• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 6 |OT| - I'm tired of waiting.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
So you're just bitching then. Gotcha.

Is JJ Abrams not directing/major role for the new star wars? If so, no i'm not bitching, the first Star Trek movie he did was good, slightly above average, the second one was bad. And yea he likes his lens flare a little too much, irrespective of what movie he's directing.

Is JJ Abrams not directing/major role for the new star wars? If so, no i'm not bitching, the first Star Trek movie he did was good, slightly above average, the second one was bad. And yea he likes his lens flare a little too much, irrespective of what movie he's directing.

That's nice. You opined as to why people are excited about Star Wars when it has sucked for so long, I gave you a reason. Your opinion on Abrams directing style is irrelevant to that part of the conversation.

RELAYER

Banned
I know you have your shtick, but you seriously don't think that game is indicative of the team as a whole?

What schtick?

Yeah I melted down some but I just don't see how you can watch that game and then say "ahh well, we're 5-1, I thought we'd be shittier" and be content. They looked awful in all phases and we really could be 1-5 just as easily. Although I guess you'd be content with 1-5 too and call it rebuilding.

And yea I think it's the team's trademark.
No pass rush, middle of the field wide open for big gains making TEs look hall of fame, and plentiful 3 and outs on offense.
It's been indicative of the team for years

captive

That's nice. You opined as to why people are excited about Star Wars when it has sucked for so long, I gave you a reason. Your opinion on Abrams directing style is irrelevant to that part of the conversation.

why is it irrelevant, he is directing the new star wars correct? If so I stand by my statement, not sure why people are so excited. What has JJ shown that says, hmm I should be super excited about this new Star Wars because he's directing it?

So you're saying the QB is wrongly at fault in the mind of analysts. In that case I'm with you, although I think we both agree that Tannehill is partly to blame as well.

Pretty much. You know more about your team than any analyst, as you watch all of their games.

Personally I stopped watching them. Never received any information that I didn't already know about with some cursory checks on message boards or with beat writers.

why is it irrelevant, he is directing the new star wars correct? If so I stand by my statement, not sure why people are so excited. What has JJ shown that says, hmm I should be super excited about this new Star Wars because he's directing it?

Mediocre JJ Abrams is light years ahead of George Lucas, that's why. It's Star Wars, not Citizen Kane.

Look how much the shitty prequels raked in. People STILL defend them to this day. Not George Lucas directing is a massive upgrade.

Pepiope

The Eagles on Thanksgiving is an automatic W.
image.php

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Pack fans are funny.

Unironically say things like receivers don't matter then are surprised when Rodgers has a bad game.

It's all relative. A few of our "good" receivers wouldn't be able to carry a bad QB on another team like a Megatron or something like that. Rodgers brings out the best in these guys.

Unless you really believe that we just knock it out of the park with receivers time and time again!

I honestly like the new Star Trek movies better than anything else in that franchise. It feels like Star Trek has a budget unlike previous movies. I walked away from those films wanting more and excited about future installments so if Star Wars can do that, then I'm good.

Pretty much. You know more about your team than any analyst, as you watch all of their games.

Personally I stopped watching them. Never received any information that I didn't already know about with some cursory checks on message boards or with beat writers.
10-19-15

1:44 PM

"That one time Deacon agreed with me"

It's all relative. A few of our "good" receivers wouldn't be able to carry a bad QB on another team like a Megatron or something like that. Rodgers brings out the best in these guys.

Unless you really believe that we just knock it out of the park with receivers time and time again!

I'll have to bookmark this post the next time a Packers fan gets uppity about how Rodgers makes the need for quality at any other position irrelevant. I suspect it'll get a lot of use!

captive

think its pretty clear, you took my statement of "why are people excited about this franchise" out of context, good one too, to turn it around on the Texans. If people did what I'm saying about Star Wars they would stop watching sport when their teams suck, if every fan of every team stopped watching when their team sucks the team/league wouldn't make money, ergo only teams that win would exist or the whole sport would implode.

eznark

Banned
think its pretty clear, you took my statement of "why are people excited about this franchise" out of context, good one too, to turn it around on the Texans. If people did what I'm saying about Star Wars they would stop watching sport when their teams suck, if every fan of every team stopped watching when their team sucks the team/league wouldn't make money, ergo only teams that win would exist or the whole sport would implode.

You are baffled by why people like Star Wars.

I am baffled by people liking the Texans.

People still watch both. What are you going on about?

Bread

Banned
you are a crazy person

Normally I'd feel bad for a team that goes through losing the way the Lions do but I will never forgive this franchise for the way they wasted Barry Sanders' career. Makes me sad that Barry never Lombardi'd

The team is seriously cursed. If it's not one thing, it's another. They just never seem to have all the pieces they need or they do have them and they just don't gel together at all. Sometimes it's players, sometimes it's coaches, sometimes it's both. But no matter what, you can always count on the Lions to find ways to lose.

bionic77

Its amazing how much people care about this franchise. The last three movies all sucked major ass. The originals, while charming, have aged horribly and yet people are still jacked up and will line up to see this new movie.
You can only care about something if you are capable of love and have a heart.

These things will forever be beyond your understanding.

Now tell us what movies you love so we can all take a giant dump on your tastes.

Konka

Banned
You can only care about something if you are capable of love and have a heart.

These things will forever be beyond your understanding.

Now tell us what movies you love so we can all take a giant dump on your tastes.

I'm not generally that big of a Star Wars fan, but then I saw this and it changed my opinion.

tim-tebow-jedi-star-wars.jpg

Normally I'd feel bad for a team that goes through losing the way the Lions do but I will never forgive this franchise for the way they wasted Barry Sanders' career. Makes me sad that Barry never Lombardi'd
Texans are about to waste not one, but two generational talents back-to-back. That's getting pretty close to it.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

96oeVId.gif

The Golden State Warriors were cursed once upon a time.

Did you give up hah

Did you stop fighting hah

ja07PM3.gif

methodman

Banned
Konka don't do that to me.

My hype is already at unsafe levels.

This is pushing me into the danger zone!

anyone else gonna try to watch 1-6 over a weekend before 7 comes out?

we gonna watch 1-2 on friday night (probably getting drunk because those movies are ass), then 3-6 on Saturday. super hyped

When was the last time Miami scored 38 points? And Miller actually rushed for more than 30 yards? Wake had four sacks? Seriously, I know it's one game, but I hope this momentum keeps up.

Fuck Philbin that awful, awful coach.

j-wood

When was the last time Miami scored 38 points? And Miller actually rushed for more than 30 yards? Wake had four sacks? Seriously, I know it's one game, but I hope this momentum keeps up.

You played the Titans, otherwise known as the cure all team. Not knocking the dolphins, but we are the team that gave the colts their only win the season before the got luck, and the jags their first win of the season.

eznark

Banned

Miami scored 33, 38, 37, 36, and 37 way back in 2014.

Can't remember who was coaching though.

DMczaf

Holy shit @ PFT

C'mon Obama! Invite Pagano to the White House! rofl

Pagano, on the other hand keeps finding new and more enterataining ways to lose games. Whether its deactivating superstar RB Trent Richardson, or basically Trojan Horsing yourself with Swinging Gate-Gate, Pagano is the real mad sciencist, and it is precisely because of his attempts and failures that future generations of football coaches will learn exactly what not to do. See, Bill Belichick is a taker, and Pagano is a giver.

FREE TRENTTRUCK!

Top Bottom