• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 6 |OT| - I'm tired of waiting.

Caught up with the rest of the late game on gamepass and I almost wish I'd stayed up another couple of hours to see THAT play. Can we just cancel the season already, it's all shit.

498FINS1019%20RYAN%20CTJ

496FINS1019%20DAN%20CTJ

499FINS1019%20DRENCH%20CTJ

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
anyone have a GIF of that colts trick play last night? I couldn't stay awake last night, was up before sunrise to go do some photography.

Also, yay we're not as bad as the hapless jaguars, at least for a week.

Dolphins have won one game under Dan Campbell and there is plenty of time for things to go south. That said, it's incredible how different the team looked and felt compared to when Philbin was at the helm.

I spent countless words on this board last season talking about the importance of having a HC who is a motivator and a passionate leader, and watching Dan Campbell's first game yesterday completely drove that point home. I'm not saying Campbell is some football genius or even that he'll have success as an NFL HC, but he made some simple changes the Dolphins have needed for years, and many that I've whined about.

1. Countered the finesse team image. No FB on the roster? No problem, use DT Earl Mitchell as a FB. Run the ball up the gut on third and short with jumbo personnel and convert. Push the opposing team off the line on offense and defense.

2. Focus on getting the running game going early and STICKING WITH IT. After having some success on the ground start going to PA passes from singleback and I-form, another rare to nonexistent happening under Philbin.

3. Go for the throat when your team has the lead. Titans scored a TD at the end of the third to cut the deficit to 14, then RT and co. drove down the field for a beautiful TD drive. Great playcalling and balance on the drive.

4. Get the guys playing with passion. Sideline was fired up, defensive players were flying to the ball, offensive guys were fighting for extra yards.

Again, it's been one game. I get that. All I'm saying is leadership matters!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
As much as I've enjoyed seeing Seattle drop to 2-4, they're schedule still says 10-6 or 9-7 to me. Can still win the division too. That game against Arizona in a few weeks is basically going to decide the whole thing.

MRSA

Banned
Well now I get to stress over whether or not the Raiders will beat the Chargers this weekend. Where is Nori Chan? Who else is a Dolts fan?

squicken

As much as I've enjoyed seeing Seattle drop to 2-4, they're schedule still says 10-6 or 9-7 to me. Can still win the division too. That game against Arizona in a few weeks is basically going to decide the whole thing.

I feel the same way. You can tell they are a talented team that is just tripping over themselves. And the difficult portion of the schedule is over. But they won't be getting home field in the playoffs this year, which is the big thing for everyone else in the NFC.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/colts-...n-fake-punt---you-know--colts--063235686.html

"Just miscommunication between all of us," Whalen said afterward, understandably trying to say as little as possible.

Did the coaches tell you to snap the ball?

"That's the part that was miscommunicated," Whalen said.

ha

Such a baffling lack of basic football common sense on display though, how do you not line up on the LOS? How do you leave the left side of the "line" uncovered? WHY snap it? WHY?

It's my favourite play of all time.

Not sure how this is an AFC or NFC is terrible thing - they are both fucking awful.

There's no really dominant team. I thought the Cards were head and shoulders above every other team in the league but they were stifled yesterday.The Packer team you guys are swearing by for the NFC looks charmin' soft against Phil Rivers.

I have to wonder if this is a result of less practice time and the introduction of the Thursday night games, but that shouldn't roll over into Sunday afternoon. The product on the field has really suffered IMO.

Nah. Didnt you hear? A Landry jones-led steelers team is better than every NFC team

captive

Yeah.. Because that will help the Texans
it will, the problem with that team is the GM. Hey guys our young star QB is getting killed, lets draft another wide receiver in the first round! Hey lets trade a one away for trent truck. They should be investing in the offensive line and defense, Luck is the type of QB that's going to make average or good receivers play above their level.

Did last night.

True.. But... That won't matter much unless the Texans win their divisional games against the Colts.

Nah. Didnt you hear? A Landry jones-led steelers team is better than every NFC team

I mean morally sure.. Free Landry, BG's Boy.

it will, the problem with that team is the GM. Hey guys our young star QB is getting killed, lets draft another wide receiver in the first round! Hey lets trade a one away for trent truck. They should be investing in the offensive line and defense, Luck is the type of QB that's going to make average or good receivers play above their level.
Sure, but texans need to get their shit together in order for that to matter. If they don't, then it doesn't really matter how many games colts lose if they win the division.

captive

Sure, but texans need to get their shit together in order for that to matter. If they don't, then it doesn't really matter how many games colts lose if they win the division.

thanks captain obvious, what are you going to tell us next, for the Texans to win they have to score more points than the other team?

squicken

When NBC went to commercial break after the Colts’ bizarre fake-punt play that turned into a monumental failure Sunday night, the bumper music was “There Must Be Some Misunderstanding,” by Genesis.

The backstory: NBC’s lead audio technician, Wendel Stevens, makes a playlist for the Sunday night games. “There Must Be Some Misunderstanding” was not on the original playlist. After the botched fake punt, Stevens quickly found it and put it on the air.

See, Peter King does have useful information. Well done, Wendel

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
There is something freeing about having to watch a rerun of a game. I already know the team stunk up the field. Now I can at least look for the silver linings. Like, I don't think anybody spontaneously combusted, but I don't know for sure until I get home.

Top Bottom