• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 6 |OT| - I'm tired of waiting.

BigAT

Kave is getting fat.

tUOfjDK.gif

Just read that fan shot in the neck in the parking lot of Cowboys Stadium has died..I know the news 24 hours old, but shit is fucked up when you can't go to a game and watch the team you root for without idiots taking it too far, Last week after game 1 of the Mets/Dodgers, LA fans assaulted a Met fan, they need to start limiting the amount of beer a person can purchase at these games..

BigAT

Jaws just said that Andy Dalton is the MVP of the league.

ESPN officially jumped the shark.

Sorry, that happened years and years ago. Hell, it's not even the stupidest thing Jaworski has ever said:

"I truly believe Colin Kaepernick could be one of the greatest quarterbacks ever," Jaworski said Wednesday on ESPN.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Good morning everyone and gata.

Falcons losing to a division rival doesn't mean shit as much as I enjoy watching the Falcons bus crash every season. Those games are always tough.

Unless its the Packers and Bears because Cutler is our best player.

Oh and zychi I'm not offended when you say the Packers suck. Even Lions fans try to pull that shit. Honestly don't feel the need to ever defend Green Bay unless people spout factually incorrect shit.

Falcons losing to a division rival doesn't mean shit as much as I enjoy watching the Falcons bus crash every season. Those games are always tough.

Oh and zychi I'm not offended when you say the Packers suck. Even Lions fans try to pull that shit. Honestly don't feel the need to ever defend Green Bay unless people spout factually incorrect shit.
fRRDtlY.gif

they suck
:p /s

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

No, Lions fans do not pull that. I haven't seen any Lions fans, myself included, mention that. The Packers along with the Patriots are as of today, head and shoulders, the two best teams in the NFL.

I still think we can split the series this year 1-1 but that's because of the usual, Any Given Sunday, divisional rival games. Our Super Bowl this year will be beating the Packers, at Green Bay, for the first time in 25 years or so.

Had a conversation with a Chargers fan at work today. We talked about Week 1 and he's like "Man, I don't know what's up with your team. You have Stafford, who I think is a good QB, you have Megatron, you drafted that one running back..."

"Ameer Abdullah from Nebraska", I quickly replied

"What's the deal with your team?", he asked.

"I don't know..." I replied "I really don't, sometimes I think we're the cursed franchise of the NFL."

A lot (IMO most) come down to the offensive line and the running game. You can blame Stafford all day but he's working with the playbook he's got. And when you running game is the worst in the league that's not a lot to work with.

I don't have the stats on me, but when Scott Linehan was here, the Lions had a Top 5 offensive line in 2013, his last season.

Larry Warford was PFF Offensive Rookie of the Year over Eddy Lacy and Keenan Allen.

Granted Larry Warford has been mostly hurt this year, but something Scott Linehan was doing with the playcalling lead to overall success of the offensive line.

That offensive line success has gone with Scott Linehan to Dallas where they've been one best units the last two years. That's not a coincidence.

Either way, I hope spoiled Lions fans don't throw our gun slinging 27 year old under the bus. Seems like it's 55/45 in terms of support for Stafford but one thing is clear, IMO, the playcalling and coaching staff have not put him, and therefore the team, in positions to win.

You can't run 7 step drop, play action calls, if your QB has 3 seconds to throw the ball. We did not have these problems under Scott Linehan.

Hunter S.

He's the new Peyton Manning, regular season God, Post season Fraud...

Peyton has won playoff games. Dalton has won zero.

This is about as intelligent as calling the intelligence the same for Albert Einstein and George W Bush. Or saying no ass and tits is as good as a super curvy sex goddess.

Glad to see Kas hasn't abandoned Stafford. Kas not supporting staff just wouldn't feel right. It should be against the law for him to leave Stafford.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I have been quick to blame Stafford for a lot of bad plays this year, but the new article at MMQB has me rethinking that criticism a bit.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/16/matthew-stafford-struggles-2015-nfl-offensive-line-calvin-johnson

Lombardi brought with him a scheme that featured much more underneath passing than Stafford was used to and, like most quarterbacks, Stafford has issues with pressure. Between 2011 and 2014 he averaged a QB rating of 94 without pressure and 63 under duress. You can use our grades to take out the influence of his receivers and, for the same period, know he averaged +16.5 when kept clean, and 3.9 with defenders in his face.

Initially he held it together and managed a QB rating of 102.5 through two weeks when kept clean, but then the other type of pressure took a hold. The pressure of having to throw 73% of the time because of the inept running game and being behind so much, the pressure of losing, the pressure of simply being the quarterback on a 0-3 team in the NFL and even that last vestige of stability disappeared.

And Coach Caldwell had the nerve to bench him. Get rid of the whole coaching staff. Try to get Sean Payton, but if you can't go with a whole nother coaching staff. Promise Terly Austin to HC or see who else is available.

The fact that Coach Caldwell has stuck with Lombardi's playbook, yet benched our QB, is reason enough to fire him at this point. Especially if we lose to the Bears at home and go 0-6.

Don't stick with this coaching staff, back up your Quarterback like San Diego did for Rivers, like Dallas did for Romo or like Cincinnati did for Dalton.

Go through a list of QBs drafted from Rounds 1-2 since 2009 and tell which had had more success or is more physically gifted than Matthew Stafford. The only QB where the argument could be potentially made would be with Cam Newton and Andrew Luck.

Derek Carr, Teddy Bridgewater, Blake Bortles, Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, RGIII, Brandon Weeden etc. the list goes are not has physically gifted as Stafford nor will they ever come close to the numbers Stafford put up in 2011, leading the Lions to their first playoff berth in over a decade.

MRSA

Banned
kas is neither for or against Fatford, he said he's okay with moving on from him.

Any of you degenerates with a 3DS want a Triforce Heroes demo code?

NFL reprimands referees who made batted ball, running clock calls on MNF

Side judge Rob Vernatchi has been benched for one week, while back judge Greg Wilson was moved to a lower-profile game for Week 6. The news was first reported by Pro Football Talk. Vernatchi was responsible for ensuring accuracy of the game clock last Monday during the Pittsburgh Steelers' 24-20 victory over the San Diego Chargers.

Wilson missed an illegal bat penalty Oct. 5 in the fourth quarter of the Seattle Seahawks' 13-10 victory over the Detroit Lions...Wilson will not work with referee Tony Corrente in Sunday night's nationally televised game between the New England Patriots and Indianapolis Colts.

Instead, Wilson will work with Jeff Triplette's crew in Sunday afternoon's game between the Miami Dolphins and Tennessee Titans.

Zeke

Forbes has a list of the 5 most underpaid players on the cowboys.
1. Witten 6.1 mil
2. Beasley 2.0 mil
3. Williams 779,868
4. Lee 5.5 mil
5. Randle 632,220
Outside of Witten the list is pretty laugh worthy. You could possibly make an argument with Lee too but him not being able to finish a season hurts his value. Those two aside none of those guys have played like they worth more than their current pay.

Draxal

Top Bottom