• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 9 |OT| - A Fraud Had Some Nice Shoes

Yeah really. If you're a playoff team that needs a qb I'd grab Cutler. Can't build a team around him but for a year or two he'd be worth it while you develop someone else

Jets aren't anywhere near the playoffs with Geno or hurt Fitz, at least healthy Cutler would give them a chance

MechDX

My understanding is that while reports put Ken Whisenhunt's deal with the #Titans at 5 years and $25M that it's actually closer to $30M--Twitter

How is Ken supposed to survive?

Dragon

Banned
cutler and playoffs don't go together

You think Cutler is worse than Geno Smith? I just want you to go on record here. Geno Smith, the guy that wouldn't even start on a top 10 college team and had a shitacular year last year.

You think Cutler is worse than Geno Smith? I just want you to go on record here. Geno Smith, the guy that wouldn't even start on a top 10 college team and had a shitacular year last year.

Geno Smith, the guy who was out for almost 2 months because his teammate punched him, and not only was the locker room not supportive of him for getting punched, but the team wound up winning games without him

I'm kind of with you... but try to imagine this scenario:

"New York Jets trade for Jay Cutler mid-season, go on to win Super Bowl."

I just re-read that and 27 red flags went off in my head.

Dragon

Banned

Yeah he's not a great QB. He's better than anything the Jets have and the way the AFC is with three top heavy teams and a bunch of drek, the Jets could surely make the playoffs with him.

this_guy

I am putting this one on Poop Hamilton more than Pagano, our draws aren't bad calls but they have some of the worst execution I've ever seen. Slow as fuck and the defense is already sitting on them to stuff them. They basically waste a down because of how poor they run them.

Poop is so bad. His scheme is bland, dry, and predictable. I feel like he bought a book on power running and west coast offense off Amazon, applied for an NFL job, and somehow got in. Grigson and Poop are dumb shits that don't realize that speed doesn't matter for anything under 20yds. We had freaking Andre Johnson and Griff Whalen getting open late in the game solely off their route running. Why call these routes with rounded corners that don't get guys open? No crossing routes or slants to get guys open to help and get the ball out fast? I'm just dumbfounded. No play action either. The offense just has a terrible flow to it, and we still underutilized what we have. Luck looked good when he was calling things at LOS, and getting into the rhythm, but I'm not sure that matters when we wait till the 4th Q to look like an NFL offense.

I don't see a lot of Colts games, but it seems like Luck likes to force the ball deep even when someone is wide open underneath. That's great for the occasional bomb to T.Y. Hilton, but sometimes it's better to just keep the drive going. Andre Johnson still looks serviceable if he were to be used more.

MechDX

You peaked my curiosity. Please explain in detail each of these 27 red flags.

Geno Smith, the guy whose job security depended on not being noticeably worse than Old Man Fitz, and managed to be so much worse than merely "noticeably"

ampere

The biggest problem with Cutler has got to be his absurd contract. He'd probably be an OK QB for a team if he got paid a reasonable amount

RELAYER

Banned
If Atlanta can't beat a Blaine Gabbert lead 49ers team...
I'll need my own desalination plant.

Can't beat anybody with 3-4 turnovers and 100+ yards in penalties every weekend. Can't wait to hear Quinn talk about how tough we are and how Gabbert is "such a competitor" in the press conference afterwards. Maybe they ought to cut out the Tupac jam sessions in practice and learn how to hike a fucking ball.

That said, I fully expect the refs to screw us some more this weekend for Gabby's big game.

Kinda surprised to see Whisenhunt fired. Titans suck but I feel there needs to be bigger changes than just the head coach. Perhaps even an ownership change.
Harry, Ken was 3-32 last three years and I think that includes San Diego. Truthfully everyone should be dismissed. GM too

Browns are probably going to realize they're not going to get what they want for Thomas and go back to the Bronco's deal and pull the trigger at the last moment.
One thing to think about is that we don't have have to trade Thomas. Its not like he's a troubled player or we have to get rid of him. He's a pro bowl player signed to 2018, trading him would probably just make more holes anyway. But it appears we want more assets for draft
#FireFarmer
. so it's not one of those situations were we should get desperate and sell low. I personally might be fine with a 1st and 3rd?

*pukes

jbug617

Banned
Coldplay, how are you enjoying Valkyria Chronicles

I knew you like anime.

Valkyria.Chronicles.full.1078987.jpg

Harry, Ken was 3-32 last three years and I think that includes San Diego. Truthfully everyone should be dismissed. GM too
Understandable. I just feel like he needed at least one more year before being let go. I don't think Belichick would've fared better with the QBs the Titans had in 2014.

Of course I haven't really watched the Titans like you have so there's probably more to Ken that I'm not seeing as an outsider.

harSon

Banned
LOL!!!!!! The 49ers are going to start Blaine Gabbert over Kaepernick hahhaha!!!!

The Jaguars can't wait to see how that works.

Feel the misery/pain 49er fans...

I told you guys back in 2012 how Kaepernick's career would play out

@timkawakami
The 4 non-Harbaugh coaches hired by the Yorks have combined to go 48-88 with no playoff berths in 9 seasons (counting this one).

#Pray4FMT #JedYorkStupidBiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

Crisco

Banned
Not enough appreciation for this play by Cam,

camrun.0.gif

As big and physical as he is, while still being able to move like that, it's just incredible. He could played any sport he wanted, thank Tebow he chose football!

Understandable. I just feel like he needed at least one more year before being let go. I don't think Belichick would've fared better with the QBs the Titans had in 2014.

Bellichek had Cassell. Locker was about the same as him. But having to use 2nd, 3rd string OL's sucked too. Bad decisions made by the GM's and Ken took the hit. I see Ken more as a coordinator or a QB coach than the head coach. Malarkey getting another chance.

MechDX

camrun.0.gif

As big and physical as he is, while still being able to move like that, it's just incredible. He could played any sport he wanted, thank Tebow he chose football!

I give Cam shit for his stupid celebrations but he did play good last night. I just don't know if I would want my franchise QB taking the hits he does.

Word is that Broncos want Thomas in the worst way, Browns staying high on demands.
We'll see what happens ....
Kave knows this is a legit post!

Colasante

A fun one to watch: #Patriots have interest in #Titans CB Jason McCourty to pair him with his twin, Devin. Alas, deal not expected right now

Come the fuck on, Titans. Take the 5th round pick and be done with it.

MRSA

Banned
Word is that Broncos want Thomas in the worst way, Browns staying high on demands.
We'll see what happens ....
Kave those this is a legit post!

You have to look at the fact that a 1st rounder from Denver is basically a high second round pick. So its understandable why they want more (although they'd blow it on Trent Truck 2.0).

ampere

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/o87rYPb_VCIxwRcWg7g3uCvT7rI=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4223511/camrun.0.gif[IMG]

As big and physical as he is, while still being able to move like that, it's just incredible. He could played any sport he wanted, thank Tebow he chose football![/QUOTE]

He does that shit all the time too. Very talented guy, but big injury risk on those plays

[quote="Colasante, post: 184031066"]Come the fuck on, Titans. Take the 5th round pick and be done with it.[/QUOTE]

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

plzzzz

Crisco

Banned
I give Cam shit for his stupid celebrations but he did play good last night. I just don't know if I would want my franchise QB taking the hits he does.

I've watched a lot NFL football, and I've seen guys half Cam's size take bigger hits while standing in the pocket than anything Cam endures while running. If Cam ever suffers an injury that keeps him out for a significant amount of time, it'll be in the pocket, not plowing into DBs or linebackers with his upper body.

Dragon

Banned
I've watched a lot NFL football, and I've seen guys half Cam's size take bigger hits while standing in the pocket than anything Cam endures while running. If Cam ever suffers an injury that keeps him out for a significant amount of time, it'll be in the pocket, not plowing into DBs or linebackers with his upper body.

I'd be more worried about Cam's league worst completion percentage than the physicality.

MechDX

I'd be more worried about Cam's league worst completion percentage than the physicality.

I don't watch a lot of Cam but the two games I have seen this year he isn't that inaccurate. he has shit for wide receivers. Complete and utter shit.

What he could do with a player like DeAndre Hopkins is awesome to think of.

5th? :jnc

My first thought. Titans are in a position of power in this deal. Just send the 2nd to the Titans and get it over with. Not like Bill uses early round picks anyway

Top Bottom