• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 7 |OT| - A Fraud Swings His Gate

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
don't you live in like Conroe or am I misremembering?

Living in Houston now! Moved there last February

Although if Conroe isn't part of Houston, then very few here live in Houston but instead Kingwood, Katy, Alvin?

Oh and Pearland too I think

Bread

Banned
Interesting that they knew exactly what play we were running. It's almost like they had some info they shouldn't have.
it's almost like your offense is predictable!

"The fact that Belichick frequently continues to leave Butler in man-to-man situations tells you he is trying to build something at left corner – and that he recognizes enough talent and work ethic in Butler to invest the time."
This is all we care about right now. He's been shit on one game this season and that was against the best WR in the game. The stats don't look good but he's passing the eye test.

SEA @ SF - Seahawks are the better team.

BUF @ JAC - They should stampede all over them, but Jags will somehow keep it a close game.

CLE @ STL - Both teams suck, Browns are worse.
MIN @ DET - Sorry Kas, it ain't gonna happen.
HOU @ MIA - For the sake of my fucking Liver, you god damn assholes.
NO @ IND - Colts will Luck their way into a win, somehow.
PIT @ KC - Steelers beat smallhands.
NYJ @ NE - Upset of the week? I hope so.
TB @ WAS - Tampa is a bad team.
ATL @ TEN - As is Tennessee.

OAK @ SD - Oakland is looking better, but I dont think they are good enough.
DAL @ NYG - Cassel gets a win, and ensures another contract somewhere next year.

PHI @ CAR - Panthers keep rolling.

BAL @ ARI - Redbirds over the Criminal Birds.

Also, dinner time!
auYmIA2.jpg

cdyhybrid

"The fact that Belichick frequently continues to leave Butler in man-to-man situations tells you he is trying to build something at left corner – and that he recognizes enough talent and work ethic in Butler to invest the time."
This is all we care about right now. He's been shit on one game this season and that was against the best WR in the game. The stats don't look good but he's passing the eye test.
How is throwing a dart at a play sheet predictable?

As the middle linebacker, Wright gets the call through a headset in his helmet and then gives it to the eest of the team in the huddle. Signals are also sent from the sideline for players to see. It's a standard procedure throughout the NFL and one the Seahawks have used for years.

"I still don't know what happened,'' said Wright, who made the call of Cover Two, while some of the secondary ended up instead getting a call for a Cover Three. "I made the call, I guess a different call came from the sideline that I wasn't aware of. If was aware of it I definitely would have called a time out. But I had no clue. I'm still kind of clueless.''

d0530c11ee6acd58b5468a529e62d4b1.jpg

Butler's play was dope but I thought I remember him saying that Belichick specifically worked on that play with him during the week before... so I would probably give more props to Belichick right??

I mean I'd give props to Bevell and Wussy first to be honest.

A better throw and Butler can't get there to make the play. A better playcall and he doesn't get the chance.

Godslay

Banned

What other choice does he have though? Who is better than Butler on your team? He has to leave him there, because he doesn't have much choice otherwise. That doesn't tell me anything really, other than the Pats secondary is pretty thin.

I'm sure there is room for growth, and he'll probably be a decent CB. I won't argue that. I don't think he's much more than an average #1 CB. Who knows though, we've all been wrong before.

I mean I'd give props to Bevell and Wussy first to be honest.

A better throw and Butler can't get there to make the play. A better playcall and he doesn't get the chance.

the order of blame that play goes:

1. bevell
2. wussle
3. kearse

it's obviously not equal blame, but it took all 3 of them fucking up to ruin the play.

Tom Penny

Butler is ok. He's still going to get beat on one on one jump balls due to size against bigger WR. He done ok considering other than Mccourty I don't like anyone else in the secondary really at all which may or may not cost them a SB berth.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
SEA @ SF - Seahawks are the better team.

BUF @ JAC - They should stampede all over them, but Jags will somehow keep it a close game.

CLE @ STL - Both teams suck, Browns are worse.
MIN @ DET - Sorry Kas, it ain't gonna happen.
HOU @ MIA - For the sake of my fucking Liver, you god damn assholes.
NO @ IND - Colts will Luck their way into a win, somehow.
PIT @ KC - Steelers beat smallhands.
NYJ @ NE - Upset of the week? I hope so.
TB @ WAS - Tampa is a bad team.
ATL @ TEN - As is Tennessee.

OAK @ SD - Oakland is looking better, but I dont think they are good enough.
DAL @ NYG - Cassel gets a win, and ensures another contract somewhere next year.

PHI @ CAR - Panthers keep rolling.

BAL @ ARI - Redbirds over the Criminal Birds.

Also, dinner time!

Looks like tatter tot casserole which is the best

I call this Kave Watching The Browns in the 4th Quarter

I think Kave watching the Blue Jays sounds better.

Or how about just Kave watching his teams play

Godslay

Banned
Butler is ok. He's still going to get beat on one on one jump balls due to size against bigger WR. He done ok considering other than Mccourty I don't like anyone else in the secondary really at all which may or may not cost them a SB berth.

Tom is the only elite QB in the AFC right now. If that holds and they pile on points nobody in the AFC can really stop them.

Teams with a good D can slow them down, but the Broncos don't have enough offense and I'm not sure if I can trust the Jets.

Pitt could go blow for blow if healthy. Bengals probably could too but nobody trusts Dalton. Colts well, it ain't happening.

AFC is theirs for the taking, imo.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Living in Houston now! Moved there last February

Although if Conroe isn't part of Houston, then very few here live in Houston but instead Kingwood, Katy, Alvin?

Oh and Pearland too I think

Conroe is definitely not part of Houston. Everywhere else you mentioned, except maybe Alvin, is considered a suburb of Houston.

The Patriots feel like a team that is going to repeat and the fucking thing sucks
I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking the same thing.. The only team in the AFC right now that can potentially stop them from going back (unless things improve with other teams) is the Bungles...

Yeah.. Don't believe in Dalton.. Prove me wrong Andy.. Please.

Ben is elite.

Ben is injured and may not be 100% and the Defense is coming along for them, but they still have work to do.

rando14

Go Browns!! Go Raiders!!

Not really to be honest.

The regulars are pretty much playing their same roles. crisco tends to be pretty positive, Bowser slightly less positive, me and Talamius slightly negative.

A lot more new guys in here tho

Crisco out here saying Cam is the 4th best QB in the league

Line_HTX

Not really to be honest.

The regulars are pretty much playing their same roles. crisco tends to be pretty positive, Bowser slightly less positive, me and Talamius slightly negative.

A lot more new guys in here tho

Please beat the Eagles hard and fast. They don't deserve to be on at night.

Tom Penny

Tom is the only elite QB in the AFC right now. If that holds and they pile on points nobody in the AFC can really stop them.

Teams with a good D can slow them down, but the Broncos don't have enough offense and I'm not sure if I can trust the Jets.

Pitt could go blow for blow if healthy. Bengals probably could too but nobody trusts Dalton. Colts well, it ain't happening.

AFC is theirs for the taking, imo.

Pitt and the Pats are very similar teams. Big time QB's that can play in any weather with great offenses and suspect defenses until the playoffs prove otherwise.

squicken

Lets talk about football and how I'm excited about the Eagles chances again.

Bradford has the worst QBR in the league. Like 32 of 32. Bad bad bad

But all the stat based systems love the Eagles. SRS and FPI have them as favorites over CAR. I'm morphing from a Bradford-stan to a Chip-stan. He's a good coach. And people don't want to acknowledge this, but he made more good than bad moves in personnel this offseason

Godslay

Banned
Ben is elite.

That's why I said right now since he's still out. Also why I mentioned they could go blow for blow on offense. I think you could also lump Rivers in there, but I don't think they are good enough to hang with Pats.

Semantics sure, but yes I agree with you.

Rivers is Elite. He's sorta like the Barry Sanders of modern QBs for me. All-time player stuck in a perpetually mediocre franchise. Revolving door of coaches. I think he is a better passer and leader than Brady.

Godslay

Banned
You guys are sleeping on the Steelers. They probably have a better offense than New England once Ben is healthy.

I've never slept on the Steelers, they were my pick to win that division and I think they would have done it if Ben was healthy.

@TomPenny Can't argue that. Ben and Brady can do enough to cover warts of a mediocre or poor defense. If you can keep them off the field you always have a chance though. Tougher road to go that way, but teams have done it.

JABEE

Bradford has the worst QBR in the league. Like 32 of 32. Bad bad bad

But all the stat based systems love the Eagles. SRS and FPI have them as favorites over CAR. I'm morphing from a Bradford-stan to a Chip-stan. He's a good coach. And people don't want to acknowledge this, but he made more good than bad moves in personnel this offseason
He drafted Hicks in the third round. Walter Thurmond is playing well.

Everyone he let go is doing eh so far this year. Too bad The Bradford gamble isn't paying off and the offensive line is decimated.

I'm most worried about Kelce. I don't know what is happening to him. Bradford has to be doing something to him.

squicken

I support your Bradford/Kelce theory. Though I don't know how to explain Mathews

You guys are sleeping on the Steelers. They probably have a better offense than New England once Ben is healthy.

For PITT, CIN, GB, NE and I guess the Colts, all of this doesn't matter. I don't even bother reading anything about them. They have great teams, QB play and will make the playoffs (Colts iffy on the first 2). So it's really just how healthy they are going into the playoffs

This Chevy commercial is insultingly fake.

This leprechaun looking motherfucker throws my phone in a wood chipper and I'm throwing hands. No way anybody can be that calm about their phone being destroyed in 2015

Top Bottom