• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 6 |OT| - I'm tired of waiting.

Hammer24

Banned
There is something freeing about having to watch a rerun of a game. I already know the team stunk up the field. Now I can at least look for the silver linings. Like, I don't think anybody spontaneously combusted, but I don't know for sure until I get home.

Ooooh boy, you´re in for a.... treat.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
Why the hell is losing to the Texans a surprise to a jaguar?

Salt on the wound.. Because Jaguars were up most of the game. It looked like the win was secured going into the third quarter..

Bye Week

Yay!

tghf.gif

Jay Gruden on Kirk Cousins said:
"Yeah I don't know. I'll have to look at the film. Like I said - also, it was little windy. But, and also, [there was] a lot of pressure on him. There's a lot of things going on pre-snap that he's got to deal with, getting the formations and protections and all that. You know last week the Jets had about 15 cover-zeroes [all-out blitzes] against Miami, so we're always looking out for those and making sure he's aware of those. They played pretty vanilla today, and I think he hurried in some throws he didn't have to, or maybe he did. But I'll have to look at the film. But overall, you hate to pin this game on Kirk."

Jay Gruden on RGIII said:
"Robert had some fundamental flaws," Gruden said. "His footwork was below average. He took three-step drops when he should have taken five. He took a one-step drop when he should have taken three on a couple occasions and that can't happen. He stepped up when he didn't have to step up, and he stepped into pressure. He read the wrong side of the field a couple times.

seems fair

eznark

Banned
I can't argue this. The more time you spend away from it the more you realize it's not what it once was.

I'll try to be better about starting actual football conversations when I get back from vacation. I think we could use another "coaching doesn't matter" months long debate.

eznark

Banned
How bout that Bruce Arians?? Coach of the year vs Landry Jones

It won't be the same discussion, it needs to be something fresh or LJ won't engage. I'll read through his post history on the plane and come up with something that will force him to deep dive back in.

Maybe something about how much better the Bills would be if they had never fired Tom Celements.

Godslay

Banned
I'll try to be better about starting actual football conversations when I get back from vacation. I think we could use another "coaching doesn't matter" months long debate.

That happened? Damn.

Coaching is the edge in this league. We've seen it all too many times.

Don't get me wrong, I've been part of the problem too. I guess the ban and actually stepping away from gaf made me refocus on why I posted here in the first place.

Let's talk about it on October 30th?

Actually you're right, we should talk about it no because by the end of the month you'll be back to Mech-lite!

12-4 lives baby!
Damn, two week vacation? Have fun, man!

Dolphins might beat Houston next week but the Pats will kill them. I'm really curious to see how this team responds after a loss or two.

I'm not going to get optimistic but the reality is the Dolphins are 2-3 which means they are hardly out of the conversation, at least in terms of record. I'd still say 6-10 or 7-9 is the most likely outcome, though.

eznark

Banned

Dolphins might beat Houston next week but the Pats will kill them. I'm really curious to see how this team responds after a loss or two.

I'm not going to get optimistic but the reality is the Dolphins are 2-3 which means they are hardly out of the conversation, at least in terms of record. I'd still say 6-10 or 7-9 is the most likely outcome, though.

Dolphins play the Patriots on the 29th, hence the 30th.

That happened? Damn.
Specifically it was about no one being able to fix players who had been starters in the league a couple years. Alex Smith being able to become some great QB if only they'd fire Singletary.

Does that mean the interim coach stays on? Or is he going to be kicked to the curve then.

Dolphins play the Patriots on the 29th, hence the 30th.
That's fine but it doesn't change my point. The Dolphins played like an inspired team yesterday and looked completely fired up, something we hadn't seen against arguably worse teams like the Jags and Redskins. The team had quit on Philbin because he's a bad leader and motivator, as I've been saying for years at this point.

LJ11

Not sure how this is an AFC or NFC is terrible thing - they are both fucking awful.

There's no really dominant team. I thought the Cards were head and shoulders above every other team in the league but they were stifled yesterday.The Packer team you guys are swearing by for the NFC looks charmin' soft against Phil Rivers.

I have to wonder if this is a result of less practice time and the introduction of the Thursday night games, but that shouldn't roll over into Sunday afternoon. The product on the field has really suffered IMO.

Thursday night thing is overblown, short rest is a factor, but it's another game that the NFL can't hide, especially when every team is scheduled to play. Most fans have ADD too, they can't watch this stuff. Redzone channel is all they watch.

Crisco

Banned
CRrwTzAW0AA6pHw.jpg

Also, I'll probably refrain from talking too much shit about Shula the rest of the season. The best thing he's done is simply putting more of the offense on Cam's shoulders, letting him audible and call the play at the LOS more often than not. It's not too different than what Chud was doing in 2012, the difference being Cam knows how to QB better.

Daniel Fells update:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago
An update on #Giants TE Daniel Fells is posting soon. Best news: Docs believe they saved his foot from amputation. Could be home this week

Also, on tonights game:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m6 minutes ago
Giants are encouraged about chances of having WRs, Odell Beckham Jr. and Rueben Randle, play tonight; both WRs nursing hamstring injuries.

More NFC East fuckery on prime time tonight.

bionic77

Much more excited about the Star War trailer than the actual game tonight lol
I can't speak for Giants or Eagles fans (and I suspect the same might be true for Eagles fans) but you speak for all of us.

I am going to try and get tickets at the IMAX at King of Prussia for 12/18. Hoping for late afternoon or early evening. Will take the day off if I have to.

This movie better not suck. I have too much riding on it. :(

Hammer24

Banned
My 2 month old has a fascination with smacking me in the face until he falls asleep.

It's the little things in life guys!

Hah, so thats what I can look forward to next month...

In other news: why did you change your avatar pic to one of the biggest assholes on GAF?

Konka

Banned
I can't speak for Giants or Eagles fans (and I suspect the same might be true for Eagles fans) but you speak for all of us.

I am going to try and get tickets at the IMAX at King of Prussia for 12/18. Hoping for late afternoon or early evening. Will take the day off if I have to.

This movie better not suck. I have too much riding on it. :(

Nerd.

Top Bottom