• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 6 |OT| - I'm tired of waiting.

Spinluck

lol Pats fans acting like this injury means anything

As long as it's not Gronk or two WRs, or Brady. They'll be fine on offense.

EDIT: What kind of job does an international relations degree get you? PR? never heard of that before.

:(

Nothing is real anymore. Guess I'll take the Eagles either way, then

Maybe I'm nuts for believing a little bit, but I'll take the Giants in a close one. This team has a different feel than the one last year when they got blanked by the Eagles coming in with the same 3-2 record. The Giants do not have a great run blocking line just yet but they do have a very good pass blocking line that is helped by the offensive scheme and Eli getting the ball out quickly. The Eagles do have a formidable front but then so did the Bills.

That's predicated on us getting a number of players back. Specifically Odell. No Odell and its going to be tough sledding for the offense. There's just nothing there to take the defensive focus away from Vereen and the other receivers that will be on the field. Game lost in that scenario, IMO.

On the defensive side, we need Kennard on the field. Plain and simple. He's top 3 best player on the defense right now. Having Ayers back on the line will also be a huge help against a poor Eagles offensive line.

zychi

Banned
Gaming side fell for a deadspin hyperbole article. Funny that they dont realize its just gawker/kotaku on a sister site

jbug617

Banned
@CamHeyward: Got fined for honoring my Dad who bravely fought cancer on my eye black. #Nevergiveup #CancerSucks
CRSvWQbWgAEFSVL.jpg

https://twitter.com/CamHeyward/status/654340648053510144

Giants-Eagles

-PHI ball

Going into the Jets game, I knew PHI would be able to use its backs and TEs effectively against Bowles' defense, b/c I had seen that as an issue when he was at AZ. Jared Cook's only good game with STL was against AZ, where he was running free all over the field

It seems like NYG are similarly vulnerable. I know it is a different system, but PHI backs and TEs on NYG safeties and LBs seems like a mismatch.

-Giants ball

The big goal for the defense was limiting the X-plays they give up, gains of 20 yards or more. They were really bad last year, and got worked by Julio Jones in the first game this year. NOLA also worked them for several big plays. In the other games, they were good at limiting those

So that is the big thing for their defense. They can't let ODB go off like Jones did. I think they learned not to try and put Maxwell on an island, but ODB's still a great player. I think Philly's defense will mostly handle the Giants running game

-Prediction

Giants are at home and have the better QB. If Beckham plays, Giants win. If he sits or is obviously limited, I think Philly takes it

Game is in philly bro.

TheFatOne

Nate Solder out for season, torn biceps

Fuck. That means more Canon at LT. That is going to be very very interesting.
Didn't the Pats protect better after Solder went out or am I not remembering this correctly?

Solder is an up and down LT. He's mostly good, but when he is down boy does he suck balls. Now Canon replaces him, and he's barely even back up quality offensive lineman. Going to be rough on the left side of the oline for the Pats from here on out.

squicken

Maybe I'm nuts for believing a little bit, but I'll take the Giants in a close one. This team has a different feel than the one last year when they got blanked by the Eagles coming in with the same 3-2 record. .

Not nuts if you like what you see. I think A&M beats Alabama in CFB this week

There's a lot of reasons to like the Giants if it is close. Better QB, better kicker. Giants have a playmaker that Philly does not. I just don't like Spags more than I am scared of Bradford fucking up

eznark

Banned
I knew the situation at WR was desperate, but I didn't know it was THIS desperate.

Jordan Raanan ‏@JordanRaanan
Can confirm #Giants worked out Terrell Pryor at wide receiver today, per source. Will have full list of tryout players later today

You should think about bringing in James Jones.

Respect

Solder is an up and down LT. He's mostly good, but when he is down boy does he suck balls. Now Canon replaces him, and he's barely even back up quality offensive lineman. Going to be rough on the left side of the oline for the Pats from here on out.

He sucks at guard, but he can be decent at tackle. Although he usually is only in there a short time, time will tell. Not sure he will be athletic enough, but not like there is much choice now.

Draxal

Not nuts if you like what you see. I think A&M beats Alabama in CFB this week

There's a lot of reasons to like the Giants if it is close. Better QB, better kicker. Giants have a playmaker that Philly does not. I just don't like Spags more than I am scared of Bradford fucking up

You see, the Giants fans love Spags, but this defense just has no pass rush.

Unlike FV though, I'm convince they will lose, as this is the Eagles, the Giants will always lose to the Eagles under Coughlin.

You see, the Giants fans love Spags, but this defense just has no pass rush.

Unlike FV though, I'm convince they will lose, as this is the Eagles, the Giants will always lose to the Eagles under Coughlin.

It really is crazy but Reid, and especially Chip, have done well against the Giants.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Nate Solder is pretty bad. Can't imagine how terrible his backup will be. Not sure it matters as long as Br*dy throws the ball within 1.2 seconds.

f7dxqA1.gif

We've split with the Eagles 3 of the last 5 seasons. We've had most of our success in Philly. If this were a home game, I'd be inclined to agree amusingly enough.

It really is crazy but Reid, and especially Chip, have done well against the Giants.
You've got that reversed. Chip has played garbage, barely competitive Giants teams since coming into the league. No shit he's had success. Reid was proficient at beating actual quality Giants squads in the past. Reid had much more success against Coughlin but I know Eagles fans giving Reid his due is like akin to getting Ebola for some reason I'll never understand.

Top Bottom