• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 6 |OT| - I'm tired of waiting.

Sanjuro

Saw Intersteller like 3 years after the rest of you.

I really liked it. The leap of logic the daughter makes is the craziest event in human history but that relationship really hits you right in the feels if you are a parent so I could look past the magic. Didn't love the ending though. A little too much magic.

Definitely not for everyone. And definitely not for Internet movie critics, who can only somehow approve of shitty Marvel comic book movies.

Gravity > Interstellar > Wicked Fucking Martian

bionic77

Gravity > Interstellar > Wicked Fucking Martian
As a parent I liked Interstellar a lot more than Gravity.

Gravity was literally speed in space.

The ending was kind of bad for interstellar but the rest was so good I will use the same magic they used to get there to overlook it.

Sanjuro

Gravity was batshit stupid, but looked good in IMAX. It's on the same plateau as Intersellar more or less for me.

Martian wasn't BAD. It just had kind of dumb casting. No idea why the Community guy was there acting like he had a brain disorder.

bionic77

Gravity did look and sound amazing in the theaters.

I give you that.

It was a fun movie that I have no intention of ever watching again.

bionic77

I love me some Interstellar, but yea, certain things you just have to let go and enjoy the spectacle.
Let me tell you sir that the editing of the fight on the alien planet was atrocious and completely took me out of the story.

I should add that I am a janitor by trade and to me the best movie of all time is Speed Racer.

The second line is the one that internet experts never reveal.

Do you have kids?

I don't think I would have liked the movie if I did not have kids.

But to each his own.

I don't have kids and I liked it. I'm a pretty big fan of Nolan's other stuff too. Like Inception, it had some weird leaps of logic (even more so actually) but it didn't spoil the movie for me.

brentech

The blu-ray was available on Amazon for like 9 bucks a bit back.
Comes with a film cell like this guy is holding up:

J7dPl92l.jpg

I got the shot where Murph is older and is jussst about to throw all the papers. Interesting, but I wish I got a space shot =(

effzee

Interstellar was fantastic. If anyone but Nolan made it the self proclaimed Internet critics wouldn't be so against it.

The music was out of this world amazing.

bionic77

Interstellar was fantastic. If anyone but Nolan made it the self proclaimed Internet critics wouldn't be so against it.

The music was out of this world amazing.
Yeah there is a huge internet critic backlash against Nolan that parrot what they hear from his vocal critics.

I fucking hate that group think mentality of the Internet. Just because you quote another persons thought and yell it louder doesn't mean you are smart or have anything to say.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
So many fighting words in this thread today. We all need to just hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

Booty is overrated
Gravity sucked
The Martian is better than interstellar
onions are nasty
coconut sucks
mustard sucks
Gata is a pretty cool dude even though he is a pat
i put ketchup on my hot dogs
coffee don't do shit and is a lie

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Beasts of No Nation is a great movie. Released on Netflix today but an incredibly depressing, yet amazing, film.

I'm not going to spoil anything but Idris Elba is the Commandant. Do you abandon him after he's taken you under his wing?

If Matthew Stafford has proven to be a franchise QB and leader do you cut ties with him and go in another direction or stick with him?

Beasts of No Nation is a great movie. Released on Netflix today but an incredibly depressing, yet amazing, film.

I'm not going to spoil anything but Idris Elba is the Commandant. Do you abandon him after he's taken you under his wing?

I need to check it out. But can't just watch it on a whim, need to be mentality prepared. I still haven't seen Fruitvale station cause I know I'm just gonna get pissed. As for this movie I mean do I have a heart? Obviously if I have ethics and shit I would leave, but If I don't then... well fuck it.

Top Bottom