• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 7 |OT| - A Fraud Swings His Gate

Because they have the worst defense in the division, by far, and an offense featuring no running game and Somersault Donnell, Rueben Randle, and Dwayne Harris as starters.

They should take advantage of it, but they are making things too difficult for themselves. The roster itself is just not very good and are missing key players like the other teams are -- Cruz, Beatty, JPP

Yeah but QB is the most important position and Giants have by far the best guy in the division at the position, even if Romo was healthy Eli is still way above him.

Luke Jones ‏@BaltimoreLuke 1h1 hour ago
Steve Smith on managing the pain of his back injury: "I have a great nutritionist that I'm sleeping with, which is my wife." #Ravens

89 needs to come home mayne.

I don't care if he's physically busted, send him home Ozzie.

Because they have the worst defense in the division, by far, and an offense featuring no running game and Somersault Donnell, Rueben Randle, and Dwayne Harris as starters.

They should take advantage of it, but they are making things too difficult for themselves. The roster itself is just not very good and are missing key players like the other teams are -- Cruz, Beatty, JPP
....and that's really the key in the game we've lost. The fact that the roster has the holes it does and we've still been in those games is a testament to the job the coaching staff is doing. The Eagles game is an outlier, IMO and I said as much after the game.

The fact that this defense isn't a complete shit fest given the talent Spags has to work with is a miracle.

squicken

Just as a football fan in general, I really have no expectation of Cruz or JPP ever playing well again. Seems like that is how Reese should proceed as well.

Pepiope

I hope the cowboys and giants come back with a chip on their shoulders next year and run a train on the league. Fuck the eagles skins tho they can keep struggling.
Eagles aren't letting go of 1st place anytime soon bruh. The Bradford era has begun.

DMczaf

Luke Jones ‏@BaltimoreLuke 1h1 hour ago
Steve Smith on managing the pain of his back injury: "I have a great nutritionist that I'm sleeping with, which is my wife." #Ravens

89 needs to come home mayne.

I don't care if he's physically busted, send him home Ozzie.

He will go into the HOF as a Raven.

You know it.

Striker

Yeah but QB is the most important position and Giants have by far the best guy in the division at the position, even if Romo was healthy Eli is still way above him.
Right, but you need playmakers and they just have one right now. Guys like Rueben Randle, Dwayne Harris, and Somersault Donnell scare no one. They're not downfield threats. They have no run game. It's an offense based on short throws and it requires the receivers to get the yards after the catch. Nobody else can do that except OBJ.

They have dudes starting on both offense and defense that have no business being anything more than role players on any other team.

I'm an Eli homer and I can't say that. Romo has been playing exceptional football over the past 2-3 seasons. He's been enormously helped by the fact that they've built an excellent line in front of him and that offense has really started to run the ball and take the pressure off but still, a Romo led Cowboys squad would run the table in this division right now. I think the rest of the East caught a big break with Romo/Dez going down. Though that goes back to the point I made earlier - given the dearth of talent the Giants have on defense - for all intents and purposes we should have won that opening game! That's a testament to the work of this coaching staff that people like to shit on so much which drives me nuts.

Eli is in the second year of a new offense and is /finally/ seeing an offensive line rebuilt around him that's worth a damn. Will Beatty just came off of PUP and its going to be at least 3 weeks before he hits the line-up but we put him at RT and I think we have ourselves an offensive line that can truly gel into something great. Yes, they struggled mightily in that Eagles game but its one night amongst a larger sample of games where they have played well.

Giants fans need to realize this is a team in rebuild mode right now for better or worse. The rebuild started after the dreadful 2013 season. We're in year two.

....and yes I do believe Tom Coughlin is the man that needs to finish this rebuild. Whole heartedly in fact.

I'm an Eli homer and I can't say that. Romo has been playing exceptional football over the past 2-3 seasons. He's been enormously helped by the fact that they've built an excellent line in front of him and that offense has really started to run the ball and take the pressure off but still, a Romo led Cowboys squad would run the table in this division right now.

Eli is in the second year of a new offense and is /finally/ seeing an offense line rebuilt around him that's worth a damn. Will Beatty just came off of PUP and its going to be at least 3 weeks before he hits the line-up but we put him at RT and I think we have ourselves a an offensive line that can truly gel into something great. Yes, they struggled mightily in that Eagles game but its one night amongst a larger sample of games where they have played well.

Giants fans need to realize this is a team in rebuild mode right now for better or worse. The rebuild started after the dreadful 2013 season. We're in year two.

....and yes I do believe Tom Coughlin is the man that needs to finish this rebuild. Whole heartedly in fact.

He fucken better, he needs to go 3-0 against evil incarnate. We know that gata Wilson wasn't up to the task

He will go into the HOF as a Raven.

You know it.

He won't.

He only has problems with two men in the organization (well really one). And both of those guys will be long gone by the time 89 reaches the Hall.

He still has love for the Panthers. All that Blood and Guts shit was just him keeping up the act.

DMczaf

He won't.

He only has problems with two men in the organization (well really one). And both of those guys will be long gone by the time 89 reaches the Hall.

He still has love for the Panthers. All that Blood and Guts shit was just him keeping up the act.

Grover....

giphy.gif

Crisco

Banned
Cam Newton still hates the media.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/21/cam-newton-wants-to-fine-you-for-your-bad-predictions/

“No offense, but I find all media comical at times,” Newton said, via Bill Voth of Black and Blue Review. “I think you guys’ profession you can easily take back what you say. There’s not danger when somebody says it. If it was a pay cut or an incentive, picking teams each and every week you get a raise I guarantee people would watch what they say.

“If you make a bold statement and you’re correct, you should get X-amount increase. But If you make a bold statement and it goes the other way, you get a deduction. And it goes straight to the Cam Newton Foundation.”

I don't think he's ever forgiven them after that ridiculous pre-draft Gruden interview that was setup just to make him look stupid.

squicken

I thought the Cam issue with the media was the "fake smile" bit. I don't recall anything about the Gruden show other than the "swag" thing

Are we saying he goes back to carolina to play or are we saying that he'll sign one of those one day contracts?

I do think he may be thinking about jumping to a contender. Why languish in Baltimore when you can go to a contender who needs WR help for you last leg of your career.

Well cats naturally clean themselves and kave refuses to do so, nobody wants to sit next to a smelly cat on a long flight.

We don't need more brown fans, they are miserable enough as it is.

1) Kave seems like a clean cat through the internet minus his racism (every week you make a coons pun Kave. Stop, I know he's your boy. Don't rep him like that. That's disrespectful)

2) we need more self depreciating humor here so yes more browns fans.

Are we saying he goes back to carolina to play or are we saying that he'll sign one of those one day contracts?

I do think he may be thinking about jumping to a contender. Why languish in Baltimore when you can go to a contender who needs WR help for you last leg of your career.

1) Kave seems like a clean cat through the internet minus his racism (every week you make a coons pun Kave. Stop, I know he's your boy. Don't rep him like that. That's disrespectful)

2) we need more self depreciating humor here so yes more browns fans.

Were you around during the NFL-Gaf prison?

Furyous

We don't need more brown fans, they are miserable enough as it is.

WAT

We are extremely happy our QB is statistically superior to plenty of overhyped overrated QBs in the league. Browns are a solid team with excellent intangibles minus someone named Johnny Manziel, whoever that is.

Godslay

Banned
Last year the Broncos line allowed Manning to be sacked a total of 17 times. This years line has given up 12 already.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...broncos-liability-not-so-fast-denver-doubters

The line didn't give up any sacks against the Browns though, so it's improving. Manning still had pretty rough game even with that. Hopefully he can get more comfortable knowing that the OL play is improving. Then again the Browns defense isn't good, so hard to judge if they really improved or just a matter or being better than the competition that day.

As far as PM, I just want him to eliminate the turnovers. One a game is reasonable, when you start turning it over 2 or 3 times a game, he then becomes a liability. I'm fine with the idea of him being in that spot all year, even with the shitty play. If he doesn't turn it over and the run game picks up the slack, we'll be okay.

I heard today that Elway had a meeting with Peyton. I wonder what that means, as it's out of the ordinary. Some speculation is that it's just Elway taking stock of how Manning is feeling. Something to take note of anyways, as it's atypical.

Draxal

I'm an Eli homer and I can't say that. Romo has been playing exceptional football over the past 2-3 seasons. He's been enormously helped by the fact that they've built an excellent line in front of him and that offense has really started to run the ball and take the pressure off but still, a Romo led Cowboys squad would run the table in this division right now. I think the rest of the East caught a big break with Romo/Dez going down. Though that goes back to the point I made earlier - given the dearth of talent the Giants have on defense - for all intents and purposes we should have won that opening game! That's a testament to the work of this coaching staff that people like to shit on so much which drives me nuts.

Eli is in the second year of a new offense and is /finally/ seeing an offensive line rebuilt around him that's worth a damn. Will Beatty just came off of PUP and its going to be at least 3 weeks before he hits the line-up but we put him at RT and I think we have ourselves an offensive line that can truly gel into something great. Yes, they struggled mightily in that Eagles game but its one night amongst a larger sample of games where they have played well.

I'd be completely content for Coughlin to retire and McAdoo to be the head coach myself.

I'm saying he goes back to play for the Panthers.

Steve Smith would of been a Patriot. It's too bad for the weather delays.

That...would probably...have been...the worst day of my sports fandom. Not even joking.

Worse than the Duke-UConn 1999 National Championship
Worse than the day the actual Hornets left
Worse than Man United-Barca Champions League Final 2009
Worse than the 03 ALCS Game 7
Worse than the 08 NFC Divisional

Worse than the Super Bowl

Draxal

Hello friends. I need some advice.

My cousin's birthday is coming up in December, and I wanted to get him a Wii U game. He currently has Splatoon, Super Smash, and Mario Maker.

Which game should I consider for him?

Mario Kart easy.

Generate

Banned
Why are Eagles fans so high on Bradford when they sent a qb packing who actually got them to championship games and super bowls?

Doomsayer

I said it yesterday and everyone ignored me so I'll say it again: Bradford is Mark Sanchez, but no Eagles fans want to talk about that.

He has 9 picks in 6 games? That's unacceptable. Haven't 4 of them been in the red zone/end zone? I just don't understand how any Eagles fan can be happy with that type of QBing. Literally giving points away.

The fact they all hyped him up in the preseason as being the last piece to them contending makes it hard for them to say they were wrong. I get it, I was wrong about Kap, but I'm not going to blindly support the guy so I can say I told you so on the internet.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Yeah sometimes you just gotta suck it up and admit you're wrong. I thought Hoyer sucked after that first game with KC but I was wrong and he is actually elite.

So you're telling me my boy HoFarmer took Vince Mayle in the 4th and Stefon Diggs was taken a couple picks later! Vince Mayle was cut by the way. We wanted to grab someone to Stretch the field this offseason and came away with......

Via Roto:
Coach Mike Pettine admitted he's not high on Dwayne Bowe contributing anytime soon with the Browns' top four receivers already set.
Pettine said Travis Benjamin, Andrew Hawkins, Brian Hartline, and Taylor Gabriel are "entrenched" as Cleveland's four-man receiving unit. The Browns guaranteed $9 million of Bowe's two-year, $12.5 million contract, and he's been inactive four out of six games. He's played 12 snaps and failed to catch either of his two targets. The Browns need to bite the bullet and cut the dead weight.
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/fire-ray-farmer

Top Bottom