• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 9 |OT| - A Fraud Had Some Nice Shoes

A 2nd round pick is nothing to vastly upgrade the QB position.

otV20ha.gif

Farooq

Banned
Is time to suck off for Goff? Might not even need to tank that much with how his season has been going.

What do you think the Cowboys should do?

If they end up picking top 10 they might have a shot at Dez 2.0, Aaron Donald 2.0 or a Qb.

Picking a QB would certainly hurt our win now with Romo chances. Especially considering how much of an impact Dallas' first round picks have had their rookie and sophomore years.

People need to grow balls. If Prince plays there is absolutely a chance. They have been competitive in all their games so far minus one. Sucks losing John Hankins though. Giants DT's are straight ass now.

Passing league and when you can't rush the passer like the Giants teams will pass all over ya, I give the Giants 0.00001% of winning this game, i have a better chance of winning the lotto than the Giants winning next week..

Bitanator

Well since 0% of teams have made it to the playoffs after starting 2-6, I'm conflicted as to what Dallas should do now, I do not want them to just give up, but this season is basically over

get ready for blame "the game" gabbert to stroll into seattle and trash you bums!

in all seriousness, i do kind of feel bad for gabbert. this was a good win for him and whatever but our offense is going to get fucking obliterated in seattle :(

How did it happen I've been busy all week didn't watch any games.... Caught some of Steelers/Raiders and Panthers/Pack this morning but beside that 0 football all week.

cashman

Banned
What do you think the Cowboys should do?

If they end up picking top 10 they might have a shot at Dez 2.0, Aaron Donald 2.0 or a Qb.

Picking a QB would certainly hurt our win now with Romo chances. Especially considering how much of an impact Dallas' first round picks have had their rookie and sophomore years.

I'm a long term guy so I'd want to develop a really good QB prospect, but realistically you have to take advantage of Romo's window, so I think you need to go either RB or DT.

piesmanbama.0.gif

Just look at A'shawn man. A 312 lb DT that can be that explosive, how do you pass that up?

How did it happen I've been busy all week didn't watch any games.... Caught some of Steelers/Raiders and Panthers/Pack this morning but beside that 0 football all week.

gabbert played a decent game, our defense held them to under 20 yards rushing and their coach decided to kick a FG on 4th and goal at the 1 down by 4 points with 2:45 or so left. the story of the game!

squicken

Feels good to wake up for once on Monday and not struggling to go for my run

-Like most I have not understood playing Murray over Mathews, but Murray was awesome yesterday. He definitely has the better hands, and is usually solid in pass pro, even if he had one major miss. He's just a punishing runner. He makes a lot but Dallas' run game has suffered w/o him

-Hope Hicks isn't hurt too bad. Would be a big loss. Might be the best player on defense. Makes tons of plays

-Eagles offense really sputters to start games. Biggest issue is Bradford not throwing downfield. Huff is an issue too. Dropped an easy TD pass and just is not an efficient WR

-Entire field seemed to open up w/o Lee. Instinctive LBs that can pattern match the middle of the field routes give the Eagles fits.

-First time all year the offense bailed out the defense. Good win for them. They needed a game like that, even if it is against a struggling Cowboys team. Easy schedule coming up. Maybe they can make a run

squicken

Double post, but wanted to keep it separate. On that GIF of Rodgers smashing the tablet: Really think it's cool how elaborate he was in what he saw. I always hate the guys who try to be little Belichicks and not answer anything
http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-p...-un-rodgers-like-mistake-on-late-interception

“They caught that?” the Green Bay Packers quarterback said with a sheepish smile when told the TV cameras captured his toss of the tablet. “It’s a frustrating game [at times]. It’s exhilarating, but also frustrating when you make a mistake like that.”
By the time he saw that Cobb was open, Rodgers had Panthers defensive tackle Kawann Short in his face as he threw the ball and couldn’t get enough on it. Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis intercepted it, and the Packers’ hopes were dashed.

“It was a great [play] call. I looked out to ‘Peanut’ to see if he had eyes in the backfield, because I was worried about him sloughing off and tackling Randall short of the goal line,” Rodgers explained. “Turns out ‘J.J.’ ran ‘Peanut’ into 25 [Benwikere] and Randall’s wide open for the touchdown. So it’s disappointing.

“I had an easy opportunity for a pitch-and-catch touchdown, and I got scared by something. I can’t explain it. It was a mistake by myself. I’ll definitely be thinking about that one on the ride home.”

Striker

Passing league and when you can't rush the passer like the Giants teams will pass all over ya, I give the Giants 0.00001% of winning this game, i have a better chance of winning the lotto than the Giants winning next week..
Their rush was better in 2011 but defense was still ass. And they beat them twice.

They do need Prince though.

So the Banner Guy is giving the team 48 hours to give him sort of compensation before he takes further legal action. Oh boy

In more serious Panthers news, Devin Funchess stepping up and making those catches yesterday will be big for his confidence and huge for the Panthers as a team overall. The more playmakers they can rely on towards the end of the season, the better.

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane
Lane Johnson on Greg Hardy: "I've faced better. ... When things aren't going well he's a guy that shuts it down."

Not surprising.

That's been the book on him in the big games even before it was known he was psychotic lunatic off the field. People have been questioning his motor and his heart in big games since he got to the league.

Go back and check the one playoff game he's ever played (2013 Divisional against the Niners). He was ghost, a total non-factor.

It's why I kind of doubt the Panthers would have ever committed the type of money long-term to him that he wanted even before the DV incident.

Jarnet87

Its tough to watch the Bucs sometimes. Doug Martin fumbles and Lovie yanks him from the game for Chris Sims who is not half the player Martin is. Then Sims fumbles a few drives later lol. The massive amount of drops from Evans (and the pass catchers over the season, next week stone hand Jenkins returns to drop s couple), the silly penalties, the terrible clock management. The Bucs could easily be above .500 team with a quality head coach who installed some discipline.

At least jameis and the offensive line have improved game after game

Kind of surprised that the Dolphins season is over only half-way in. Honestly didn't expect that coming in but disappointment is a common feeling for us Dolphins fans.

I've talked too much about Tannehill so I won't bother adding to it much. All I'll say is he played well enough yesterday, the loss was primarily on the defense.

The Bills had two 100-yard rushers. That's the first time Buffalo, not a great team, by the way, accomplished that feat since 2007 -- when they did it against Miami. LeSean McCoy rushed for 112 yards on only 16 tries, including a 48-yarder. Karlos Williams had 110 yards on nine rushes, including two touchdown runs.

The Bills also had a 100-yard receiver. It marked the first time in Buffalo history that they had two 100-yard rushers and a 100-yard receiver in in the same game.
Dolphins defense flat out sucks. They have two great players (Reshad Jones, Suh), a few good players (Jenkins, Grimes) and the rest range from average to awful. LB corps needs a massive upgrade, as does the secondary. I was first in line to cheer the DeVante Parker pick earlier this year but it looks like not going defense is really coming back to bite the team. Coaching certainly hasn't helped either.

Already time to start thinking about the next draft, next head coach, next season. And on and on we go.

DMczaf

Its tough to watch the Bucs sometimes. Doug Martin fumbles and Lovie yanks him from the game for Chris Sims who is not half the player Martin is. Then Sims fumbles a few drives later lol. The massive amount of drops from Evans (and the pass catchers over the season, next week stone hand Jenkins returns to drop s couple), the silly penalties, the terrible clock management. The Bucs could easily be above .500 team with a quality head coach who installed some discipline.

At least jameis and the offensive line have improved game after game

Lovie does not deserve to reap the benefits of Jameis's career.

Top Bottom