• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 6 |OT| - I'm tired of waiting.

Wrayfield

Cofy

52069-pouring-coffee-gif-QwGo.gif

First sensible post from you in a while.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Prince partially torn pec.

This will be a test for Spags and his system. I was very vocal about how I didn't want him back and that I thought that he was made to look better due to the damn near HOF DL he had during his previous tenure here but the D has done well. Having two all-pro corners takes a lot of pressure off of the rest of the team.

Edit: FU Future.

RELAYER

Banned
Cajuns Twitter is scary but I check up on him from time to time

I guess I want the Saints to win tonight? I'm not really worried about the Falcons yet

Probably.
I mean the NFC this year is basically just the Falcons and Packers playing for home-field during the Championship game.

Draxal

Prince partially torn pec.

This will be a test for Spags and his system. I was very vocal about how I didn't want him back and that I thought that he was made to look better due to the damn near HOF DL he had during his previous tenure here but the D has done well. Having two all-pro corners takes a lot of pressure off of the rest of the team.

Edit: FU Future.

A HOF DL that Sheridan and Tim Lewis did jack shit with, and you know him resurrecting Corey Webster's career.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
A HOF DL that Sheridan and Tim Lewis did jack shit with, and you know him resurrecting Corey Webster's career.

Sheridan and Perry Fewell did not have Michael Strahan, who was the actual HOFer in the group. Once his leadership and experience left the group, it tanked big time as far as actual production versus the talent that was on the line. Tim Lewis was just fucking awful. Thanks tho.

Corey Webster was a man up bump and run CB coming out of LSU, when Spags came on board it was the first time he was able to play his style. Sheridan, Lewis, and Fewell were all zone oriented.

Draxal

Sheridan and Perry Fewell did not have Michael Strahan, who was the actual HOFer in the group. Once his leadership and experience left the group, it tanked big time as far as actual production versus the talent that was on the line. Tim Lewis was just fucking awful. Thanks tho.

Corey Webster was a man up bump and run CB coming out of LSU, when Spags came on board it was the first time he was able to play his style. Sheridan, Lewis, and Fewell were all zone oriented.

I left out Fewell in that line for a reason, Strahan was really good at the end, but he was an old man coming off a lis franc and not in his prime, but the depth of that line was really strong as it was in the Lewis and Sheridan era, Fewell didn't have that depth although his lines were much better than what we have now.

edit. Giants had the 5th best defense in 2008 without Strahan as well iirc.

Aside from the injury, how has he been playing?

He's been playing well. He's not an elite corner but he's a very good one. Especially when asked to play press/man though he's not out of his element playing zone when he needs to. The other part of his game that doesn't get enough mention is that he's physical as hell. No issue with getting into the mix hitting/tackling unlike DRC who's a bit more apt to make "business decisions".

It's tough sledding being a DB on this team though. You have to cover for 6 seconds ever pass play.

squicken

Tom VanHaaren @TomVH
stat from @ESPNStatsInfo, a win on Saturday & Jim Harbaugh would tie Brady Hoke in wins (3) over AP-ranked opponents. Hoke lost last 9 of 10

Damn that dude can coach. Some NFL team should snatch him up

Draxal

Damn that dude can coach. Some NFL team should snatch him up

2 things.

1. Michigan had talent ... Brady Hoke can't coach but he could recruit.

2. I think he's a much better fit for the college game like Saban, he has complete control down there, which he doesn't in the NFL.

squicken

2 things.

1. Michigan had talent ... Brady Hoke can't coach but he could recruit.

2. I think he's a much better fit for the college game like Saban, he has complete control down there, which he doesn't in the NFL.

He may be a better fit for college, but

-Kyle Williams punt debacle from reaching a SB w/Alex Smith
-Colin Kaepernick delay of game from winning SB w/CK
-Legion of Boom tip drill from returning to SB w/CK

Pretty good fit for the NFL, too

Since we're talking specifically about Spags here - '08 fielded a top 5 defense that ran out of gas at the end of the year due lack of depth on the defensive line - not a lack of Strahan's leadership issue as much as just a lack of Strahan in general. Lest we forget that we also lost Osi in the preseason before the Giants even played a meaningful game. Kiwi as a full time starter put up the best numbers of his career from a sack perspective and Tuck continued being an elite two way pass rusher coming off of his Super Bowl performance. The Giants were ranked #6 in the pass rush department that season by the way. 9th against the run allowing 95.8 YPG that season allowing 3.8 YPC.

'09 saw Jerry Reese go shopping for DL/LB in free agency which is when we brought in Chris Canty and Michael Boley among others and made the awful decision of moving Bill Sheridan in as the defensive coordinator.

Moving past Spags though and onto Fewell - in his first season (2010) the Giants were #5 in the sacks department in the league. They were 8th against the run allowing a little over 100 yards a game (4.2 YPC).

In 2011 (our Super Bowl year), the Giants were #3 in the league in the sacks department and middle of the road (14th) against the run (121 YPG, 4.5YPC).

I suppose I'm asking you to qualify the statement in bold. The numbers don't prove that out. If anything it proves that as the established "HOF talent" on the defensive line got older, broke down or just moved on, production by 2012 had fallen off of a cliff. It further highlights how bad the Giants were drafting from 2009-2012 as well.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think everything on that plate is cold.

Which is weird to me. Seems like it should be thrown into the oven for like 5-10 minutes or something.

I'm not sure if its meant to be a "salad" or fuck it, lets just called this type of garbage "Spinfuck".

Looks like he had some shit in the fridge and decided to throw it all together. I think Spinfuck is a verb at this point.

Usage: "I didn't really have anything that went together but I didn't want to go to the grocery store so I spinfucked a bunch of food together."

Anyone remember that lasagna he posted that one day?

I remember a pile of vomit that he claimed was lasagna.

squicken

Teams routinely alert the league office to different shenanigans prior to or after games. It was quite a different situation when Colts equipment personnel used a pressure gauge on the sideline to measure a Patriots ball, then ratted out New England to a game official and other NFL personnel. Then things really went off a cliff when someone, in direct violation of league protocols, leaked word to Indianapolis columnist Bob Kravitz that the league was looking into the matter.

And that is how the entire saga was born. Right on the Colts’ sideline.

Everyone in the Patriots’ organization knows this, and this game has been circled for months. A reckoning is coming on Sunday night.
http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/10/15/nfl-week-6-blanket-coverage-patriots-colts-deflategate-tom-brady

Top Bottom