• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 7 |OT| - A Fraud Swings His Gate

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Am I the only one that likes it when an announcer is a homer for their ex team? I hate the "I'm so impartial, even though I won three Super Bowls with X team" guys. It's boring.

Conversely, it's fun watching a team get waxed and hearing homer announcer try to stay impartial despite clearly being pissed. I love listening to Aikman during Cowboys losses.
My favorite is Ditka who takes his homer status to the extreme.

squicken

Squicken, now that you're on board with the Revolution™ what are your thoughts on Chip's inevitable move to replace Bradford at the end of the year?

Sam is a good guy and from my hometown, so I want him to do well. But it's now really obvious he will never be a good QB. I'm not sure how much an upgrade Sanchez is, but if Chip thinks that's right then I think you trust him

But I am a big fan of Kelly. I think he's a good coach, and I think his offseason moves, aside from Bradford, have all worked. So I will be an Eagles fan as long as Chip is doing good work there

Nialrot

Everybody needs to set an alarm for Sunday morning to watch my London Jaguars play against the Bills.

9:30 am football is the best football.

Zeke

Espn ranked the most injured teams, didn't even know that was a thing.
2. Skins
8. Cowboys
9. Eagles
12. Giants
Packers ranked number 1 which I think is pretty lol worthy. Hawks listed dead last.

Espn ranked the most injured teams, didn't even know that was a thing.
2. Skins
8. Cowboys
9. Eagles
12. Giants
Packers ranked number 1 which I think is pretty lol worthy. Hawks listed dead last.
Losing your franchise QB should put you at number 1...

Hindl

Yeah Cowboys got pretty screwed by injuries this year. Been a ton of injuries to all teams, but imagine where the Pats would be with Brady and Gronk out

Sam is a good guy and from my hometown, so I want him to do well. But it's now really obvious he will never be a good QB. I'm not sure how much an upgrade Sanchez is, but if Chip thinks that's right then I think you trust him

But I am a big fan of Kelly. I think he's a good coach, and I think his offseason moves, aside from Bradford, have all worked. So I will be an Eagles fan as long as Chip is doing good work there

How is it obvious now? Chip said that a lot of the problems on offense is miscommunications. Chip is usually really good about not calling out players but after the Giants game he said that guys ran the wrong route on several occasions. Bradford has been working with nothing at the WR position, they were keeping Celek into block every play even until a few weeks ago. Eagles WR's are near the top in drops as well. They clean up the mistakes and Bradford's #'s would look much better.

squicken

How is it obvious now? Chip said that a lot of the problems on offense is miscommunications. Chip is usually really good about not calling out players but after the Giants game he said that guys ran the wrong route on several occasions. Bradford has been working with nothing at the WR position, they were keeping Celek into block every play even until a few weeks ago. Eagles WR's are near the top in drops as well. They clean up the mistakes and Bradford's #'s would look much better.

The TD to Cooper was a bad throw. Cooper was so open that he could still catch it. I'll forgive him on the 2nd INT due to the miscommunication. But the first INT was such a bad throw. Even Sam admitted that. The third one was the wrong read and a bad throw as well. TE had 6 inches on the DB. Get it up where only he can get it

Sam has 4 interceptions in the end zone, and a pick 6. You just can't do that. He is last in QBR. He is Blaine Gabbert bad right now. He's not soft like Gabbert, but he's playing that bad

Still got to keep playing him, though. They know what Sanchez is in that offense. Chip the tactician and GM have done well, but it's time for Chip the position coach to get him at least to STL levels, which was a little below average his final year

Hindl

The TD to Cooper was a bad throw. Cooper was so open that he could still catch it. I'll forgive him on the 2nd INT due to the miscommunication. But the first INT was such a bad throw. Even Sam admitted that. The third one was the wrong read and a bad throw as well. TE had 6 inches on the DB. Get it up where only he can get it

Sam has 4 interceptions in the end zone, and a pick 6. You just can't do that. He is last in QBR. He is Blaine Gabbert bad right now. He's not soft like Gabbert, but he's playing that bad

Still got to keep playing him, though. They know what Sanchez is in that offense. Chip the tactician and GM have done well, but it's time for Chip the position coach to get him at least to STL levels, which was a little below average his final year

Yeah I mean I'm seeing ever so slight improvements with Sam, but it's still troubling. The good news for Sunday was that he finally was taking more shots downfield. The bad news was that 3/4 of them were picked off/incomplete. He also has been making all the right reads, but the execution has been terrible. He isn't planting his foot, and he's making simple mistakes. Almost all of his issues are kinks that can be worked out. But between the injuries and the mediocrity aside from that, Sam might not be able to fix those issues at this point.

Given the state of QB around the league and in the draft, I still think we'll keep him around next year. He won't be getting the major contract, so it won't even be a huge loss in cap space. And he won't really have any leverage, since I'm not sure which team would be willing to take him. So keep him around while we try to find a replacement to sit behind him. And if he turns it around? Great

Malalaw

Love being understaffed and having to fix these bad ass roads by myself. Holes in the road half a foot deep and shit. It's like someone called an airstrike down these roads. Good thing I have 5 gallons of water! Ah well, tomorrow is my Friday.

zychi

Banned
Right?!

oh please like I'd get up for that game, besides I'm usually up by 7ish anyways.

You dont go out on Saturdays? West coast is weird for football. Hangover for a 930am game? Gotta record the game if you have to do something in the morning. Cant sleep in if you have nothing to do.

Its only good for SNF because its only like 9/10pm by the time its over

Crisco

Banned

So if everyone around him plays perfect, mistake free football he can be serviceable? You don't see a problem with that line of thinking? The whole point of a franchise QB is someone who can find ways to move the ball even when the offense around him is less than stellar. What you're describing is a backup or a journeyman starter, not a franchise QB. That's who Bradford is at this point in his career.

Top Bottom