• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 9 |OT| - A Fraud Had Some Nice Shoes

The moment yall have been waiting for

The unveiling

4qdT1Qk.png

Never understood Titans hiring Whisenhunt and giving him so much power. Munchak had team playing pretty well even with shitty QBs. I think the new ownership just wanted a fresh start.

Crisco

Banned
I'd be more worried about Cam's league worst completion percentage than the physicality.

Why? We're 7-0 and the offense is averaging ~27 points a game with defense that gives up far less than that. When we've needed Cam to make plays with his arm, he's delivered while throwing to one of worst WR corps ever assembled. Completion percentage is a completely manginess number without any context.

jbug617

Banned
Keenan Allen could be out for the year.

@AdamSchefter: Chargers' WR Keenan Allen underwent a kidney procedure – not a surgery – and could be out for season, per league sources. 2015 uncertain.

Revolver

Just heard the news about the Titans firing Whiz. Can't say I'm disappointed as he's been a disaster. I was hopeful when he got hired because he seemed like a change of direction this team needed. Boy was I wrong. He made me actually miss Munchak.

Harry, Ken was 3-32 last three years and I think that includes San Diego. Truthfully everyone should be dismissed. GM too

I'm hoping Webster is about to get his walking papers too. I heard a bit of the press conference and apparently ol' Ruston wasn't on the podium. I think I heard Underwood say that Amy Adams would be hiring the next coach. Ouch.

rando14

OMG those leaked Fallout 4 vids!! Man the music sounds so much better, and FUCK all those jerks on Gaming side complaining about the graphics!! *hot and bothered

https://vid.me/eMBR

Atmosphere in that video is A++

How am I gonna find time to play this, FUUUUU.......ck!!

Dragon

Banned
Why? We're 7-0 and the offense is averaging ~27 points a game with defense that gives up far less than that. When we've needed Cam to make plays with his arm, he's delivered while throwing to one of worst WRs corp ever assembled. Completion percentage is a completely manginess number without any context.

Yeah uh, 54% in today's game is putrid. The fact he can extend plays and get first downs by running is obviously important. And yeah, we know some of the reason why it's so low. His receivers are awful and they have a high drop percentage but accuracy is one of Cam's weaknesses and has been his entire career. It's not just all on his receivers. I think it'd be a concern.

Keenan Allen news sucks

Sounded like they were seriously worried about his mental state.

Deadspin said:
We get tips at Deadspin. We find some to be true; we find some to be bogus. A few weeks ago, we received some interesting information about Cowboys running back Joseph Randle. We want to figure out if it's in the former category.

We can't reveal much, but if the tip's true, it would somewhat explain why Randle was caught stealing cologne and underwear back in October. Anyway, if you have any information about Randle or other Cowboys players, drop us a line. Or drop me a line.

uh

j-wood

I hope Mularkey can turn this team around this season. It's true we are only 1.5 games out of first place. Yeah yeah, I know, AFCS is the worst division in the NFL but it is what it is.

I really wish we hadn't fired Fisher. I think he is still an exceptional coach. Alot of people will say he could only coach to mediocrity. But you know what? How much of that was having a terrible roster, and coaching well enough to get the best out of those players, leading to you being mediocre because they are average players. You'll never get high draft picks because of that, and so you are stuck as average. Not necessarily the coaches fault there.

The titans were a great team under Fisher. Then we had to salary cap purge, and we got stuck with a mediocre roster with mid round draft picks. That's what happened to this team. So we blamed fisher, fired him, and not we are really going to shit.

Crisco

Banned
Yeah uh, 54% in today's game is putrid. The fact he can extend plays and get first downs by running is obviously important. And yeah, we know some of the reason why it's so low. His receivers are awful and they have a high drop percentage but accuracy is one of Cam's weaknesses and has been his entire career. It's not just all on his receivers. I think it'd be a concern.

This is something a talking head says who just reads stat sheets and doesn't actually watch the games. Cam's accuracy issues are overblown and always have been. With good receivers and an offense that focuses more on short-intermediate routes rather than just deep shots off play action, he'd be a 65%+ passer without changing a single thing about the way he throws the ball.

Dragon

Banned
This is something a talking head says who just reads stat sheets and doesn't actually watch the games. Cam's accuracy issues are overblown and always have been. With good receivers and an offense that focuses more on short-intermediate routes rather than just deep shots off play action, he'd be a 65%+ passer without changing a single thing about the way he throws the ball.

I live in Charlotte. I watch the games. I think you're being dismissive and defensive for no reason. If you think a 54% completion percentage in today's NFL isn't a problem then fine. I think you're wrong.

harSon

Banned
well i'll be damned

:D

Why do people always fall for this shit?

There are so many cases where a team's starting QB goes out with injury, and the 2nd string QB comes in and has success, only to find out that they actually suck a few games down the line or the following season.

Alex Smith wasn't ruled out until yesterday (or today), so the Bears had to game plan for both him and Kaepernick. They probably spent more time game planning for Alex considering he didn't have a history of concussions, and players typically bounce back from them by the next game, especially with the added day of rest. So not only do you have a team who likely game planned mostly for Alex, but game planning against Kaepernick is going to be difficult considering there's little to no tape of him at the professional level.

Once he gets a few games under his belt, teams will be able to properly game plan against the guy. Once that happens, a defense is going to figure him out, effectively creating a blue print on how to defeat him that all future opponents will adhere too. And at that point, he'll begin to look like the inexperienced and mediocre 2nd string QB that he likely is.

It happens every fucking season, and yet people still fall for it.

Crisco

Banned
I live in Charlotte. I watch the games. I think you're being dismissive and defensive for no reason. If you think a 54% completion percentage in today's NFL isn't a problem then fine. I think you're wrong.

Well Cam's biggest critics have always been the hillbillies who live in Charlotte. They want a QB with the same game and skin color as Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. That's not Cam and that's not the offense we run. 54% completion percentage would be a problem if we were throwing the ball 50 times a game and he had a ton of picks to go along with it, but that's not the case. When your offense consists mostly of power runs and deep passes to below average receivers, the numbers are never going to look good. People need to stop evaluating Cam based on traditional QB stats, it simply doesn't tell the whole story.

Line_HTX

OMG those leaked Fallout 4 vids!! Man the music sounds so much better, and FUCK all those jerks on Gaming side complaining about the graphics!! *hot and bothered

https://vid.me/eMBR

Atmosphere in that video is A++

How am I gonna find time to play this, FUUUUU.......ck!!

Hope you get that Mountain Dew Black Ops III GAME FUEL for your test!

Bowser

Meh. Would I prefer he complete 65% of his passes? Sure (I think he'd be close to 60% without the drops anyway). Does he sometimes still struggle with his mechanics? Yes. But at the end of the day, it working and we're winning.

BTW, everyone lauds Luck as the next elite QB (prior to this season and even still to an extent), and his career completion % is nearly a full point lower than Cam's (58.1 to 59.0).

Colasante

I hope Mularkey can turn this team around this season. It's true we are only 1.5 games out of first place. Yeah yeah, I know, AFCS is the worst division in the NFL but it is what it is.

I really wish we hadn't fired Fisher. I think he is still an exceptional coach. Alot of people will say he could only coach to mediocrity. But you know what? How much of that was having a terrible roster, and coaching well enough to get the best out of those players, leading to you being mediocre because they are average players. You'll never get high draft picks because of that, and so you are stuck as average. Not necessarily the coaches fault there.

The titans were a great team under Fisher. Then we had to salary cap purge, and we got stuck with a mediocre roster with mid round draft picks. That's what happened to this team. So we blamed fisher, fired him, and not we are really going to shit.

Oh-really-gif_1.gif

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 13s13 seconds ago
#Browns are motivated sellers. I’m told they’d be willing to pay some of OLB Paul Kruger’s (prorated) $7M salary to complete a deal.

Browns bribing teams to take their players.

RELAYER

Banned
Well Cam's biggest critics have always been the hillbillies who live in Charlotte. They want a QB with the same game and skin color as Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. That's not Cam and that's not the offense we run. 54% completion percentage would be a problem if we were throwing the ball 50 times a game and he had a ton of picks to go along with it, but that's not the case. When your offense consists mostly of power runs and deep passes to below average receivers, the numbers are never going to look good. People need to stop evaluating Cam based on traditional QB stats, it simply doesn't tell the whole story.

So he's a hillbilly racist because he dared to criticize Cam?
Amazing.

Put Cam in Aaron or Tom's systems and he'd struggle just as much, let's not act like it's all personnel. Cam doesn't make reads or throws fast enough to be in that elite tier.

Godslay

Banned
Word is that Broncos want Thomas in the worst way, Browns staying high on demands.
We'll see what happens ....
Kave knows this is a legit post!

This seems to be the case. I think the best the Broncos will throw out is a 1st and a 3rd if rumors are true.

Put's up great stats: WHERE ARE THE WINS

Goes 7-0: WHERE ARE THE STATS

I mean, it's whatever. Cam can be the worst quarterback of all time and if he's winning, I give not a single shit.

Hindl

Bob Grotz said:
Kelly doesn't anticipate #Eagles making a move before 4 pm trade deadline today. #Eagles

Boring but not surprising

Kiko is coming back for Dallas

I wonder what happens to Hicks :(

Hicks is staying in, they said as much earlier. I'd want the standard 3 down backs to be Hicks/Kiko to help Hicks develop, and rotate in Meco for running and Kendricks for coverage.

Pepiope

Put's up great stats: WHERE ARE THE WINS

Goes 7-0: WHERE ARE THE STATS

I mean, it's whatever. Cam can be the worst quarterback of all time and if he's winning, I give not a single shit.
Exactly how I felt with Foles, but we'll see how Bradford turns out. He is the more talented QB.

Top Bottom