• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 6 |OT| - I'm tired of waiting.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Look at these Browns defensive backs and their blanket coverage.

19001708-mmmain.jpg

squicken

Failing to close is how the descent always starts.

What I guess I would worry about w/SEA is that their effball offense worked okay when the defense gave up 17 ppg. But now that they need more points, I'm not sure Russ throwing prayer balls to Lockette or just running around and telling Jimmy to go deep is consistently reliable.

On the other hand, Eagles always seem to somehow play worse when other teams play backups

Something to watch for, and it is really is unknown, is Bradford in the cold. He doesn't have many games in chilly weather. He always looked bad late in the year at SEA, but so did everyone else. Only other games were ugly wins at BUF and CLE, where the weather made all the offenses even more Rams, Bills and Browns

tmdorsey

I still think the Cards can be legit, but they are only going as far as Palmer can take them. He can't be playing fuckball and just putting the ball up for grabs. That last INT was horrible.

The bolded is why I just can't get on the Cardinals bandwagon. Palmer is still Palmer and I just see a scenario where he's going to end up tossing an untimely interception and sink the Cards.

Bro that loss Thursday was abysmally bad.

I know you have your shtick, but you seriously don't think that game is indicative of the team as a whole?

It sucks that the titans season is pretty much over. Hoping now Mariotta isn't hurt really bad, gets good experience, and we get a decent draft pick.
Blew my mind when I found out Wisenhunt is 4-29 in his last 33 games. That is unreal. Dude has got to go.

Mariota played tough yesterday but he never really had a chance. That early hit seemed to rattle him and they were in his face all day from then on.

Crisco

Banned
The bolded is why I just can't get on the Cardinals bandwagon. Palmer is still Palmer and I just see a scenario where he's going to end up tossing an untimely interception and sink the Cards.

I know you have your shtick, but you seriously don't think that game is indicative of the team as a whole?

Falcons were definitely a team playing above their heads. Just not much talent outside of Julio Jones and the running backs. Offensive line is still a mess and there really isn't anyone of note on their defense. I'm more worried about the Saints making a run right now than the Falcons contending in January.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
calvin-johnson.jpg

Just throwing this out but what if we win 8 of our last 10 games and get that last wildcard spot? Anything is possible right? And most of our remaining schedule is at home.

The Eagles on Thanksgiving is an automatic W.

What I guess I would worry about w/SEA is that their effball offense worked okay when the defense gave up 17 ppg. But now that they need more points, I'm not sure Russ throwing prayer balls to Lockette or just running around and telling Jimmy to go deep is consistently reliable.

Seems so many players this year are at the crossroads, where they've hit the ceiling of where their play style will take them and will either change up and swim or double down and sink.

Frankly, I don't think Wilson can do it. He has never proven to be a good pocket passer and it's not realistic to expect to stay clean for the 5-6 seconds per play he needs to roll out of the pocket. That Graham trade just made no sense to me. He needs run blocking beef on the o-line not a finesse tight end.

My insights into this week is T. Bridgewater is not going to be an NFL QB for very long.
Funny narrative I've noticed from NFL writers (Around the NFL podcast is a good example):

1. Mike Wallace underperforms in Miami - Tannehill sucks
2. Mike Wallace underperforms in Minnesota - "he's just not the same guy!"

Funny narrative I've noticed from NFL writers (Around the NFL podcast is a good example):

1. Mike Wallace underperforms in Miami - Tannehill sucks
2. Mike Wallace underperforms in Minnesota - "he's just not the same guy!"

Wallace was in the first and second year of a mega contract extension in Miami, and Tannehill never got into a rhythm deep with him. Sorry breh but the onus was on Tanny there.

Wallace was in the first and second year of a mega contract extension in Miami, and Tannehill never got into a rhythm deep with him. Sorry breh but the onus was on Tanny there.
So now you decide to stand up for Wallace?

Wallace would have caught this out of bounds:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...hill-passes-deep-to-Kenny-Stills-for-43-yards

Tannehill also had a beautiful deep ball to Stills out of his own endzone yesterday. Not saying he's a great deep ball passer but Wallace never did a thing to help his QB out on deep balls.

Crisco

Banned
Just throwing this out but what if we win 8 of our last 10 games and get that last wildcard spot? Anything is possible right? And most of our remaining schedule is at home.

Why would you want the Lions to ruin their chance at a top pick, not to mention firing all their coaches?

j-wood

We need to strictly draft OL. We down to our 2nd, 3rd stringers already?

The problem is that we've done that, we've invested so much into the OL and gotten nothing. Lewan could be good if he's stop committing penalties every other play.

The biggest mistake with the OL is promoting Munchak to HC and losing him at that position. I think it's so underestimated how much a good coach affects a position. Look at Seattle's defense this year, case in point. Same players for the most part, but now they don't have quinn and you see stupid mistakes everywhere.

I do think Wisenhunt is going to have to go. His coaching style just does not appear to be working on these guys. His record is terrible.

Konka

Banned
calvin-johnson.jpg

Kas pls. This shitty lions team is going to bounce back and make the playoffs with a record that no team has ever made the playoffs with? Go back to sulking.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Sorry Mech Jr.
easy there sparky. I'm neither crazy, or a team deserter.

Debut of the Star Wars trailer TONIGHT at halftime!
Its amazing how much people care about this franchise. The last three movies all sucked major ass. The originals, while charming, have aged horribly and yet people are still jacked up and will line up to see this new movie.

And I think LJ is right about attention spans. A 4 yard run probably doesn't do as much for most of us as it used to.
Yea, given how fast this thread moves i'm amazed anyone that reads and posts in it on game day can claim to have any meaningful insight into any games. Between everyone trying to be funny, or schadenfrauding bad plays or bad players or good players making bad plays while simultaneously reading the thread and posting their own thoughts.

Damn, Tabris is younger than I thought he was.

So now you decide to stand up for Wallace?

Wallace would have caught this out of bounds:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...hill-passes-deep-to-Kenny-Stills-for-43-yards

Tannehill also had a beautiful deep ball to Stills out of his own endzone yesterday. Not saying he's a great deep ball passer but Wallace never did a thing to help his QB out on deep balls.

Wallace is what he is, but you've gotta be realistic. If the Dolphins just signed a guy known as a deep threat to a huge extenstion, and the QB can't reliably hit him deep, the QB's gonna be at fault. These Analysts don't watch the games, they repeat what the stats tell them. Why do you think it took three seasons for someone to suggest Wallace has "lost it"?

Wallace is what he is, but you've gotta be realistic. If the Dolphins just signed a guy known as a deep threat to a huge extenstion, and the QB can't reliably hit him deep, the QB's gonna be at fault. These Analysts don't watch the games, they repeat what the stats tell them. Why do you think it took three seasons for someone to suggest Wallace has "lost it"?

Tannehill was able to hit all his other long balls along the leagues average, it was only towards Wallace that it fell towards one of the worst long ball completions in the league.

We've been over this a thousand times. Wallace and Tannehill both deserve plenty of blame for a lack of deep ball production. Throw in Philbin, the o-line, and Lazor as well, all of which prevented more deep passes from happening.

Not sure what your point is. Mine is that maybe Teddy Bridgewater isn't leagues better than Tannehill at throwing deep balls.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
anyone seen a gif of D'Hopkins catching that ball on his helmet? Ridiculous catch. He's playing so well.

Line_HTX

Its amazing how much people care about this franchise. The last three movies all sucked major ass. The originals, while charming, have aged horribly and yet people are still jacked up and will line up to see this new movie.

I agree for the most part. But I'm not one of those people who worship Star Wars at the altar every hour. I really dislike those Star Wars and Star Trek mouth frothers. While I enjoyed the last movie with Cumberbatch as Khan, that's not and will not make me watch the TV show. Fuck that shit. I kind of enjoyed the Star Wars movies for what they were. I guess I'm just curious as to how this continuation will work.

I rewatched 4 many years later and my God, I fucking hated it. That movie was so boring it was just unwatchable and put me to sleep. They aged beyond shit, indeed.

jmdajr

anyone seen a gif of D'Hopkins catching that ball on his helmet? Ridiculous catch. He's playing so well.

Radio joked we gave up the whole draft that year just for him.

Really, he's the only player left! From that fucking draft.

edit:( maybe unfair since David and Griffin not playing....but still!)

Prequels sucked ass because of Lucas. Him giving up the franchise to someone else is the best thing to happen to the series since Empire.

Tannehill was able to hit all his other long balls along the leagues average, it was only towards Wallace that it fell towards one of the worst long ball completions in the league.

We've been over this a thousand times. Wallace and Tannehill both deserve plenty of blame for a lack of deep ball production. Throw in Philbin, the o-line, and Lazor as well, all of which prevented more deep passes from happening.

Not sure what your point is. Mine is that maybe Teddy Bridgewater isn't leagues better than Tannehill at throwing deep balls.

Thought I was pretty clear Brehs:

DeaconKnowledge said:
These analysts don't watch the games, they repeat what the stats tell them.

Top Bottom