• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 7 |OT| - A Fraud Swings His Gate

In a instance of weakness the Seahawks team official was tricked and con into saying things TMZ wants. That official is now on paid administrative leave until further pending investigation.

i was just kidding i dont know shit about it! but whats happening to the seahawks reminds me of last years niners. some blown games, some injuries, some off field nonsense (some fabricated by the media) and it all starts snowballing!

BUT, on the plus side for the seachickens, they get to play a shitty team this thursday on a neutral field

cdyhybrid

i was just kidding i dont know shit about it! but whats happening to the seahawks reminds me of last years niners. some blown games, some injuries, some off field nonsense (some fabricated by the media) and it all starts snowballing!

BUT, on the plus side for the seachickens, they get to play a shitty team this thursday on a neutral field

That is the plus side. The minus side is that we're going to lose to that shitty team!

Narag

W3b3kYk.png

Good news for Mech.

Can't wait to play you in the Shit Bowl 2015.

In the words of a wise man

CAN'T WAIT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJshw2Axsqc

Bowser

I knew Carolina had played a soft schedule, but didn't realize their opponents are 9-22. I think that is misleading, b/c I still like SEA. And tough (or at least as tough as it gets this year) slate; @SEA, PHI, IND, GB

Saw this post at work this afternoon, but didn't have the time to research and write up a response then. I don't get this line of reasoning honestly. First, Carolina's opponent record is 9-20, but you shouldn't count the losses that Carolina handed their opponents in the equation. So Carolina's opponents' records in games outside of playing Carolina is:

Jacksonville: 1-4
Houston: 2-3
New Orleans: 2-3
Tampa Bay: 2-2
Seattle: 2-3
Total: 9-15 or a 0.375 winning percentage. Admittedly weak.

But let's take a look at the opponent's win percentage of the other undefeated teams:

New England:

Pittsburgh: 4-1
Buffalo: 3-2
Jacksonville: 1-4
Dallas: 2-2
Indy: 3-2
Total: 13-11 or 0.542. Strong, NE has definitely played the best/toughest schedule of the undefeated teams.

Cincinnati:

Oakland: 2-2
San Diego: 2-3
Baltimore: 1-4
Kansas City: 1-4
Buffalo: 3-2
Total: 11-18 or 0.379. Very similar to Carolina's 0.375.

Green Bay:

Chicago: 2-3
San Francisco: 2-3
St. Louis: 2-2
San Diego: 2-3
Total: 11-18 or 0.379. Again, quite similar to Carolina's 0.375.

Denver:

Baltimore: 1-4
Detroit: 1-4
Minnesota: 3-1
Oakland: 2-2
Cleveland: 2-3
Total: 10-18 or 0.357. Worse than Carolina's and 5 of those 6 games were wins by 7 or less points.

So, yes, Carolina hasn't played a murderer's row of a schedule, but let's not act like the other undefeated teams sans NE have played impressive schedules either. In fact, it's only because of the "names" of the teams that Carolina has played that they assume the Panthers have played by far the worst schedule of the 5.

Bowser

Carolina hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt. Most of the other teams listed have.

I'm just responding to the whole "weak schedule" thing. Facts are facts. "Earning the benefit of the doubt" is a subjective thing and that's fine to think that. We'll know a lot more about the prospects of this Panthers team after the next 3 games.

Don't forget that historically the Panthers in the Cam/Rivera era have been notoriously plagued by slow starts before getting hot late: 15-3 in December since 2011.

cdyhybrid

I'm just responding to the whole "weak schedule" thing. Facts are facts. "Earning the benefit of the doubt" is a subjective thing and that's fine to think that. We'll know a lot more about the prospects of this Panthers team after the next 3 games.

Don't forget that historically the Panthers in the Cam/Rivera era have been notoriously plagued by slow starts before getting hot late: 15-3 in December since 2011.

This ain't subjective, breh:

tLrlGw4.jpg

jbug617

Banned
Why is ESPN losing money? How much does it cost to run a sports station with all that advertising on top of it all?

I'm guessing they're paying to much for games. But if they don't pay for them, who will?

They paid crazy money for the NBA, NFL and CFB Playoffs. Also they have so many experts and anchors.

Bowser

This ain't subjective, breh:

tLrlGw4.jpg

I'll give you NE (which I already noted has played a strong schedule) and GB.

Don't see the "benefit of the doubt" being earned by Cincy and Denver with the desiccated husk of Peyton behind center.

edit: shit, Cam's actually won a playoff game too. Dalton's sitting there with a career 0-4 record with losses to TJ Yates and Shoob.

Narag

Oh yeah I said the Around the NFL podcast reminds me of this thread in the past. Apparently they named their fantasy team after that at&t girl that's popular in here too. scary

Top Bottom