• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 6 |OT| - I'm tired of waiting.

The team is seriously cursed. If it's not one thing, it's another. They just never seem to have all the pieces they need or they do have them and they just don't gel together at all. Sometimes it's players, sometimes it's coaches, sometimes it's both. But no matter what, you can always count on the Lions to find ways to lose.

It's always been the same problem: ownership. Old school corporate shit. Relationships over results. William Clay Ford Jr. had a father son relationship with Matt Millen to the point he extended him instead of firing him when everyone in the building wanted him gone. He had a very close relationship with Jim Schwartz too. BTW our head of scouting has been in the job since 1998. Jesus fuck...

Now his wife is in charge and I see no reason to believe she's any better. The son will take over eventually, and I trust him more. He wanted Millen gone ASAP but was overruled by his dad. But he's still a Ford.

If you want to fix this organization you have to purge everyone, starting with the front office and scouting staff. But that won't happen as long as the Fords own the team.

Can you hook me up with any discounts at Bloomingdales or Hugo Boss?

calvin-johnson.jpg

Just throwing this out but what if we win 8 of our last 10 games and get that last wildcard spot? Anything is possible right? And most of our remaining schedule is at home.

The Eagles on Thanksgiving is an automatic W.

My god you are so fucking stupid. How have the Lions fared against the Eagles recently?
Lions are a total fucking joke. They were lucky to beat the Bears at home. They really might not win another game this year. Eagles are going to wreck the Lions and when you find out the score after the game you will be very sad.

Spinluck

Holy shit @ PFT

C'mon Obama! Invite Pagano to the White House! rofl

I guess it makes it worse that he has the best Punter in the league who would've likely kicked the Pats inside the 10 from that spot of the field.

Pats would've had to go the length of the field to put it away. Then you get the ball back and stop running all together. I feel like 70% of the coaches in the league somehow win this game.

PagaNOOOOO!!!! Indeed.

Bitanator

Go eagles! the only thing scarier than the birds being in first in the division, is the giants on a winning streak. Dallas needs them to lose

I hate myself for cheering on a team I hate

tmdorsey

What schtick?

Yeah I melted down some but I just don't see how you can watch that game and then say "ahh well, we're 5-1, I thought we'd be shittier" and be content. They looked awful in all phases and we really could be 1-5 just as easily. Although I guess you'd be content with 1-5 too and call it rebuilding.

And yea I think it's the team's trademark.
No pass rush, middle of the field wide open for big gains making TEs look hall of fame, and plentiful 3 and outs on offense.
It's been indicative of the team for years

Looked awful in all phases? Despite the turnovers, the offense was moving the ball up and down the field particularly when running the ball. I don't play that coulda/woulda/shoulda game. Last season we were in alot of games till the end and could have easily won a few that we ended up losing. The whole "plenty 3 and outs on offense" is what I'm talking about in regards to schtick. This season the team is second in the league in TOP, how does that equate to a bunch of 3 and outs?

I'm just don't understand the whole "this team is trash" attitude after one away lost on a Thursday night to a division rival.

The Golden State Warriors were cursed once upon a time.

I didn't say anything about cursed. Bad ownership trickles down. That's why the W's sucked in the past. I didn't question your loyalty, just stating that I have no remorse for a franchise (but not its fans) that wasted a generational talent like Barry. If the Lions couldn't construct a team to chip, they should've let him go elsewhere. Barry was my favorite non-49ers player as a kid and I loved watching him just straight up make defensive players look foolish.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
My god you are so fucking stupid. How have the Lions fared against the Eagles recently?
Lions are a total fucking joke. They were lucky to beat the Bears at home. They really might not win another game this year. Eagles are going to wreck the Lions and when you find out the score after the game you will be very sad.

WE ARE GOING TO BTFO THE EAGLES AND YOUR NOODLE ARMED QB ON THANKSGIVING DAY IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE COUNTRY

QUOTE ME ON THIS

CHIP KELLY AND HIS MEME OFFENSE ARE GONE AFTER THIS SEASON.

YOU KNOW IT AND I KNOW IT

Konka

Banned
Looked awful in all phases? Despite the turnovers, the offense was moving the ball up and down the field particularly when running the ball. I don't play that coulda/woulda/shoulda game. Last season we were in alot of games till the end and could have easily won a few that we ended up losing. The whole "plenty 3 and outs on offense" is what I'm talking about in regards to schtick. This season the team is second in the league in TOP, how does that equate to a bunch of 3 and outs?

I'm just don't understand the whole "this team is trash" attitude after one away lost on a Thursday night to a division rival.

Eh, I mean they probably should have lost to the Eagles and Giants as well. Had the Eagles a.) Decided to play the first half of the game b.) Had a competent kicker c.) All of the above.

WE ARE GOING TO BTFO THE EAGLES AND YOUR NOODLE ARMED QB ON THANKSGIVING DAY IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE COUNTRY

QUOTE ME ON THIS

image.php

If he plays next week I wonder how he is going to play with the other team preparing to play him.

I don't anticipate good things.

Thank God we have one of the best backs in the league. Even with garbage time qb's we always have a shot with Bell back there.

If Landry starts its going to be a great matchup with small hands.

I think all Landry needs is some play action. Let Bell do the work - it'll be easier without 9 and 10 man boxes every play like with Vick.

Chiefs have no offense. Landry doesn't turn the ball over and we have a good chance to win.

Villanueva is a wild card. First start and hit opponents are Houston and Hali. Cripes.

tmdorsey

Eh, I mean they probably should have lost to the Eagles and Giants as well. Had the Eagles a.) Decided to play the first half of the game b.) Had a competent kicker c.) All of the above.

This is the NFL. How many teams you know win each and every game cleanly without the benefit of the other team not making mistakes or not playing well?

QUOTE ME ON THIS

One of the 2 coaches in that game will be gone at the end of the season. :)

Hey Yankee, I'm rooting for you.

How could anyone not. Kas is such an ass, watching the Lions go 1-15 is going to be amazing.

zychi

Banned
ayyyyyy

fuck this kid. and fuck his parents for letting him be a Broncos fan. That shit is like being a Red Sox fan living in the Bronx. Fuckouttahere. I don't give a fuck how much he likes Peyton.

Thinking about calling protective services. The neglect is clear.
ohio.jpg

His body may be stuck in Ohio, but at least he's smart enough to like things from outside of Ohio

Top Bottom