• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 6 |OT| - I'm tired of waiting.

MechDX

Don't be hateful mech! On a side note I really wish Houston would have been able to keep the Oilers history so much better than Texans.
https://youtu.be/A9bzeWPvL2c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I6PNzFvbQ8

Funny when you think about it: after that historical playoff loss football in Houston basically started a downward spiral they have never recovered from.

Adams disassembled that Oilers team
Attendance dropped because of shitty teams
Adams tried to blackmail the city for a new stadium
Oilers left
Texans came in only after LA was awarded the 32nd franchise twice but couldn't get its shit together
Texans toiled for 9 years
Finally made playoffs in 2011/2012 and only beat the Dalton lead Bengals

The curse of Frank Reich.

Solution: fire O'Brien and hire Reich as HC

Malalaw

I remember yesterday, the smell of burning crotch in the air as my Saints led by Drew Brees and Ben Watson took the undefeated Falcons to their first loss of the season :') what a game right guys?

I'm still fucking pissed that the defense couldn't play that way from the beginning of the year, but c'est la vie.

I remember yesterday, the smell of burning crotch in the air as my Saints led by Drew Brees and Ben Watson took the undefeated Falcons to their first loss of the season :') what a game right guys?

I'm still fucking pissed that the defense couldn't play that way from the beginning of the year, but c'est la vie.

Well Matt Ryan is no Sam Bradford. Just be thankful that the Saints only had to face the Eagles once this year.

Spinluck

No they didn't. How did they expose the Patriots as cheaters?

Hilarious coming from a Steelers fan but whether balls were deflated or not, Andrew Luck had a garbage game and could not throw a inflated or deflated football properly. Tom Brady could.

Luck: 20/41, 331 Yards, 2 TDs, 4 INTs

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=340111017

Andrew Luck, having his usual garbage playoff game, threw 4 INTs and suddenly the Patriots are cheating?

Put your fanboy bias aside for a second, Andrew Luck played horrible and the Colts got their asses kicked.

No member of the Patriots organization forces Andrew Luck too throw at below 50% completion and 4 INTs.

He never said they did good

But we all know this your outlet for compensating for the fact that Stafford is shit and couldn't carry your franchise no matter what talent he had around him.

3-3 in the post season is still better than no playoff wins. Ya biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!!!

Malalaw

Well Matt Ryan is no Sam Bradford. Just be thankful that the Saints only had to face the Eagles once this year.

I went into that game expecting the Eagles to finally get it together. You see, you gotta set yourself up for the heartbreak so you torture yourself after all is said and done.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Not much of a sweet tooth. Which is weird considering my mom made and decorated cakes for a long time and taught me how.

Pineapple upside down cake is the best.

Don't drink, don't like sweets, don't like onions.

How do you live?

I went into that game expecting the Eagles to finally get it together. You see, you gotta set yourself up for the heartbreak so you torture yourself after all is said and done.

I was really surprised by the Saints gameplan against the Eagles. The Eagles OL, and the guards especially, had been terrible going into that game. I really expected the Saints to do a ton of A gap blitzes, but they never did. I think if Rob Ryan had it to do again they would have been way more aggressive.

I don't know what the big mystery is with Stafford, seems pretty obvious to me. 7 years later he's basically the same big dumb arm that came out of Georgia. You can't fix accuracy or make someone more intelligent. That doesn't mean you can't win with him, but you also can't rely on him to make the right decision or an accurate throw every single down. He also lacks the nerve to make big plays late in close games when the pass rush is on. That's what separates a guy like Joe Flacco from the Staffords and Cutlers of the world, who all have similar attributes as QBs but only Flacco has the sheer nerve to deliver in crunch time.

Jay Cutler has more 4th quarter comeback wins than Flacco and Stafford.

Zeke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I6PNzFvbQ8

Funny when you think about it: after that historical playoff loss football in Houston basically started a downward spiral they have never recovered from.

Adams disassembled that Oilers team
Attendance dropped because of shitty teams
Adams tried to blackmail the city for a new stadium
Oilers left
Texans came in only after LA was awarded the 32nd franchise twice but couldn't get its shit together
Texans toiled for 9 years
Finally made playoffs in 2011/2012 and only beat the Dalton lead Bengals

The curse of Frank Reich.

Solution: fire O'Brien and hire Reich as HC
Holy shit at Berman "the worse oil disaster since the Valdez, not even Exxon could bail them out of this" :jnc I love these old football vids. Bud Adams was such a piece of shit.

Malalaw

I was really surprised by the Saints gameplan against the Eagles. The Eagles OL, and the guards especially, had been terrible going into that game. I really expected the Saints to do a ton of A gap blitzes, but they never did. I think if Rob Ryan had it to do again they would have been way more aggressive.

No doubt in my mind he would do things a little differently. Ah well, what could have been!

Hunter S.

Shaquil Barret gets will start over Shane Ray. Barret is the surprise feelgood Bronco of the year.

Godslay will probably care.

With 12 fewer pounds, he has become one of the league's quickest young rushers off the edge. Per ProFootballFocus.com's calculations, only of 12 of 71 defensive ends or outside linebackers with at least 20 pass-rush snaps have hurried opposing quarterbacks at a higher rate than Barrett (one every 7.33 pass-rush opportunities).

bionic77

Just had a three hour interview and no coffee. Fuuuu
I remember after law school I interviewed with this firm for almost 6 hours.

I felt like I was being interrogated by the police.

I am sure you are going to get the job if they spent that much time with you.

I turned that job down because I got bad vibes from the guy interviewing me. I also did not like that the interview was on a Sunday morning and he pretty much said that he expects us to work almost every weekend.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck that.

jakncoke

Banned
How does one deal with a multi hour interview? Do you take downers, shots of booze to chill. I can barely handle the regular joe 15-20 min without nearly having an anxiety fit from all the judgements and trip up questions

MRSA

Banned
How does one deal with a multi hour interview? Do you take downers, shots of booze to chill. I can barely handle the regular joe 15-20 min without nearly having an anxiety fit from all the judgements and trip up questions

Just tell them you're very proficient at throwing out garbage and kick yourself out after.

Line_HTX

Are you panicking and shaking involuntarily?

Malalaw

i know when I did interviews at GameStop I would not go over 15 minutes. I'd ask the simple shit, and I would throw in off the wall questions just to ease any tension. I don't need people with spaghetti coming out of their pockets when I'm trying to see if they are made for the job.

Crisco

Banned
Longest interview I had was about 3-4 hours long, but it was meeting with multiple people, solving some problems with pseudocode, and there was a lunch in there. Not so bad but ultimately a waste of time because they didn't offer me what I wanted to leave my current job.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Holy shit at Berman "the worse oil disaster since the Valdez, not even Exxon could bail them out of this" :jnc I love these old football vids. Bud Adams was such a piece of shit.

he certainly was. There's a moron writer for the Houston press saying McNair is the worst owner in Houston HISTORY. He tries to play up Adams. He completely neglects the Astros 3 owners ago tried to get Nolan freaking Ryan to take a paycut after leading the league in ERA, Nolan walked and went to the Rangers. Like, give me a break. He's not the best owner cause they haven't won shit, but he's by far not the worst.

I had a four hour interview earlier this year for the job I'm at now, it was rough. Three different interviews with a total of 6 people plus lunch with my potential boss. I was nervous going in but I guess I handled it alright. Drank some coffee beforehand too.

I hope I never have to interview again...

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

show up early and just go rub one out in the bathroom.

seriously though, just breathe, they're not there to not give you the job and be assholes.

My first ever interview straight out of college was with 6 or 7 people at the same time from the CIO and helpdesk manager all the way to the helpdesk tier 1 person I would work with.

Respect

If you're unemployed, interviews are the worst...obviously a lot easier when you employed and just looking for a better opportunity.

Longest interview I had was two hours with one person, although I did have an interview for another job that consisted of three different people which lasted about 5 hours total. I usually do pretty good, I don't get nervous or anything.

Greg

I had a four hour interview earlier this year for the job I'm at now, it was rough. Three different interviews with a total of 6 people plus lunch with my potential boss. I was nervous going in but I guess I handled it alright. Drank some coffee beforehand too.

I hope I never have to interview again...
"I'm a division 1 champion. Now let's sit here for 4 hours and drink coffee while you draft an offer."

I remember after law school I interviewed with this firm for almost 6 hours.

I felt like I was being interrogated by the police.

I am sure you are going to get the job if they spent that much time with you.

I turned that job down because I got bad vibes from the guy interviewing me. I also did not like that the interview was on a Sunday morning and he pretty much said that he expects us to work almost every weekend.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck that.

Every time you bring up law, I'm compelled to think of that piece of shit Mike Ross from Suits now.

His fictional falling forward would impress Lane Kiffin.

Blown call vs. Jets may have helped get Philbin fired
Amid the myriad reasons Joe Philbin is no longer the head coach of the Miami Dolphins -- slow starts, lack of leadership, poor record, lack of improvement -- you might add a blown call in the last game against the New York Jets.

That's right, a blown call against the Dolphins may have helped seal Philbin's days in Miami.

In that Jets game, the Dolphins trailed 27-7 entering the fourth quarter. Then they scored a TD on a Ryan Tannehill pass to Kenny Stills with 10:05 to play. So 27-14.

The next time Miami got the ball, the offense drove for another touchdown. Tannehill threw a 2-yard scoring pass to Jarvis Landry to make it 27-21 with over six minutes to play. Except the scoring play was nullified by an offensive interference penalty against DeVante Parker.

And the Dolphins failed to make up the score or the time, throwing an interception several plays later, losing their momentum, and losing the game.

Problem is the penalty call was wrong. That, according to a Dolphins source, is what the NFL admitted to the Dolphins when the team turned in its officiating report the day after the game.

The Dolphins indeed should have been down 27-21 with six minutes to play and momentum on their side.

So there's this: What if the Dolphins had carried that momentum to a 28-27 win? It is not a far-fetched notion because, if you recall, the next time the Dolphins got the football they marched from their 16 yard line to the Jets 26. What might have changed if instead of being down 13 at that point, they'd been down only six with the ball on the New York 26?

We'll never know what would have happened. But this much is certain: If Miami had been able to pull out a 28-27 win, Philbin would still be the coach today. That is a fact. Stephen Ross would not have fired his coach if the team was 2-2 after a win rather than 1-3 and on a three-game losing skid.

And, yes, I know what many (most?) of you are saying now: You're happy the official blew the call which helped get Philbin fired.

That doesn't change the fact the blown call might have played a role in his ouster.

This would literally have been the worst, the absolute worst.

Top Bottom