• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 7 |OT| - A Fraud Swings His Gate

Line_HTX

Go Browns!! Go Raiders!!

Crisco out here saying Cam is the 4th best QB in the league

Hey friend, Robinson was saying that the Seahawks are in better position now than this time last year. Just gotta not punt and stuff.

Defense is fine, I think.

Farooq

Banned
Rivers is Elite. He's sorta like the Barry Sanders of modern QBs for me. All-time player stuck in a perpetually mediocre franchise. Revolving door of coaches. I think he is a better passer and leader than Brady.

Statistically Rivers is the AFC version of Romo.

He is great pre-snap, great at manipulating defenses, and if there are bodies flying around he still delivers a strike. Dude could throw out of a phone booth it seems with the way he is unphased by pressure around him and in his face. Should mention his best trait, something young QBs struggle develop, his anticipation.

I hope we get a QB like Rivers after Romo retires.

Statistically Rivers is the AFC version of Romo.

He is great pre-snap, great at manipulating defenses, and if there are bodies flying around he still delivers a strike. Dude could throw out of a phone booth it seems with the way he is unphased by pressure in his face.

I hope we get a QB like Rivers after Romo retires.

Only difference is that Romo has more talent around him overall than Rivers

Spinluck

Tom is the only elite QB in the AFC right now. If that holds and they pile on points nobody in the AFC can really stop them.

Teams with a good D can slow them down, but the Broncos don't have enough offense and I'm not sure if I can trust the Jets.

Pitt could go blow for blow if healthy. Bengals probably could too but nobody trusts Dalton. Colts well, it ain't happening.

AFC is theirs for the taking, imo.

Sucks that the season peaked at week 6!

Gobias

Banned
This is how I imagine BG dances

wcDzzGQ.gif

Zeke

I told you guys last season that only an NFCE team could take down the pats. No one listened and looked what happened. You better hope Romo and Dez style on fools when they come back and the defense is knocking teams around.

Hindl

Rivers is Elite. He's sorta like the Barry Sanders of modern QBs for me. All-time player stuck in a perpetually mediocre franchise. Revolving door of coaches. I think he is a better passer and leader than Brady.

I'd agree with that, not sure about leader part though. Brady leads all of New England, not just the Pats. It's insane up here.

He drafted Hicks in the third round. Walter Thurmond is playing well.

Everyone he let go is doing eh so far this year. Too bad The Bradford gamble isn't paying off and the offensive line is decimated.

I'm most worried about Kelce. I don't know what is happening to him. Bradford has to be doing something to him.

Yeah seriously Kelce messing up is so weird. Really hope he gets his shit together because he has shown his old self sometimes. But almost all of the moves have paid off, and Hicks has been a beast. Rowe has shown flashes in his limited time, but there's no need to pressure him since Carroll is doing great and Maxwell is improving. Hopefully Agholor gets going though. But overall it looks like we just need to address O Line and QB next season. That last thing has been a problem for the last 7 years though

Crisco

Banned
Go Browns!! Go Raiders!!

Crisco out here saying Cam is the 4th best QB in the league

Want more proof? He's getting people to say absolutely insane stuff like this,

Gil BrandtVerified account
‏@Gil_Brandt
When people are looking for a head football coach, be sure to look at Mike Shula, the OC for the Carolina Panthers.

JABEE

I support your Bradford/Kelce theory. Though I don't know how to explain Mathews

For PITT, CIN, GB, NE and I guess the Colts, all of this doesn't matter. I don't even bother reading anything about them. They have great teams, QB play and will make the playoffs (Colts iffy on the first 2). So it's really just how healthy they are going into the playoffs

Matthews was great last year and sure-handed.

I actually like what I have seen from Huff. If Bradford can hit Agholor with some throws, the Eagles have some good weapons.

squicken

But overall it looks like we just need to address O Line and QB next season. That last thing has been a problem for the last 7 years though

It's everyone's problem. The entire NBA is basically in that cycle of either having a star or tanking for one. That's why, Bradford fandom aside, it's hard to fault the try. 2nd and a 4th aren't nothing, but they don't break your team, either

OL depth is bad, but their pass protection is amazing. Only game it was shaky was WAS, and that was with a hobbled Lane and Peters trying to gut it out. Chip breaking tendency on the run game would have been a big story had Bradford not been Bradfording all the easy throws

Hindl

It's everyone's problem. The entire NBA is basically in that cycle of either having a star or tanking for one. That's why, Bradford fandom aside, it's hard to fault the try. 2nd and a 4th aren't nothing, but they don't break your team, either

OL depth is bad, but their pass protection is amazing. Only game it was shaky was WAS, and that was with a hobbled Lane and Peters trying to gut it out. Chip breaking tendency on the run game would have been a big story had Bradford not been Bradfording all the easy throws

Oh don't mistake me, I'm happy that Chip made the risk. Foles wasn't going to cut it, so he tried Bradford. And we cut him loose next season if he doesn't improve. And every other move has worked out so far, the team has a lot of good pieces.

And the O Line are doing very well with the pass pro, just need to continue to improve the run game. Although they did really well against the Giants which should be recognized

Godslay

Banned
Sucks that the season peaked at week 6!

More of a scenario of projecting what ifs as of right now. Of course a lot can change as we are roughly half way done with the year with plenty of football left.

I guess I'm just stating the obvious in terms of how I see the AFC. Who knows someone like the Phins could rise out of the muck or maybe Luck puts on his big boy loin cloth and clubs the shit out of these teams.

I think you could debate that. They both spent a lot of time in Zampese offenses which require talent to be successful.

Under Norv, sure.

After him.. There is some talent there in San Diego to help Rivers (Gates, Allen). But not as much compared to Dallas at least to me.

Spinluck

More of a scenario of projecting what ifs as of right now. Of course a lot can change as we are roughly half way done with the year with plenty of football left.

I guess I'm just stating the obvious in terms of how I see the AFC. Who knows someone like the Phins could rise out of the muck or maybe Luck puts on his big boy loin cloth and clubs the shit out of these teams.

Right now down the stretch I'd say

1. Pats
2. Steelers
3. Cincy
4. Broncos

Broncos are the biggest question mark due to the offense. But I think those teams are atop the conference. Maybe Colts get it together, maybe they don't, but I think they can snag at least two upsets this year.

Luck's health is a huge concern, I think we'll be ok when he comes back healthy. Was glad to see him throw passes away for a change instead of restoring to his usual hero ball gunslinger antics. Showing a little bit of progress... The only time he engaged in those throws was when the play calling encouraged it.

Need to see more of how this Dolphins team looks under this new muscular coach. Could get interesting.

Rivers is playing well too, sucks that they are just losing games.

Living in Houston now! Moved there last February

Although if Conroe isn't part of Houston, then very few here live in Houston but instead Kingwood, Katy, Alvin?

Oh and Pearland too I think

Yeah, Conroe's part of Houston. Kingwood was annexed by Houston (I remember being a wee feller going to protests against it with my parents at the community pool), so it definitely is. I'm not sure whether Conroe is a part of the actual Houston territory....but whatever, it's Houston.

Godslay

Banned
Right now down the stretch I'd say

1. Pats
2. Steelers
3. Cincy
4. Broncos

Broncos are the biggest question mark due to the offense. But I think those teams are atop the conference. Maybe Colts get it together, maybe they don't, but I think they can snag at least two upsets this year.

Luck's health is a huge concern, I think we'll be ok when he comes back healthy. Was glad to see him throw passes away for a change instead of restoring to his usual hero ball gunslinger antics. Showing a little bit of progress... The only time he engaged in those throws was when the play calling encouraged it.

Need to see more of how this Dolphins team looks under this new muscular coach. Could get interesting.

Rivers is playing well too, sucks that they are just losing games.

I'm okay with that ranking. I'd put the Jets and Colts in there, I'm curious how Jets stack up this week. They seem like the right team to give the Pats fits. Thought the phins would be that team at the beginning of the year, but I underestimated how terrible Philbin was.

Top Bottom