• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 9 |OT| - A Fraud Had Some Nice Shoes

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Is there new news?

The last I saw was a "foot sprain" and out for a few weeks.

Meaning that they are trying to get our hopes up against that we can beat the Browns and we can get gimp Ben back in time to lose to Seattle.

Nah I'm just saying that if he got injured like schoob. We'll find out if he throws tons of interceptions when he gets back!

eznark

Banned
He did! Yesterday was about failed execution as opposed to lack of effort like the first Buffalo game. Clear as day when you watch both.

Way to change the subject, though.

The subject seemed to be "gotcha" posting. I stuck to it appropriately.

The offense put up 37 points and we were up 23 at one point. GB being in the game late was all on the defense, Cam did his job.

They should have been up significantly more. And the offense couldn't move the ball for shit in the second half against a defense they had slaughtered in the first.

Using 4th and 5th corners was the big difference in that first half. Apparently they grew up at half time!

Also Eddie Lacy is fat.

MRSA

Banned
Is there new news?

The last I saw was a "foot sprain" and out for a few weeks.

Meaning that they are trying to get our hopes up against that we can beat the Browns and we can get gimp Ben back in time to lose to Seattle.

MRI today, if he does have a Lisfranc he's done for the season.

LJ11

They did to some degree, but at the same time the Colts executed and won the game. You have to give them credit.

I'm curious where they go with Talib. Vince Wilfork did exactly the same thing a few years back when he played for the Pats when he eye gouged Brandon Jacobs. He didn't get suspended and only got a $15K fine so there is an existing case. Thinking back that was a damn fine year for him, Losman, Jacobs, and Cutler.

Wilfork is a cheapshot artist of the highest order, Seymour too.

The subject seemed to be "gotcha" posting. I stuck to it appropriately.
You are very... forceful... with your opinions so I think you deserve to be called on it once in awhile. I think you overvalue the importance of the QB position. Don't get me wrong, it's the most important position in football, but as the Packers/Panthers game showed it takes a team.

bionic77

Nah I'm just saying that if he got injured like schoob. We'll find out if he throws tons of interceptions when he gets back!
Ben always throws a lot of interceptions when he comes back from injury.

But then he is back to normal the next game.

MRI today, if he does have a Lisfranc he's done for the season.
Doctors suck balls. It seems like they miss that diagnosis sometimes.

I admit though that it didn't;t look good. At least it wasn't an achilles...

eznark

Banned
You are very... forceful... with your opinions so I think you deserve to be called on it once in awhile. I think you overvalue the importance of the QB position. Don't get me wrong, it's the most important position in football, but as the Packers/Panthers game showed it takes a team.

There is obviously a limit to what a QB can do. Aaron Rodgers can't win football games with practice squad players. I'm not making excuses, it is what it is. the Packers have solid depth but at some point starting 4th and 5th corners will hurt you, especially when the offense can't move the ball.

I'm not sure what that has to do with Cam Newton being wildly inaccurate though.

bionic77

Lisfranc ends a lot of careers, they're mislabeled as midfoot sprains.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...rgeon-lisfranc-foot-ailment-is-bizarre-injury
Listen you heartless son of a bitch.

It is Monday and I have to fucking work 24/7 before we leave for Disney this weekend. I don't need to hear any more of your negativity!

Lets just agree that Ben strained his raping foot and needs a few weeks of rest before he comes back to lead the Steelers to the playoffs where they will make a bullshit run to the SB and bring back the era of garbage SB champs.

MRSA

Banned
Listen you heartless son of a bitch.

It is Monday and I have to fucking work 24/7 before we leave for Disney this weekend. I don't need to hear any more of your negativity!

Lets just agree that Ben strained his raping foot and needs a few weeks of rest before he comes back to lead the Steelers to the playoffs where they will make a bullshit run to the SB and bring back the era of garbage SB champs.

Lets make a pact, one of our teams has to beat the Pats in the playoffs.

Godslay

Banned
Every game week for 8 years

He's not wrong though. It's his job to prepare the team and have them execute. It's called accountability.

Wilfork is a cheapshot artist of the highest order, Seymour too.

Agreed. Doesn't make what Talib did any better, so it is what it is.

I was using him more as what we can expect with Talib. Although I'm sure they'll suspend him because reasons, even though we've seen this before without suspension.

The worst 2 Qbs, that qualify, for completion percentage this year are:

1. Ryan Mallet
2. Cam Newton

It is quite possibly the most amazing thing I have seen that they keep winning games with him being so inaccurate. I really wonder if it is going to just blow up for them at somepoint.

There is obviously a limit to what a QB can do. Aaron Rodgers can't win football games with practice squad players. I'm not making excuses, it is what it is. the Packers have solid depth but at some point starting 4th and 5th corners will hurt you, especially when the offense can't move the ball.

I'm not sure what that has to do with Cam Newton being wildly inaccurate though.
I don't disagree with any of that. Cam's accuracy has always been his greatest flaw but I think he made up for it yesterday with beautiful bombs and quality runs.

Another way to frame the argument: Cam averaged 2.2 more ypa than Rodgers yesterday with a gaudy 9.9 ypa. He had a higher passer rating. He wasn't sacked. He had 57 yards rushing.

You can keep focusing on the completion percentage stat if you want but that one isn't usually your favorite. Cam isn't Aaron Rodgers but he elevated the play of the guys around him yesterday and he's a big reason why they won. Stewart averaged 3.3 ypc and only had 66 yards rushing so how did the team get to 37 points?

bionic77

Lets make a pact, one of our teams has to beat the Pats in the playoffs.
Can you imagine how amazing it would be for the cycle to be completed with the Raiders beating the Pats on a bullshit made up call in the playoffs?

That alone could make up for all the bad shit that has happened this year.

squicken

I'm no Fisher or Williams apologist, but watching the Joyner tackle on Teddy, I don't think that it a take out shot. He starts diving before Teddy hits the ground. It would be really difficult to aim a forearm at his head. I think he was definitely trying to get a shot on a QB he knew was about to slide. But it wasn't a tackle meant to deliver a head shot

What Talib was far worse. Like we all learn in HS Chemistry, there are no minor eye injuries. You don't fucking eye gouge people

e: Guess JFF is back on the party circuit

http://thebiglead.com/2015/11/09/johnny-manziel-was-out-and-about-in-college-station-this-weekend/

MRSA

Banned
Can you imagine how amazing it would be for the cycle to be completed with the Raiders beating the Pats on a bullshit made up call in the playoffs?

That alone could make up for all the bad shit that has happened this year.

Tebow wills it!

Mike Zimmer's post-game conference yesterday afternoon was great. Restrained, but hot-damn you could tell he was pissed. His drive-by handshake to Fisher spoke loudly.

Sorry Rams-GAF, nothing against you guys at all, but Gregg Williams and Fisher are fucking scumbags. I can't believe that piece of shit Williams is still even allowed to coach in this league. Disgusting.

If Teddy can't go against OAK, it will be all up to the defense, because they'll likely stack the box 9-deep in prep for Adrian. Could be a really ugly game for the Vikebike. :(

Dragon

Banned
Cam is like a kid out there, just having fun tossing the ol' pigskin! His antics only annoy me when they're playing the Dolphins. It's not like he's screaming at teammates or constantly talking trash to the other team.

I don't blame the guy for acting like an asshole really. I guess I'm just boring. I hate it when Brady acts like a little bitch too (shrug).

Zeke

So many bright spots on defense and yet they continue to shit the bed in chrunch time. There are no excuses for this anymore. I wish knew where the defense goes in the second half.

Crisco

Banned

Yes, from an accuracy standpoint, that was probably Cam's worst game of the year. For once his receivers made him look better than he was instead of the other way around.

I don't blame the guy for acting like an asshole really. I guess I'm just boring. I hate it when Brady acts like a little bitch too (shrug).
The difference with Brady is he's being a bitch to other people. Screaming at refs, chewing out teammates, and generally behaving like my 2 year old daughter when I take away the iPad.

eznark

Banned
I don't disagree with any of that. Cam's accuracy has always been his greatest flaw but I think he made up for it yesterday with beautiful bombs and quality runs.

Another way to frame the argument: Cam averaged 2.2 more ypa than Rodgers yesterday with a gaudy 9.9 ypa. He had a higher passer rating. He wasn't sacked. He had 57 yards rushing.

You can keep focusing on the completion percentage stat if you want but that one isn't usually your favorite. Cam isn't Aaron Rodgers but he elevated the play of the guys around him yesterday and he's a big reason why they won. Stewart averaged 3.3 ypc and only had 66 yards rushing so how did the team get to 37 points?

I'm not focusing on completion percentage. I'm focusing on three missed throws that cost Carolina 18-24 points in the first half.

We won't talk about how the entire Carolina offense disappeared in the second half. Were it not for a Fat Lacy fumble (cut Lacy) the offense only scores 3 in the second half.

Dragon

Banned
The difference with Brady is he's being a bitch to other people. Screaming at refs, chewing out teammates, and generally behaving like my 2 year old daughter when I take away the iPad.

Cam wears Superman shirts underneath his jersey. Not gonna defend Brady's antics, he's dumb (haven't seen it much this season because they haven't played a lot of good teams).

Really surprise we don't know the results to Dion Lewis MRI yet.

I'm gonna assume he's done for the year. Sucks we lost him in what will amount to a meaningless regular season game.

Plus, these offensive line injuries are just some fucking shit too :/.

Crisco

Banned
I'm not focusing on completion percentage. I'm focusing on three missed throws that cost Carolina 18-24 points in the first half.

We won't talk about how the entire Carolina offense disappeared in the second half. Were it not for a Fat Lacy fumble (cut Lacy) the offense only scores 3 in the second half.

Nope, the TD pass to Funchess ended a 74 yard drive.

So your knock against Cam is that he led the team to 37 points instead of 61? They put up 27 in the first half but you think it should have been 45-51?

eznark

Banned
Nope, the TD pass to Funchess ended a 74 yard drive.

Did they only get a field goal on that fumble? Regardless, without the fumble it's one scoring drive in the second half.

So your knock against Cam is that he led the team to 37 points instead of 61? They put up 27 in the first half but you think it should have been 45-51?

Yes, that combined with his inability to move the football in the second half turned an absolute slaughter into a 6 yard win.

Crisco

Banned
Did they only get a field goal on that fumble? Regardless, without the fumble it's one scoring drive in the second half.

They didn't get any points after that fumble. 3 and out then missed the FG. We got the FG after an 84 yard drive where Cam missed a wide open JCo in the endzone. Did you actually watch the game?

Nice to see the Vikings squeak out a gross win. Might have been the Rams but that's the first win against a winning team since 2012.

We will get rocked over the last eight games though unless they can get Teddy healthy and actually have him take a step forward.

With that said, holy crap look how terrible the offense was with Hill behind center.

eznark

Banned
They didn't get any points after that fumble. 3 and out then missed the FG. We got the FG after an 84 yard drive where Cam missed a wide open JCo in the endzone. Did you actually watch the game?

Comcast cut out for like 10 minutes surrounding that fumble. Just FOX. They spared me the fumble and apparently one of the worst block attempts ever by John Kuhn. The whole third quarter as a result is a jumbled timeline of plays with no anchor.

jbug617

Banned
Cheer up Bionic
larry-bird-michael-jordan-and-magic-johnson-in-a-photo-shootout-for-92-olympics-1992.jpg

I'm no Fisher or Williams apologist, but watching the Joyner tackle on Teddy, I don't think that it a take out shot. He starts diving before Teddy hits the ground. It would be really difficult to aim a forearm at his head. I think he was definitely trying to get a shot on a QB he knew was about to slide. But it wasn't a tackle meant to deliver a head shot

You can chalk this up to my homerism, but I respectfully disagree. Joyner launched at Teddy with his forearm/shoulder after Teddy made the move to slide. This is after the Rams had taken shots at Teddy's legs/knees in passing plays.
Just typical Gregg Williams garbage- and Fisher's post game "QBs get hurt when they slide sometimes" comment was fucking gross.

This line from here sums up how I feel:

Independent of whatever philosophies Williams might preach, and regardless of intent, Joyner made a big mistake. He delivered avoidable contact to the head of a player no longer trying to ward it off, causing an injury the NFL wants to prevent at every turn. There is no defending or explaining it, and the league must use its array of disciplinary options to address the infraction.

Crisco

Banned
Comcast cut out for like 10 minutes surrounding that fumble. Just FOX. They spared me the fumble and apparently one of the worst block attempts ever by John Kuhn. The whole third quarter as a result is a jumbled timeline of plays with no anchor.

Get your TV from space sucka!!!

Hahahahahahahahahah I hope this is real,

00533885.Jpg

Farooq

Banned
I'm a long term guy so I'd want to develop a really good QB prospect, but realistically you have to take advantage of Romo's window, so I think you need to go either RB or DT.

piesmanbama.0.gif

Just look at A'shawn man. A 312 lb DT that can be that explosive, how do you pass that up?

Yea it's a tough decision. DT and RB are needs. Depending on where they line up Jones they are going to need a corner/safety as well. Plus they have been trying to draft a LB for 2 drafts now (Shazier and Thompson). The simplest thing to do is just go BPA and trust the board.

I am going to start looking at prospects now.

squicken

Really can't get over Dan Quinn's gaffe yesterday. What a demoralizing loss

You can chalk this up to my homerism, but I respectfully disagree. Joyner launched at Teddy with his forearm/shoulder after Teddy made the move to slide. This is after the Rams had taken shots at Teddy's legs/knees in passing plays.
Just typical Gregg Williams garbage- and Fisher's post game "QBs get hurt when they slide sometimes" comment was fucking gross.

This line from here sums up how I feel:

It won't bother me at all if he gets a heavy fine, and Fisher and Williams get some heat. Those guys teach their players to be chippy. So does CAR. If you are constantly trying to push the edge of the envelop and you screw up, you deserve what you get

Top Bottom