• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 6 |OT| - I'm tired of waiting.

Hunter S.

Broncos' 2nd string players like Barrett and Ray would probably start for a handful of teams in the league.

It is great.

DeMarcus Ware- 4.5 sacks
Von Miller- 3 sacks

backups

Shaq Barret- 2 sacks
Shane Ray- 2 sacks

More sacks than the: Jets, Dolphins, Vickings, Panthers, Bears, Cardinals, Chargers, Raiders, Seahawks, Texans, Bills, 49ers, Jags, Browns, Colts, Eagles, Falcons and Giants have as a team.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
In the 2.5 years since I left Lucas, I've probably had a good 25 in-person job interviews (counting a day's session with multiple people as a single interview) at the very least over that time span. 3-5 hour interviews are the norm in the software industry here, at least for management positions. Assuming you get past the screening call and initial phone interview first of course.

Get a list of the people you'll be talking with. Be prepared with general answers to interview questions you expect, but have variations ready that can cater to the particular person you're talking with as needed - I'm going to answer a bit differently to an IT manager than I would to the director of sales or the VP of engineering or the devops guy doing a bunch of the gruntwork.

Eat a decent meal well beforehand, arrive 10-15 min early and use the restroom, and ask for a cup or bottle of water at the start and stay hydrated throughout - there will be a lot of talking. If needed, ask for another restroom break inbetween interviewers.

Be prepared in case you get unexpected additional people who drop in to interview as well. Not necessarily a common occurence, but I've seen it happen enough times on both sides of the interview table that you should at least be ready just in case. This is almost always a good sign - usually means they want more people on the team to talk with you and make sure you'd be a good fit.

bionic77

How does one deal with a multi hour interview? Do you take downers, shots of booze to chill. I can barely handle the regular joe 15-20 min without nearly having an anxiety fit from all the judgements and trip up questions
Its been a long ass time since I interviewed, but from what I can recall a lot of it has to do with being prepared.

The particular interview I was talking about was conducted by a true asshole (though the guy was also a genius and expected everyone to be like him). The only part that was uncomfortable (for me) was when we started to talk about salary. I had researched what similar attorneys were making in the area and we had gotten into an argument. I could tell he was pleased by me after that argument though and in general it was not that bad because I was prepared and am generally pretty decent in dealing with people.

The only part that bothered me was that I was hungry after it was done. All I had beforehand was a cup of coffee and I was kind of dizzy walking out there because I was hungry and wired from dealing with that douchebag for 6 hours.

It's still kind of weird to think that the Philbin era is officially over.

Well it's really not, we still have most of his staff and schemes, not until Ross actually cleans house (hopefully completely) will it be official over. So pls don't be like other dolphin fans I've seen getting their hopes up that Campbell will somehow turn this team into a playoff team. As your friend I beg you not to fall for the hype :(

DMczaf

you're supposed to wait until 10 and let metal carry you from when you wake up until then!

#science

web_CSC_sign.png

Well it's really not, we still have most of his staff and schemes, not until Ross actually cleans house (hopefully completely) will it be official over. So pls don't be like other dolphin fans I've seen getting their hopes up that Campbell will somehow turn this team into a playoff team. As your friend I beg you not to fall for the hype :(
Haha, don't worry friend. My hopes and dreams have been crushed into oblivion this year, I won't feel the least bit confident about another game the rest of the season.

I was just saying it's weird to think that Philbin himself is actually gone for good. Four more years down the drain with nothing to show for it.

Sanjuro

I remember after law school I interviewed with this firm for almost 6 hours.

I felt like I was being interrogated by the police.

I am sure you are going to get the job if they spent that much time with you.

I turned that job down because I got bad vibes from the guy interviewing me. I also did not like that the interview was on a Sunday morning and he pretty much said that he expects us to work almost every weekend.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck that.

I hope so, things are getting dire. This was a more outside the box style interview at times. The final question was "How would you instruct someone who has never been to in your house to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and they don't know what a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is?"

Also, it's probably the first interview I've done without a suit. Starting to feel it is too off putting for some.

bionic77

I hope so, things are getting dire. This was a more outside the box style interview at times. The final question was "How would you instruct someone who has never been to in your house to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and they don't know what a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is?"

Also, it's probably the first interview I've done without a suit. Starting to feel it is too off putting for some.
No one ever really asked me questions like that.

It was either work related or about me personally.

Haha, don't worry friend. My hopes and dreams have been crushed into oblivion this year, I won't feel the least bit confident about another game the rest of the season.

I was just saying it's weird to think that Philbin himself is actually gone for good. Four more years down the drain with nothing to show for it.

Ah yeah, :( I read an article on how some owners took a few years to learn how to run a team (of course some owners never learn) so hopefully Ross figures it out or he sells the team soon,

Tamanon

Banned
I have a final round tech interview next week for a position after I graduate in May. All day affair where they would fly me in if I wasn't already interning there. I feel good about my chances though. Need to bone up on my Networking basics though.

Greg

find the nearest computer and google it

and then get the hell out of my house, you criminal!

find the nearest computer and google it

and then get the hell out of my house, you criminal!

Shockingly this is the best answer in a lot of ways.

I'd tell him where to find my computer, and tell him to youtube how to make a PB&J sandwich. A visual aid would be far more useful than a text description, and it's much easier for me.

Malalaw

So i got my godchild one of those egg things that have a prize in it. It was a Browns sticker. She hasn't talked in 15 minutes.

Tom Penny

The scrubs the Pats have gotten away with playing thus far at CB is impressive or very frightening when the Playoffs roll around depending on how you look at it.

rando14

The scrubs the Pats have gotten away with playing thus far at CB is impressive or very frightening when the Playoffs roll around depending on how you look at it.

The way they have handled elite passers such as Tyrod Taylor, Blake Bortles, and Brandon Weeden has been extremely impressive.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
It is great.

DeMarcus Ware- 4.5 sacks
Von Miller- 3 sacks

backups

Shaq Barret- 2 sacks
Shane Ray- 2 sacks

More sacks than the: Jets, Dolphins, Vickings, Panthers, Bears, Cardinals, Chargers, Raiders, Seahawks, Texans, Bills, 49ers, Jags, Browns, Colts, Eagles, Falcons and Giants have as a team.

I still find it bizarre to worry when the Offense takes the field and get pumped when the Defense takes the field.

Top Bottom