• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 6 |OT| - I'm tired of waiting.

Hunter S.

I need to do cardio again. Just been lifting heavy three days a week.

That seems like the perfect amount for building. I prefer lifting myself.

Every time I cut though, I notice how great the cardio is. I do not want to look like Fatford and freeman.

TheFatOne

I have been quick to blame Stafford for a lot of bad plays this year, but the new article at MMQB has me rethinking that criticism a bit.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/16/matthew-stafford-struggles-2015-nfl-offensive-line-calvin-johnson

This is captain obvious stuff. Everyone knows he's a long bomb chuck and pray type of quarterback. AKA not the kind of quarterback who will do well under pressure. He can't throw short consistently. He can't beat good teams/defenses because of this. Seattle would be a good example of a defense that is tailor made to destroy bad QBs like Stafford. They will force you to dink and dunk all the way down the field. Brady right now is the king of the dink and dunk. Rodgers will also carve up a defense with 12+ play drives if that is what is required. Brady and Rodgers can also do it consistently. When was the last time Stafford put up three or four consecutive drives like that against a good team? He's a terrible qb hiding behind a godly arm talent nothing more.

The best comparison for Stafford right now is Daunte Culpepper. He got propped up by Calvin Johnson the same way Randy Moss propped up Daunte Culpepper. The only real difference between the two looking at their stats is attempts. If you look at Culpepper when he had Moss and Stafford now they are very similar quarterbacks. If Culpepper had thrown as much as Stafford their numbers would be extremely close. Now that Johnson isn't the same player he can't bail out Stafford anymore for being a shit quarterback. It also doesn't help when your mechanics are horrible. He's trusted his arm for so long that he hopes it can get him out of any situation. One thing you see consistently from Stafford is throws off his back foot/not stepping into throws because he trusts his arm far too much. He's dumb, he has poor mechanics, and a godly arm talent. The perfect mix for a terrible quarterback.

bionic77

Working from home for the morning.

Taking the afternoon off and going to watch Interstellar while the wife and kids go out on some long play date with some friends.

Roadhouse is on one screen and just fucking around and answering emails on the other.

Life is good. I think I am going to keep the good vibe going and get some CFA for lunch.

Ha, I just saw the Sammy Watkins comments and had a good hearty laugh. Is he for real? Wanting his agent to raise the issue with the organization, etc. Hilarious stuff.

Hunter S.

Working from home for the morning.

Taking the afternoon off and going to watch Interstellar while the wife and kids go out on some long play date with some friends.

Roadhouse is on one screen and just fucking around and answering emails on the other.

Life is good. I think I am going to keep the good vibe going and get some CFA for lunch.
Good idea!

Fuck the pats!

Crisco

Banned
I don't know what the big mystery is with Stafford, seems pretty obvious to me. 7 years later he's basically the same big dumb arm that came out of Georgia. You can't fix accuracy or make someone more intelligent. That doesn't mean you can't win with him, but you also can't rely on him to make the right decision or an accurate throw every single down. He also lacks the nerve to make big plays late in close games when the pass rush is on. That's what separates a guy like Joe Flacco from the Staffords and Cutlers of the world, who all have similar attributes as QBs but only Flacco has the sheer nerve to deliver in crunch time.

Spinluck

Pats can probably hang 60 on us if they don't slam the brakes.

We made decent moves to stop the run this off season since guys like Anderson, Parry, and Langford are great at playing the run. But I don't trust our LBs to hold up the fort if NE decides to field 6-7 linemen and just keep smashing us in the ground game--we don't have the depth to hang with them. Gronk is basically an extra Tackle and we have had no answers to that formation. This match up still matches up in favor of the Pats and it's not close, they win at almost every position. Gonna be a long night, and I think they shred us with the passing game this time since we are one of the worst pass rushing teams. Brady doesn't need that much time to throw but good Lord will he have time Sunday night. It is honestly up to them how they want to fuck us up, it's like the end of an MK match, and they are on Google trying to look up the input for their fatality.

I figured I'd watch this blowout anyway. Perhaps I can learn more about why we suck and continue to wonder how cheerleader Pagano is still a NFL coach. Can't be worse than what I consider the most disappointing Colts loss ever! Stay strong Rag and Squick, the storm has only begun.

Indy bakery has jokes

CRciltUU8AAFRDB.jpg:large

Too bad, Tammy about to put a hurting on em. 20 point win at minimum

Malalaw

No kid for the weekend...girlfriend is visiting her parents. Now I can finally go ring shopping today. Should be an interesting adventure.

Quotient

Pats can probably hang 60 on us if they don't slam the brakes.

We made decent moves to stop the run this off season since guys like Anderson, Parry, and Langford are great at playing the run. But I don't trust our LBs to hold up the fort if NE decides to field 6-7 linemen and just keep smashing us in the ground game--we don't have the depth to hang with them. Gronk is basically an extra Tackle and we have had no answers to that formation. This match up still matches up in favor of the Pats and it's not close, they win at almost every position. Gonna be a long night, and I think they shred us with the passing game this time since we are one of the worst pass rushing teams. Brady doesn't need that much time to throw but good Lord will he have time Sunday night. It is honestly up to them how they want to fuck us up, it's like the end of an MK match, and they are on Google trying to look up the input for their fatality.

I figured I'd watch this blowout anyway. Perhaps I can learn more about why we suck and continue to wonder how cheerleader Pagano is still a NFL coach. Can't be worse than what I consider the most disappointing Colts loss ever! Stay strong Rag and Squick, the storm has only begun.

The expectation is for the Patriots to win but this is football and anything can happen on game day.

I didn't watch the whole Falcons v Saints game yesterday but when i did watch i saw the Falcon's march done the field with ease - I was shocked to see that the Saints had won in the end.

Having said that the performance of the Colts in the last few games does not instill much confidence.

bionic77

Colts 3 wins are vs. the Titans, Jags and Texans and they barely won all 3

They are the white speck on top of chickenshit. Its still shit
No doubt the Colts are a horrible team in the worst division in football.

But that said they did expose that the Pats were cheaters and have forever stained the legacy of the entire organization right down to literally the ball boys. Every single one of them is in on it and they are all cheats and crooks. For that we owe their drug addled scumbag owner our gratitude.

Dragon

Banned
Indy Bakery returns, destroys Pats cake with Colts cake

I like the message, but why'd they have to go and waste a good ass looking cake for no reason?

My inner fatass weeps

You wouldn't eat a cake that was smashed by another cake? I would...

Lions notes: Detroit on record pace for fewest rushing yards, most passing attempts

But it's all Stafford's fault amirite

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2015/...e-for-fewest-rushing-yards-most-pass-attempts

It isn't Stafford's fault he isn't very good. It's the coaching staff's fault they keep putting him in the position to be not very good all the time. It's the management's fault they didn't get the right players to complement (or is it compliment, I forget) him. In any case, he is not very good, so it's no surprise when they rely on him that they aren't winning games.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Eh, Eli was awful awful awful at short passes, but with proper coaching and hard work on his part he's excelling in this new offense.

Stafford not putting work into fixing his game is a good part of the issue.

Agreed--Stafford has publicly voiced his disagreement with the idea he needed to work more on his throwing.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Not much of a sweet tooth. Which is weird considering my mom made and decorated cakes for a long time and taught me how.

Pineapple upside down cake is the best.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
No doubt the Colts are a horrible team in the worst division in football.

But that said they did expose that the Pats were cheaters and have forever stained the legacy of the entire organization right down to literally the ball boys. Every single one of them is in on it and they are all cheats and crooks. For that we owe their drug addled scumbag owner our gratitude.

No they didn't. How did they expose the Patriots as cheaters?

Hilarious coming from a Steelers fan but whether balls were deflated or not, Andrew Luck had a garbage game and could not throw a inflated or deflated football properly. Tom Brady could.

Luck: 20/41, 331 Yards, 2 TDs, 4 INTs

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=340111017

Andrew Luck, having his usual garbage playoff game, threw 4 INTs and suddenly the Patriots are cheating?

Put your fanboy bias aside for a second, Andrew Luck played horrible and the Colts got their asses kicked.

No member of the Patriots organization forces Andrew Luck too throw at below 50% completion and 4 INTs.

Agreed--Stafford has publicly voiced his disagreement with the idea he needed to work more on his throwing.

He is so good he doesnt need to work with a QB coach.

Inconsistency has been one of the biggest issues this season for Matthew Stafford, but the Lions quarterback isn't into working one-on-one with someone to improve his throwing mechanics.
Stafford, whose team found itself out of the playoff race despite sitting atop the division heading into Week 15, said earlier in the week that he wouldn't consider working with a proven quarterback coach to help improve his accuracy.
"I don't know. Just not something I'd feel would be my style [or] beneficial to me, I guess," Stafford said via Mlive.com.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...qb-coach-would-not-be-beneficial-to-me-122913

Top Bottom