• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 6 |OT| - I'm tired of waiting.

Line_HTX

Margaret buffs and now Texans vs Dolphins. Sorry line but we can't be friends anymore
for this week.

I could just default back to Yukiko since she's a better zoner than that Power Ranger wannabe Yukari anyways. >:p

How do you like Parasyte?

Campbell is pretty awe-inspiring.

I could just default back to Yukiko since she's a better zoner than that Power Ranger wannabe Yukari anyways. >:p

How do you like Parasyte?

Campbell is pretty awe-inspiring.

Its cool. Nothing amazing so far though.

I hope our first win against the Texans ever isn't too embarrassing :D

bionic77

Fuuuuck.

This theater has no idea when the tickets go on sale.

He thinks it is tomorrow. And these fuckers have advance seating so I need to get in there quick!

Oh to be a college kid with nothing to do. I could devote myself to checking the website every 5 minutes...

The Steelers were incredibly luck to win against the Cardinals.

The only reason we won was because Vick got hurt and we got a semi garbage back up who can in and can occasionally complete a pass. The Cards obviously did not prepare for the Steelers to be able to pass the ball like that because they prepared for Vick and their whole gameplan was basically to shut down Bell and for the most part they pulled it off. They got unlucky with the change in qb (which has sunk many a team) and they did not take enough advantage of Vick's absolutely putrid game. It was like 10-3 and they let us hang around far too long.

I still think the Cards can be legit, but they are only going as far as Palmer can take them. He can't be playing fuckball and just putting the ball up for grabs. That last INT was horrible.

On the other hand I think the Steelers are a pretty good team and have a chance to be really good if Ben comes back and performs the way he can. A lot of fucking ifs with this team though and we have two offensive linemen out. Bell was making a good living running to the left side. We will have to see if we can continue that with Beachum out for the season.

Very true, except that Beachum was never a good run blocker. Bell made hay on the left because of Miller and Decastro pulling. Villanueva will actually be an improvement in the run game. It's his pass blocking that's in question.

Line_HTX

Its cool. Nothing amazing so far though.

I hope our first win against the Texans ever isn't too embarrassing :D

Yeah, I don't know I want to continue watching on my 2nd attempt since I stopped at the 3rd. There's something about this that I just fell revolted... =/

I might yell at you for a bit and then be done with that, and then it all gets back to normal. No biggie. I'll be prepared for your ava gif just in case though! >:p

cdyhybrid

O-line is gorilla anus but Russell hasn't reacted well to pressure at all. Like Luck he is developing some shit habbits. Isn't he the worst against the blitz this year or was at some point?

Not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised. I'm more talking about the only reason Russell can still be healthy enough to stay on the field at this point is because he's really good at shielding himself from big hits.

If the Browns defense could be consistent we'd be guaranteed below average.

Yes, dude has no HC experience, right now they are coaching my committee and yesterday it showed how he was in over his head. I mean if he can get this team to the playoffs? Then I guess I'd understand Ross signing him to another year but I really feel like we need a completely overhaul from top to bottom.

I see. That's what I thought. he would have to make a playoff spot to entertain the idea of him to remain HC.

Edit-TDR, Brewer is named starting QB for Duke.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Very true, except that Beachum was never a good run blocker. Bell made hay on the left because of Miller and Decastro pulling. Villanueva will actually be an improvement in the run game. It's his pass blocking that's in question.

From what I recall of him in the preseason, he leads in too high to run block effectively. Doesn't get any push, lots of stalemates.

Just got home. Survived the trip. I did not die, only close call was witnessing the horror of Joe Flacco's second interception, which nearly made me vomit out my insides.

Stadium is still soulless and sterile. I went to a bowl game there, felt that way then. I thought maybe things would change for a Niners game. Nope.
Yea dude i dont know what flacco was thinking on that int, that was kapernick level decision making but at least it worked in our favor!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Today is election day in Canada.

Get hype everyone!

The voting is a sham. Admit it!

CtvqZCO.jpg

Line_HTX

Just got home. Survived the trip. I did not die, only close call was witnessing the horror of Joe Flacco's second interception, which nearly made me vomit out my insides.

Stadium is still soulless and sterile. I went to a bowl game there, felt that way then. I thought maybe things would change for a Niners game. Nope.

It sounds like Levi's Stadium is dead and not lively for a regular season game. Maybe that'll change on Thursday.

What exactly do you think happened today? The Cards rolled in scoring 38 a game and were held to 13. Jones converted a short field. Lead a fg drive. Threw short to Bryant and watched him go 88.
Remember the Texans? Mallet looked like QB Jesus at the end of the first game.

From what I recall of him in the preseason, he leads in too high to run block effectively. Doesn't get any push, lots of stalemates.

A stalemate may be an improvement. Beachum could not anchor.

I wonder what 2nd round Bust Mike Adams is worth as a swing?

Remember the Texans? Mallet looked like QB Jesus at the end of the first game.

Difference being Steelers aren't stupid enough to put their hopes on Patriots washouts. All Landry needs to be able to do is throw the ball downfield some for one more game.

j-wood

It sucks that the titans season is pretty much over. Hoping now Mariotta isn't hurt really bad, gets good experience, and we get a decent draft pick.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Difference being Steelers aren't stupid enough to put their hopes on Patriots washouts. All Landry needs to be able to do is throw the ball downfield some for one more game.

I hope Adams is healthy enough to come back, otherwise the Steelers are going to be scouring every fast food joint in america for a swing tackle.

squicken

The Seahawks have looked like shit all year and should have lost to the Lions last week. We'll see, but I have a hard time believing that the Seahawks will be able to bounce back the way they have in the last 2 years.

They've led both CAR and CIN going into the 4Q. I don't think that is looking like shit. They have definitely failed to close, for sure. They are worse than years prior. But so is SF. STL maybe a little better. AZ couldn't beat Landry Jones and Mike Vick, lost to the Rams, and beat NOLA, CHI, and SF. I just don't see why AZ would go away and hide. AZ beats bad teams, and really beats them. So maybe that is enough in a down NFC.

And I think LJ is right about attention spans. A 4 yard run probably doesn't do as much for most of us as it used to.

bionic77

Won't be surprised if Ben comes back against the Chiefs.

He always comes back one week too early.

He will stink it up, people will leave us for dead and then business as usual when we stomp on the Bungles.

The o-line is going to be interesting to watch. Some of the pass blocking can be neutralized because we have a lot of options for quick passes and Ben has been getting it out much more quickly recently. Play action with a beast like Bell is also going to help the line in giving Ben time go go downfield.

You still have to play and not suck dick, but its always better to have o-line injuries in September and October instead of December. Hopefully Villanueva can contribute and get better. We have good coaches for the line and I am borderline ready to anoint Bulter as the chosen one (after only a month!). But I know that is crazy talk. Signs are encouraging about our defense though. We are not dominant but they do make plays, and those plays are enough so far to make up for their mistakes.

Giants is fucked..

"In five meetings since 1970, the Eagles are a perfect 5-0 against their NFC East. The Eagles have outscored the Giants by a total of 107 to 51 in that span, which averages out to 21.4 to 10.2 per game. In other words, the Eagles historically own New York on Monday night."

Line_HTX

Texans are the 11th seed!

Moving on up!

Last year it was the NFCS that was trash. This year it's the AFCS.

6-10 Division winner, Get!

Unless, of course lose at Lucas Oil, then it's a complete and total failure. Their O-Line is such frauds. Fuck them, they're getting lucky the past 3 games.

;P

That's true, at least the steelers have two WRs.

Draxal

Eh, I dunno. Not if the Giants run defense is as good as it is on paper. Leaving it all in Bradford's hands while he's down a WR doesn't seem super promising.

That said, if Fletcher Cox plays even remotely close to what he did last week we are going to see some Grade A Manning-face.

The defense is pretty bad especially without Kennard and Anukamara. Just not enough horses there.

They've led both CAR and CIN going into the 4Q. I don't think that is looking like shit. They have definitely failed to close, for sure. They are worse than years prior. But so is SF. STL maybe a little better. AZ couldn't beat Landry Jones and Mike Vick, lost to the Rams, and beat NOLA, CHI, and SF. I just don't see why AZ would go away and hide. AZ beats bad teams, and really beats them. So maybe that is enough in a down NFC.

And I think LJ is right about attention spans. A 4 yard run probably doesn't do as much for most of us as it used to.

Failing to close is how the descent always starts.

Does that actually sound like I'm giving Jones a ringing endorsement? He made 2 or 3 really good throws. He also hit AB in the foot on a 3 yard crosser.
I was more commentating on the general conversation, not really a response on yours. Also the steelers have a nice line too, and apparently a defense that can get turnovers. The Texans were lost without foster. Now they're lost, but might somehow maybe still be in it because the entire division is trash.

Line_HTX

I was more commentating on the general conversation, not really a response on yours. Also the steelers have a nice line too, and apparently a defense that can get turnovers. The Texans were lost without foster. Now they're lost, but might somehow maybe still be in it because the entire division is trash.

I don't know if I should be entertained that there's trash everywhere and not just here, haha

Top Bottom