch patriot. Toss in dragon too actually, and some Popeyes.
I knew the situation at WR was desperate, but I didn't know it was THIS desperate.

Jordan Raanan ‏@JordanRaanan
Can confirm #Giants worked out Terrell Pryor at wide receiver today, per source. Will have full list of tryout players later today
Dwayne Bowe. Trade for him pls

BigAT

I knew the situation at WR was desperate, but I didn't know it was THIS desperate.

Jordan Raanan ‏@JordanRaanan
Can confirm #Giants worked out Terrell Pryor at wide receiver today, per source. Will have full list of tryout players later today

Top Bottom