• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 7 |OT| - A Fraud Swings His Gate

It's a shame there aren't enough good rivalries. That's what happens after you shift the divisions around and add new franchises I suppose.
The problem is the NFL is expecting these games to be of the quality that the division used to put out as recently as even 2010. Remember Giants/Eagles in 2008 on MNF? Giants/Cowboys in '09 to open the stadium? Boys/Eagles 2008? Hell even Cowboys/Giants 2011 for the division. Those were great games. Meaningful games.

The problem today is that even meaningful games like Giants/Eagles feature two mediocre teams that can barely attain a mediocre level of play for a variety of reasons.

They have no business being on prime time, but it gets numbers for better or worse.

Nah, that died with Suggs. Ravens are a shell of their former self, same as the 49ers.

Maybe Pats/Broncos or Packers/Seahawks.

Ravens Steelers is on its last breath but I don't think there's a better one currently.

Packers/Seahawks is pretty good but so infrequent. Brady owns Manning so thoroughly I can't even call that a rivalry.

Peyton Manning vs. Father Time

That's not a rivalry. Father time always wins.

Sanjuro

The problem is the NFL is expecting these games to be of the quality that the division used to put out as recently as even 2010. Remember Giants/Eagles in 2008 on MNF? Giants/Cowboys in '09 to open the stadium? Boys/Eagles 2008? Hell even Cowboys/Giants 2011 for the division. Those were great games. Meaningful games.

The problem today is that even meaningful games like Giants/Eagles feature two mediocre teams that can barely attain a mediocre level of play for a variety of reasons.

They have no business being on prime time, but it gets numbers for better or worse.

The NFL can pretty much get away with almost anything in prime time nowadays.

damn yo
gdW43Yx.png

Godslay

Banned
Ravens Steelers is on its last breath but I don't think there's a better one currently.

Packers/Seahawks is pretty good but so infrequent. Brady owns Manning so thoroughly I can't even call that a rivalry.

That's not a rivalry. Father time always wins.

Sure. This is the final battle determine if Manning goes out on top and retires or if Father Time drops the Kamehameha on him on the field.

Tune in next time on BroncosBall QB...

jakncoke

Banned
Jak should give up booze for a month so he can afford a PS4.

I have enough, I just dont feel the need to have one atm. I dont game enough to justify buying a current gen console. I'll prob get a SNES or genesis again or both before I get a ps4

Sure. This is the final battle determine if Manning goes out on top and retires or if Father Time drops the Kamehameha on him on the field.

Tune in next time on BroncosBall QB...

That's just it, Manning is already dead!

The question remains, is the Broncos defense strong enough to carry Manning's carcass to the top of the mountain?

Godslay

Banned
That's just it, Manning is already dead!

The question remains, is the Broncos defense strong enough to carry Manning's carcass to the top of the mountain?

We'll find out soon enough.

If they look competitive in this coming half of the season, we've got a shot. If we get torn up by some of these offenses then I'll be less than confident, especially if the offense doesn't get it's legs underneath it.

Wait and see type of deal.

bionic77

I have enough, I just dont feel the need to have one atm. I dont game enough to justify buying a current gen console. I'll prob get a SNES or genesis again or both before I get a ps4
My PS4 is a pretty fabulous Netflix and YouTube player with the occasionally DVD and Bluray thrown in.

Current gen gaming is kind of bleh. The stuff I like most is from Nintendo and I don't really have time to play it.

Sanjuro

Bartending school?

Really just fucking with you, but I've never understood that level of drunk, especially on what seems like a fairly normal basis for you. Too many things to do to start my days fucked up

Hah. I've considered that for a part time thing maybe a few nights. Seems like all you really have to do is educate yourself, and pay some fee for a license which you can obtain online.

I don't too often. Usually will go out once a week. This summer I did a bit more when I was in New Hampshire. Right now, I've just been really stressing about just finding the right fit for employment. Not fun.

brentech

Hah. I've considered that for a part time thing maybe a few nights. Seems like all you really have to do is educate yourself, and pay some fee for a license which you can obtain online.

I don't too often. Usually will go out once a week. This summer I did a bit more when I was in New Hampshire. Right now, I've just been really stressing about just finding the right fit for employment. Not fun.

I had a teacher in high school that did bar tending on the weekends and made more money doing that.....buttttttt, he totaled two cars on the way home from that job because of all the extra drinking.
He was a math teacher, ex Navy cargo airplane pilot in his mid/late twenties at the time.

Sanjuro

I had a teacher in high school that did bar tending on the weekends and made more money doing that.....buttttttt, he totaled two cars on the way home from that job because of all the extra drinking.
He was a math teacher, ex Navy cargo airplane pilot in his mid/late twenties at the time.

Yeah, there is a girl I used to know that did the same thing. Her other career was in law. She went through cars like pieces of PEZ.

Seems like reasonable work outside of nonsense. The professor I spoke with last evening candidly told me how little she makes on campus. Still can't comprehend how some do it.

MechDX

Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran · 10m10 minutes ago
Lamping said Colts and Texans just two of many teams who are interested in playing "at" #jaguars in London.

Divisional games in London? McNair doing coke with Irsay.

Dumb

I get what you're saying but divisional games? Would you like to play the Pats in London?

No I agree it's stupid but that's important for good teams. For us bottom dwellers it doesn't really matter, we'll suck no matter the time zone or continent. (Just ask the bills) The jets almost ruined the whole thing too by trying to lose but luckily we out sucked them.

Top Bottom