• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 6 |OT| - I'm tired of waiting.

Line_HTX

Stealing from that Broncos fan jello44 again...

CRU5_hTWgAAUNKa.png:large

Oh well, the playoff run had to end sometime. Better luck next time.

Your against my Jags so....50/50 shot. It will be less on how shitty your team is, and more on what levelly of shitiness my Jags will decide to play this Sunday.

It'll be a chill early afternoon fuckball with lots of fuckery. I'm gonna sit back, relax, and laugh at this shit.

Maybe on Sundays but not on a Thursday. Well So Cal viewers may have NFL as a third option tomorrow. Doyers and UCLA playing tomorrow
Even on Thursdays.

Maybe the NFL with finish 3rd... in LA.

Maybe.

(this is not to say I think an awful TNF game is actually better than the MLB playoffs. But the NFL is a ratings juggernaut)

squicken

Even on Thursdays.

Maybe the NFL with finish 3rd... in LA.

Maybe.

(this is not to say I think an awful TNF game is actually better than the MLB playoffs. But the NFL is a ratings juggernaut)

Baseball has really ceased to be a national sport. People don't watch out of market teams like they will for the NFL

MechDX

mech, I am proud of you. You owe the Texans nothing. Not supporting them until they demonstrate competency isn't being a bad fan

But squickening is being a team switcher, in addition to not suffering moronic front offices. What it isn't is being a front-runner. I've never cheered for a team that was already a playoff team. But since you married a Pats fan I think you have a right to switch over

I root for Tom.

I hope the Texans win. Don't you guys?

hennelol2.gif

Beach

Didn't the Texans vs Hasslebald game have 15 million viewers? MLB is not touching that.

And that's fine. The worst is as a MLS and NHL fan is when fellow fans try to make it seem like the sports are doing amazing ratings when they are just doing so-so.

Baseball has really ceased to be a national sport. People don't watch out of market teams like they will for the NFL

NFL is perfect for mass consumption. 16 games a season. 16!

I love baseball, I watched 90 games this year. Think the average fan is going to watch 90 out of market baseball games?

Line_HTX

Doubtful, since the stakes don't rise until the final month. Why bother wasting time when you can get caught up to speed instantly as opposed to every game in the NFL is super important.

zychi

Banned
Doubtful, since the stakes don't rise until the final month. Why bother wasting time when you can get caught up to speed instantly as opposed to every game in the NFL is super important.

Who did the Vikings play week 1, and what was the record of their division that week?

The first half of the nfl season means jack besides keeping your team healthy.

The Bears are garbage, and are currently a wild card team.

Line_HTX

Who did the Vikings play week 1, and what was the record of their division that week?

Okay! The first 4 aren't as important.

Gosh!

The cowboys have lost 3 of their first 5 games but hold a divisional lead over both Philly and the Giants with their 2 wins, every game matters.

Did you tap that ass yet?

Saturday friend!

zychi

Banned
The cowboys have lost 3 of their first 5 games but hold a divisional lead over both Philly and the Giants with their 2 wins, every game matters.

Saturday friend!

No. You're proving my point. The Cowboys, without Romo or Dez, have a chance to still win the division when Romo gets back in Week 11.

That shows the first half the season means jack

squicken

Or

The AFCE, AFCW, and NFCN are all clinched 5 weeks in. And you could argue the NFCW, AFCS and AFCN are very close to clinched

cdyhybrid

No. You're proving my point. The Cowboys, without Romo or Dez, have a chance to still win the division when Romo gets back in Week 11.

No, it just shows that the teams are fairly even with their current playing rosters.

If the games didn't matter then the NFCN would still be in question.

Uh no because the first two games were divisional, if they lose those they are stuck chasing a wild card which is much harder. That's why they put divisional games in the first few weeks, to make them matter more. Miami for instance lost it's two divisional games, not only are we behind with the rest of the league but we're dead last in our own division already. That changes completely if we win the two divisional but lose all the others like Dallas, so they are still important. You can isolate a single game and say it wasn't important at the end of the season (like Miami's win against the redskins) but divisional wins and losses always matter and to further my point, remember the infamous fail mary? GB lost that game early in the season and when it came time for playoff seeding:

Ultimately, the Packers went on to win the NFC North division title with an 11–5 win–loss record, but finished with the third playoff seed behind the second-seeded 11–4–1 NFC West champion San Francisco 49ers, and thus Green Bay's record had them play in the Wild Card Round. The Seahawks ended up with an 11–5 record and the fifth seed, ahead of the sixth-seeded 10–6 Minnesota Vikings; even if Seattle had not beaten Green Bay, they would have still been the fifth seed at 10–6 because they held the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Vikings. Had the call been made in Green Bay's favor, the Packers would have finished 12-4 on the regular season and they would hold a 1st round bye while leaving San Francisco to host Minnesota in the Wild Card round. As it was, both Green Bay and Seattle eventually were eliminated in the Divisional Playoff Round.

In football, all games matter.

Line_HTX

No one understands formula 1 in america. You'd lose viewership

You're a buzzkill.

No one? Then how come there's an official circuit up in Austin, TX for the USGP?

Those that would leave cuz they don't understand have shit tastes because they care about "Postseason NASCAR Chase" or som shite.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You're a buzzkill.

No one? Then how come there's an official circuit up in Austin, TX for the USGP?

Those that would leave cuz they don't understand have shit tastes because they care about "Postseason NASCAR Chase" or som shite.

America's National Mens Soccer Team just played what amounted to a road game in the USA and that's supposed to be a sport on the rise. We just don't care about anything besides Football, Basketball, and Baseball. Yes, that includes Hockey.

zychi

Banned
You're a buzzkill.

I like Formula 1, I understand the standings and scoring. I'm not as a big of a fan as I am the 4 major US sports, or even futbol. Americans dont care about it. It's that simple.

Uh no because the first two games were divisional, if they lose those they are stuck chasing a wild card which is much harder. That's why they put divisional games in the first few weeks, to make them matter more. Miami for instance lost it's two divisional games, not only are we behind with the rest of the league but we're dead last in our own division already. That changes completely if we win the two divisional but lose all the others like Dallas, so they are still important. You can isolate a single game and say it wasn't important at the end of the season (like Miami's win against the redskins) but divisional wins and losses always matter and to further my point, remember the infamous fail mary? GB lost that game early in the season and when it came time for playoff seeding:

In football, all games matter.
The division games that are scheduled at the end of the year, every year, argue against that.

I like Formula 1, I understand the standings and scoring. I'm not as a big of a fan as I am the 4 major US sports, or even futbol. Americans dont care about it. It's that simple.

The division games that are scheduled at the end of the year, every year, argue against that.

Umm not really? Sea vs GB wasn't divisional....and it still mattered.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Umm not really? Sea vs GB wasn't divisional....and it still mattered.

Seattle could easily go 5-11 or so this year. What a difference a year makes. Hey, at least they have a once in a lifetime talent as their QB! Plus look at all these converted skill position players as OL! Nothing there can bite them in the ass!

cdyhybrid

Seattle could easily go 5-11 or so this year. What a difference a year makes. Hey, at least they have a once in a lifetime talent as their QB! Plus look at all these converted skill position players as OL! Nothing there can bite them in the ass!

Wut. They have one former TE. The rest are OL or converted DL.

Order of importance for football games:

Divisional
Conference
Cross Conference

When they take place doesn't matter.
Yeah? Because they played detroit in their final game of the season.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20141...gameinfo|contentId:0ap3000000451036&tab=recap

NFC south is even more proof the beginning of the season means squat. Go 7-9? Make the playoffs

But what do you have to do to make the playoffs at 7-9? Win division...and how do you do that? Win divisional games....and when are divisional games? Between weeks 1 and 17....so what weeks are important...?

Trey

Seatlle will make the playoffs.

Team A: Wins their first 8 and loses their last 8
Team B: Loses their first 8, wins their last 8

Who finishes with a better record?

Hmm so what you're saying is you would need a way to break a tie....like maybe using your divisional record...but what if you split..? Maybe common opponents? Hmm but that would mean every game matters....that's crazy!

Line_HTX

This division gon' get decided by the last resort tiebreaker and shiittt...

And it's gonns be fuuny, cuz the colts'll win that last resort breaker!!

Shietgt

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
My good deed of the day. Here is a picture for Milch (stop acting like you ain't lurking beeyotch) and Dutch to frame above their bed.

new-england-patriots-v-dallas-cowboys.jpg

Top Bottom