• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 9 |OT| - A Fraud Had Some Nice Shoes

Crisco

Banned
So he's a hillbilly racist because he dared to criticize Cam?
Amazing.

Nah, and I was just venting against the general criticism Cam has faced since entering the league. Can't read defenses, immature, not accurate, not a good leader, lazy, etc..... If you don't think at least some of that is racially motivated, you haven't been paying attention.

WedgeX

Banned
Detroit sports media have begun calling for the NFL to take a more...involved role...in helping the Lions suck less.

Any good candidates out there next year for GMs? Whole coaching staffs?

@Rand_Getlin
I'm told the #Browns are preparing QB Johnny Manziel to start, on the road, against the undefeated #Bengals, on a short week. Brutal task.

What a clusterfuck

Put's up great stats: WHERE ARE THE WINS

Goes 7-0: WHERE ARE THE STATS

I mean, it's whatever. Cam can be the worst quarterback of all time and if he's winning, I give not a single shit.

Ain't that the truth.
You guys get it.

Cam is flawed but I also think you can't evaluate him like other QBs. His athleticism and size are special enough to cover up some of his issues with passing mechanics. Dude is just a unique specimen.

That said, he's not my favorite style of QB. I'd rather have a guy who is a more traditional pocket passer and doesn't run as much, but that's really just personal preference.

Gobias

Banned
The moment yall have been waiting for

The unveiling

4qdT1Qk.png

Steelers would be last without jak

Hunter S.

A good description of what Elway does for the Broncos.

By trading away a pair of draft picks for an established Pro Bowler, general manager John Elway announced yet again that as long he's running the show, the Broncos will never be OK with being OK.

Elway doesn't lay up. He hits driver off the fairway.

2012: Win a playoff game, ditch the quarterback. Sign Peyton Manning.

2013: Win 11 straight to close the regular season. Sign Terrance Knighton, Louis Vasquez, Wes Welker.

2014: Advanced to, and lose in, the Super Bowl. Sign Aqib Talib, T.J. Ward, DeMarcus Ware and Emmanuel Sanders.

2015: Win four division titles and, ahem, part ways with the coaching staff.

Keenan Allen done for the season:

Michael Gehlken
‏@UTgehlken
It's official: Chargers WR Keenan Allen out for year, source says. Lacerated kidney. Headed to IR. But expected to make a full recovery.

Spinluck

This is something a talking head says who just reads stat sheets and doesn't actually watch the games. Cam's accuracy issues are overblown and always have been. With good receivers and an offense that focuses more on short-intermediate routes rather than just deep shots off play action, he'd be a 65%+ passer without changing a single thing about the way he throws the ball.

What, Dragon please don't turn me into a Cam defender. I watched him throw to guys who were covered last night. Pin point throws into man coverage, granted his receivers have to make the play, those throws were really good (even though we suck at man). Although he threw a few shit balls but what QB doesn't?

That said a 54% completion is no bueno. Yeah you are winning but that will reveal itself to be a problem in the future.

Dragon

Banned
What, Dragon please don't turn me into a Cam defender. I watched him throw to guys who were covered last night. Pin point throws into man coverage, granted his receivers have to make the play, those throws were really good (even though we suck at man). Although he threw a few shit balls but what QB doesn't?

That said a 54% completion is no bueno. Yeah you are winning but that will reveal itself to be a problem in the future.

Dont' know why you quoted him but mentioned me! I had to ignore the dude, calling me a hillbilly because I live in Charlotte, da fuck, so consider the conversation over.

Spinluck

Nah, and I was just venting against the general criticism Cam has faced since entering the league. Can't read defenses, immature, not accurate, not a good leader, lazy, etc..... If you don't think at least some of that is racially motivated, you haven't been paying attention.

The immature thing was definitely true for a while. He seems much better at composing himself now though. I do get the color thing, because when Brady screams like a bitch or yells at a coach/player it's looked at as some sort of passion for the game or competitive fire. When in truth, it's just bitching.

Spinluck

Dont' know why you quoted him but mentioned me! I had to ignore the dude, calling me a hillbilly because I live in Charlotte, da fuck, so consider the conversation over.

It was an accident.

But yeah, I'm not sure what the hillbilly thing had to do with anything. If you're gonna throw that card anytime someone wants to criticize Cam's game then have fun...

You are a Pats fan but I've seen no signs of you being openly racist like Ez
yet.
Cam was definitely whiney when coming into the league though, if he's gonna bring that up.

BigAT

"But if this Court holds that it does, how will the government explain registrations like MARIJUANA FOR SALE, CAPITALISM SUCKS DONKEY BALLS, LICENSED SERIAL KILLER, YID DISH, DIRTY WHOOORE CLOTHING COMPANY, and MURDER 4 HIRE?"

Do you think they filed that registration only after dealing with the disappointment of finding out that "DIRTY WHORE CLOTHING COMPANY" AND "DIRTY WHOORE CLOTHING COMPANY" were already taken?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Oh ok. I guess so then. Browns-GAF can Thomas play center or guard? If so, I would still take him.

Joe Thomas can play whatever the hell he wants. Ask ez, he'll confirm.

Word is that Broncos want Thomas in the worst way, Browns staying high on demands.
We'll see what happens ....
Kave knows this is a legit post!

I am Kave Man and I endorse this post.

@Rand_Getlin
I'm told the #Browns are preparing QB Johnny Manziel to start, on the road, against the undefeated #Bengals, on a short week. Brutal task.

What a clusterfuck

Clusterfuck? I never knew having your backup QB be prepared to start because your starter is injured is a clusterfuck.

Oh wait sorry lolbrowns, I forgot.

Dragon

Banned
It was an accident.

But yeah, I'm not sure what the hillbilly thing had to do with anything. If you're gonna throw that card anytime someone wants to criticize Cam's game then have fun...

You are a Pats fan but I've seen no signs of you being openly racist like Ez
yet.
Cam was definitely whiney when coming into the league though, if he's gonna bring that up.

Cam was 21 years old when he entered the league. It's perfectly acceptable to be whiny and immature at that age! I'm still whiny and immature and I'm 12 years older!

Yeah not worth talking to someone who throws the racist card and tells me I'm not watching the games, which is not a defense for shit accuracy.

Bread

Banned
So, basically if I write the Broncos are one of the most successful teams since hiring Elway. Your response is always, so what, no ultimate trophy. You have a very negative way of thinking about most things, I guess.
You can thank Peyton for all that success

Say what you will but as a fan of a perennial loser franchise I think it's commendable what Elway is doing with the Broncos. Most GMs wouldn't rock the boat after a SB appearance regardless of outcome, yet he went so far as to change the entire coaching staff in hopes of getting the team over the hump.

It's high risk/high reward but I'd rather see that than settling for mediocrity or worse every season.

Spinluck

Say what you will but as a fan of a perennial loser franchise I think it's commendable what Elway is doing with the Broncos. Most GMs wouldn't rock the boat after a SB appearance regardless of outcome, yet he went so far as to change the entire coaching staff in hopes of getting the team over the hump.

It's high risk/high reward but I'd rather see that than settling for mediocrity or worse every season.

Yup

Elway has been a great GM.

Drakeon

We both also really, really wanted that to be true.

Lucky for us, it was, and now we can sit back and watch it burn.

Let's not pretend this is 100% on Kap. I'm not going to sit here and defend him, he's been awful, but the 49ers also got rid of their best Coach since Seifert, for seemingly no reason, who was in large part responsible for Kap's success. They also had the worst off season in terms of losing talent that I've ever seen for any team (no one planned for four retirements).

I think Kap could be successful, he certainly showed flashes of that in 2012 and 2013. It's clear that he can't be successful with the coaching staff in place for the 49ers currently (his oline is also trash, but I'm not going to blame his failure entirely on them, he shares the blame). I'm assuming they move on from him after this year and cut him.

MechDX

Exactly!

Texans are a good example of this. You're 3-5 and tied for first in your shitty division. You can look at it one of two ways:

1) Even with a shitty record you can still win the division and make the playoffs so do something to better your team

2) You have a shitty record trade off some assets and build up picks for the future.

But they choose to do nothing and stuck in a mediocrity circle that never ends. For the shit myself and others gave Irsay and grigson for the Richardson trade at least they made a choice and reacted.

Shit or get off the damn pot

Top Bottom