• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 7 |OT| - A Fraud Swings His Gate

I'll go on record saying you've seen Kap's best. He got teams to the championship game, got them to a Super Bowl, got them to goal territory, got them to a run away from being winners...and passed. From that moment you knew that this team with this QB and this staff was never going all the way.

He will never get that close again anywhere. You've seen Kap's best. And it wasn't good enough.

cdyhybrid

Oh right sorry I forgot, there's no such thing as middle ground anymore on NFLGAF. Only awesome or fuckball.

Whatever was I thinking?! FOOTBALL SUCKS!

I still don't know where you're getting this.

You were playing one of the worst offenses in the league and still couldn't make anything happen. The two picks were gifts on awful decisions by Russell, and 3 sacks are a given with our OL even against high school defenses.

You even let us score in the second half. Just a bad performance all around.

Edit: Speaking of hyperbole:

See, I have a problem with this attitude. It essentially states that unless you have a Top 10 OL, it's a huge problem.

No, it doesn't. We had a low-teens at BEST OL the last two seasons and were good enough to win the Super Bowl. Good play is good play, regardless of where you rank.

LevelNth

Banned
No, it doesn't. We had a low-teens at BEST OL the last two seasons and were good enough to win the Super Bowl. Good play is good play, regardless of where you rank.
Actually this is my point, I agree with you. Too often people think that if the OL isn't Top 10 it's awful and a huge problem, but many teams have won with average to poor lines, Seattle being the most recent example.

Kap is a bigger problem to the OL than the OL is to themselves.

jakncoke

Banned
I am very curious when kas will give up on stafford this thread will be different. Im sure no doubt he'll treat his next so called prodigy like stafford though

cdyhybrid

Actually this is my point, I agree with you. Too often people think that if the OL isn't Top 10 it's awful and a huge problem, but many teams have won with average to poor lines, Seattle being the most recent example.

Kap is a bigger problem to the OL than the OL is to themselves.

Yeah, except both of our lines are bad. Not because they rank low, but because they don't play like they're supposed to.

Alvin Bailey turning into a matador is bad regardless of whether it shows up on the stat sheet or not.

LevelNth

Banned
Yeah, except both of our lines are bad. Not because they rank low, but because they don't play like they're supposed to.

Alvin Bailey turning into a matador is bad regardless of whether it shows up on the stat sheet or not.
I wouldn't disagree with that. I think Seattle's is worse, we at least have a very solid left side.

Both QB's do stuff to make it worse, but at least Wilson makes the occasional play doing it as well. Kap is just panicking and making horrible reads pre or post, and the talent isn't there right now to mask all of those problems consistently.

The time has come for us unfortunately. I still think there's hope for Tannehill though, I wouldn't write him off yet.

See, I have a problem with this attitude. It essentially states that unless you have a Top 10 OL, it's a huge problem. Now, I'm not saying the Niners have a great OL. Heck, it might not even be good (the right side is a problem), but it's not near the worst in the league. The only numbers supporting that it's bad are sacks, and that's super deceiving right now.

Look at the game Thursday. Kap is so ridiculously panicky behind the line he's screwing over himself. He has no feel for the pocket, and scrambles around like an idiot, often running into rushers or putting his OL in spots they could not predict or block to.

The OL can get better for sure, but the left side is awesome, and Kap's complete inability to throw is allowing teams to tee off more than normal.

Saying the OL is a huge issue is doing a complete disservice to their play, especially considering Kap's decisions and horrendous pre-snap reads (ie. none at all) make it all look way worse than it is.

the OL IS a huge issue. they are the worst offensive line in the league. i don't absolve kap from his terrible play, but there were plays where kap was sacked before he hit his 3rd step on a 3 step drop and the person who sacked him WAS LITERALLY NOT TOUCHED! keep in mind, these were DL sacks! not some elaborate blitz/stunt.

beyond their issues in pass protection, take a look at the run blocking. it's god awful. hyde is getting hit in the backfield (before the line of scrimmage) more than any RB in the league BY A WIDE MARGIN. marcus martin is by far the worst center in the league by any metric you want to use, and the issues start there. the right side of the line is awful but it's not like boone/staley aren't making mistakes either.

Stop. Our D played well Thursday. Our pass rush is nuked so that's hurting the secondary, but that was to be expected. Considering they got zero help from the offense, had to go right back out 6 times after three and outs and still kept the Hawks under 400 yards and only 20 points is a huge win.

The D is not Top 10 anymore, but it's nowhere near the worst.

I honestly feel like too many people underestimate how much horrendous QB play can destroy an entire team.

As for the OL, I already argued it. It's plain wrong to say they are one of the worst.

are you serious?? you think our defense played well on thursday? lol jesus, and you want to talk about kap defenders being delusional? our defense was fucking TERRIBLE on thursday. yes we had 2 picks and 5 sacks (like 4 out of the 5 sacks came after the game was out of reach). the seahawks basically moved the ball on us at will. the first seahawks drive of the game they didn't even have a 3rd down until they reached the redzone! there were seahawks receivers open all night. absolutely pathetic showing by our defense. it wasn't as bad as our offense played, but if that is your standard for "playing well" then you have a very low bar for defense.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Steve Young on Kap. That article applies to all qb's.

Watching Colin, two full games and some snippets, I feel like Young is right in that it's not second nature for him. He's thinking about every little thing when he plays. From his reads, to the protection, to his mechanics. He's a mess right now. Can a coach run a simplified offense in which he excels? Yes. But he'll never be great unless he puts in extra work during the offseason.

Hey NFL-GAF, I have a stupid question:

What's a good site for live sports scores? ESPN used to be decent for this, but their new layout is trash and I'm fed up with it. NFL.com is decent for NFL stuff, but it turns out there are other sports.

Malalaw

Hey NFL-GAF, I have a stupid question:

What's a good site for live sports scores? ESPN used to be decent for this, but their new layout is trash and I'm fed up with it. NFL.com is decent for NFL stuff, but it turns out there are other sports.

As far as sites go I'm not sure, but the Score app is amazing.

Eleuin

Good afternoon

Afternoon sir. How are you?
giphy.gif

rando14

Omg PLS, UW is playing Stanford on ESPN tonight....?? The whole nation boutta witness my boys gettin clowned on, faaaaaack!! *room spinning

Cdy ... catch me when I faint from humilation !! I don't deserve this pain!!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Omg PLS, UW is playing Stanford on ESPN tonight....?? The whole nation boutta witness my boys gettin clowned on, faaaaaack!! *room spinning

Speaking of Stanford, which NFL team takes a flyer on Barry Sanders Jr?

cdyhybrid

And Browning might not play...even if he does, it's a shoulder injury, so he probably won't be 100%.

Defense has to put up a HOF-worthy performance to even have a shot.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Tyler Murphy promoted to the 53 as the backup to Landry. Firstly, this means Ben is out. Secondly, Cortez Allen's sorry ass was put on the ir. Total waste of money. Should have just cut his glass ass.

Top Bottom