• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 7 |OT| - A Fraud Swings His Gate

I'm pretty sure that regardless of reviews, its still Assassin's Creed. (i.e. completely out of ideas and a chore to play through)
Bingo. I can't even understand how people still enjoy that series. I played every release up to 3 and couldn't make it more than a few hours in. That's when I knew I was done.

6oxO6UH.jpg

Ah, so he's just a pussy, got it.
Serious question - Was he injured on the field, or did he just show up injured on the practice reports?

Never liked the guy and I just don't get how the league still fawns over his antics. His migraine shtick in Minnesota was a running joke for weeks then he magically recovered enough to play come playoff time. Then went to Seattle and pulled the same thing with this hip garbage.

Serious question - Was he injured on the field, or did he just show up injured on the practice reports?

Never liked the guy and I just don't get how the league still fawns over his antics. His migraine shtick in Minnesota was a running joke for weeks then he magically recovered enough to play come playoff time. Then went to Seattle and pulled the same thing with this hip garbage.
I have no idea how legit his injuries are but I don't think I could play a football game with a bad migraine. I've had one or two before that are legitimately debilitating. It is the woooooorst.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I have no idea how legit his injuries are but I don't think I could play a football game with a bad migraine. I've had one or two before that are legitimately debilitating. It is the woooooorst.

I get them periodically and it basically ruins your day.

It's not the headache so much as the extreme nausea for 8 hours where you throw up and shit. Oh and you can't see anything because I get "auras" so I lose a good chunk of my vision and light is the devil. It's awesome.

brentech

Yea, I couldn't do shit with a migraine. No way I'd even try to play football.

I ate that! Just woke up with the plastic window on the packaging stuck on me. hah.
You're gross. One day you'll regret this part of your life.
That or you'll be living on the streets and that will be your life's highlight. #GlassHalfFull

I get them periodically and it basically ruins your day.

It's not the headache so much as the extreme nausea for 8 hours where you throw up and shit. Oh and you can't see anything because I get "auras" so I lose a good chunk of my vision and light is the devil. It's awesome.
That sucks, man.

I had one once that was so bad I couldn't function at all. I laid in bed with no light and no noise with a warm wet cloth covering my eyes and it still hurt like hell. I think I threw up a few times also. I still don't know what caused it but I think it might have been wearing old glasses with an outdated prescription.

LJ11

He's been nursing it for a while, playing through it, was questionable going into the Titans game but played.

I suffered from migraine headaches for most of my early life and well into my teen years. They just went away as I got older, I still occasionally get some bad ones, but sometimes they are a year or two apart. My mom has problems with migraines, they would leave her in bed for days, they haven't left her but she's able to control the really bad ones so she's at least functional. Cousin has them too, runs in my family.

I'm not in a position to call Harvin a liar, maybe he is, no way for me to know.

That sucks, man.

I had one once that was so bad I couldn't function at all. I laid in bed with no light and no noise with a warm wet cloth covering my eyes and it still hurt like hell. I think I threw up a few times also. I still don't know what caused it but I think it might have been wearing old glasses with an outdated prescription.

Exactly what my mom would do, just lay in bed for a few days until the most recent attack left. It was awful, nothing we could do for her.

Godslay

Banned
Peyton has thrown a lot of picks this year that just make me smh. I still have to wonder (as you seem to) if a lot of it is to due with more pressure on him due to theshitty ofensive line. No matter the case, I think assuming that Brock is the better choice at qb is folly. He is untested and should only be tested when the Broncos start losing. I will not give up on Peyton until he continually causes the team to lose. He deserves more chances to lead this team than virtually every quarterback in NFL history. I do not think Brock starting would have lead to a Broncos 6-0 start.

Anyways we should be partying at 6-0. The fact that we complain so much at 6-0 really reflects on our high standards as Bronco fans. A standard the team and fans should hold with pride.

I think it's a combo of the pressure, the switch to a new offense, second guessing himself with the routes, and some decline which allows teams to force him to make throws he's had trouble with.

Although I will say that out of the 10 ints, 3 were tipped balls which should have been caught. Additionally, only a couple of the sacks were on pressure from more than a four man rush. Meaning that while he has struggled individually with bad decisions and his limitations, the OL and WRs haven't done him many favors.

The 6-0 is great. It's just an easy target to try and understand what is wrong with the offense. We would have largely stress free games if the offense played even a league average level. I'm not too worried about it yet, as the OL has shown improvement the last couple weeks, so from there we should see some more improvement up the chain. At least ideally.

Its weird but I am kind of worried about the Chiefs if we don't have a healthy Ben out there.

They have been close in almost all of their games and always find a way to lose at the end.

Its going to be a battle of the morons when we come to town and I hope Tomlin doesn't find a way to outfuck Reid in this game.

Play Landry one more week and lets hope we can find a way to get the W and get Ben and co. ready for the Bungles.

Don't know what the fuck is wrong with Shazier though. I wonder what the fuck is wrong with him...

Chiefs have had a couple close games. Broncos and Bears namely. Beat the Texans of course. The other games though, they've pretty much been shit on. Packers pounded them pretty much all game, Bengals led 29 - 12 at the start of the 3rd quarter, Vikings didn't let them score until the 4th quarter on some sloppy defense. Vikings dominated them pretty much all game.

I've watched them all, and with the exception of the Texans game, they've struggled. They might feast on an inexperienced QB, but the Steelers O should be able to score on them.

Chiefs without Charles are a bad, bad team. Steelers should take care of business easily in that one unless Landry throws two TAINTs.

Exactly what my mom would do, just lay in bed for a few days until the most recent attack left. It was awful, nothing we could do for her.
That's awful man, I can't imagine having them regularly.

Godslay

Banned
He's been nursing it for a while, playing through it, was questionable going into the Titans game but played.

I suffered from migraine headaches for most of my early life and well into my teen years. They just went away as I got older, I still occasionally get some bad ones, but sometimes they are a year or two apart. My mom has problems with migraines, they would leave her in bed for days, they haven't left her but she's able to control the really bad ones so she's at least functional. Cousin has them too, runs in my family.

I'm not in a position to call Harvin a liar, maybe he is, no way for me to know.

I was in the same boat from around 14-18, you'd see that goddamn aura start and know that your day or next couple of days were going to be shitty. The worst ones are absolutely debilitating. I have loads of sympathy for people that deal with them on a regular basis. I'm lucky that I haven't had one for a very long time.

Chiefs have had a couple close games. Broncos and Bears namely. Beat the Texans of course. The other games though, they've pretty much been shit on. Packers pounded them pretty much all game, Bengals led 29 - 12 at the start of the 3rd quarter, Vikings didn't let them score until the 4th quarter on some sloppy defense. Vikings dominated them pretty much all game.

I've watched them all, and with the exception of the Texans game, they've struggled. They might feast on an inexperienced QB, but the Steelers O should be able to score on them.

What i'm worried about is turnovers. It's the common link between the Steelers losses to bad teams. They win the turnover battle, we lose the game.

I'm not worried about Landry as much as I am our LT Alejandro Villanueva. He's a fast learner but Hali and Houston are arguably the best OLB combo in the league. This will be trial by fire for him surely.

bionic77

What i'm worried about is turnovers. It's the common link between the Steelers losses to bad teams. They win the turnover battle, we lose the game.

I'm not worried about Landry as much as I am our LT Alejandro Villanueva. He's a fast learner but Hali and Houston are arguably the best OLB combo in the league. This will be trial by fire for him surely.
Hopefully we use the Vick approach and baby the fuck out of him and give them a large dose of Bell and the supporting cast does just enough to get us out of there with the W.

I can't wait until we actually have a game under wraps in the 2nd half and Williams can get his carries and close it out. He looked good the first two weeks and I wish he could get some more carries but it was not feasible considering how bad Vick looked and how close all the games have been.

I still don't know what to think of Landry. I hope the Chiefs suck enough that he doesn't have to do too much and can just rely on his playmakers. I think you are right to worry and that if we have to pass and they know it they are Hali and co. are going to feast on Landry. But he sure proved me wrong last week (that Vick couldn't be worse than him) and I won't mind him proving us wrong again. Also hope he keeps showing up to the interviews in ghetto flannel shirts. That was the best.

Godslay

Banned

Maybe. Even with turnovers, the Chiefs offense doesn't always convert those to points. The points number looks okay from an outward glance, but they've been pretty ineffective for the most part. Limit Maclin and Kelce, and there isn't much there.

rando14

Hmmm time to apply some reasoning here....

1) We won a supper bowel with Harvin on the team
2) That same year Tate banged Wilsons wife and they divorced, obviously was a good sign
3) Tate and Harvin knocked each others lights outs
4) Tate and Harvin left, now there is no one to sleep with Wilsons new girl Ciara
5) Wilson + Ciara = team sucks ass
6) No Tate = Bring Harvin back to sleep with Ciara = Wilson/Ciara break up = Next Super Bowel?!

bionic77

:lol Rando

Give it up.

Wussle is the biggest fraud in the league.

Its over. Buy a few copies of the SB bluray ad dedicate your life to living in the past.

This goes to show that nothing good comes from chatting with Bread.

No, it goes to show it doesn't matter what happens to you, if you're there for even a day, it's good enough for your wisdom to spread. Anime has already encapsulated Belichick and infected the gang, and I hear Gata bought a Naruto DVD. A Good Season

NJ.com has a great breakdown of the Giants first drive against the Eagles and then the many missed plays in the second half of the game. So many opportunities lost in that game.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/10/what_worked_what_didnt_explaining_odell_beckhams_d.html

The opening drive made it seem as if the Giants had found something they were going to exploit all evening. They were going to match their tight ends against the Eagles' linebackers and have success. And then ...

It was all downhill for the Giants offense. The Giants didn't use another two-tight-end formation on their next four drives. They went back to it for just five of their final 56 plays. When they did, they ran the ball on three of the five plays and gained 19 yards, which is a pretty successful 6.3 yards per clip. But it wasn't really part of the offense.

The final tally showed 13 plays that produced 99 yards. That's 7.6 yards per play. The Giants gained 2.9 yards per play on their other 51 offensive snaps.

There's a breakdown of a number of Beckham plays that Manning could have made for gains and well he just didn't. There's no doubt he was shook for most of the second half.

There's also some breakdown on just how terrible Bradford was. Especially with his interception. Once of which while he had several open receivers.

19023377-standard.png

Finally there's this bit:

The dropoff from cornerbacks Prince Amukamara to Jayron Hosley is significant. And it's evident in the run and pass game. Don't think it's completely coincidental the Giants allowed their first 100-yard rusher in their first game without Amukamara.

Hosley and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie just aren't a great pairing against the run. Hosley was dominated by the Eagles' receivers on the edge. Philadelphia ran eight times for 45 yards to the left edge where Hosley was stationed, sometimes being pushed 8-10 yards downfield.

I've often noted the importance of having both Amukamara and DRC on he field and even moreso I've mentioned how great Prince is at getting physical. He's not afraid to mix it up in the run game and Ranaan highlights the lack of said physicality in the article.

Hosely on coverage during the Cooper TD (completely out of position as I said during the game)

19023382-standard.png

Coughlin:

"We've got a player in a half-field coverage right there for the ball and just doesn't play the ball," Coughlin said on Tuesday. "The safety from the other side of the field comes over and almost gets a hand on it, but the person who's back in that deep-half does not defend the ball in the air. It probably should have been intercepted, to be honest with you."

No offense Future and other NFC East-bros, but I don't know if I can stomach many more NFC East games. I know it's all about the market size but that division pumps out some consistently awful primetime games, and they get soooooo many of them.

No offense Future and other NFC East-bros, but I don't know if I can stomach many more NFC East games. I know it's all about the market size but that division pumps out some consistently awful primetime games, and they get soooooo many of them.

No they've been pretty shit. I don't blame you at all. I thought the Cowboys/Giants game to open the season was the most "ok" of the bunch primarily for the ending but even it featured a high level of fuckery as the Giants handed that game over at the end.

The Skins/Giants game was awful.
This Eagles/Giants game was one of the worst I've ever sat through (no hyperbole, it was that bad)

It's rough going, no doubt. No offense to you either but if Giants/Dolphins makes it onto prime time MNF.....LOL.

It's a shame there aren't enough good rivalries. That's what happens after you shift the divisions around and add new franchises I suppose.

It's rough going, no doubt. No offense to you either but if Giants/Dolphins makes it onto prime time MNF.....LOL.
Outside of the Pats on TNF (on my birthday, no less) that MNF game is all we Dolphins fans get for primetime games. :(

I think Giants/Dolphins is a more intriguing matchup than any interdivisional NFC East game! Not that I'm biased or anything, haha.

BigAT

Don't feel bad, we (at least Giants fans) don't want them on during primetime either.

I remember one time in the 90s I watched an episode of Dragon Ball Z. The entire episode was just Goku standing in front of some joker while two other guys grimaced about how powerful they were. Goku finally says "Are you ready" or some shit, then the announcer starts up "ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF DRAGON BALL Z..." What the fuck? Nothing happened!

I talked to a friend of mine about it who was bonkers for anime at the time and he said that it was a filler episode because the anime hadn't caught up to the manga yet. So it was literally a waste of time. Never bothered with Anime after that.

Years later my cousin was raving about Naruto and told me the same thing, when you cut out the filler (and apparently there's a lot) it's really great. How anyone has time to waste waiting for something to happen like that is beyond me.

Top Bottom