• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 9 |OT| - A Fraud Had Some Nice Shoes

WedgeX

Banned
Agreed for certain circumstances but when you are a grown ass man beating on women you don't deserve jack shit. Hope this completely blows up in Jones's fucking face.

Oh and someone asked about a certain persons opinion on this earlier:

As far as I can tell the only football personality to have come out against Hardy and the Cowboys has been Terry Bradshaw.

Godslay

Banned
People deserve a second chance to be a better person, but that doesn't mean we should try to downplay the bad they've done. And just because you deserve a second chance doesn't mean you get to come back to the NFL. You can become a better person, but you don't need to be playing in the NFL to do that. And if you are gonna be welcomed back into the NFL you should at least act like you're a changed man who's learned his lesson. Based on what we've seen and heard from Greg Hardy I don't think he learned anything from this.

NFL is like any other occupation. There is no welcoming back. Either you are hired or you're not.

To be fair, nobody really knows what Hardy is doing to seek help. There were members of the media saying the guy is mentally ill and needs help. Personally I'm curious if anything is being done for that.

Like I outlined before, if he's getting help then I have no problem with him being employed in the NFL as it's probably good to have the support system of the team. If he's not getting help well then he probably needs it or needs to be let go if he doesn't want it.

RBH

goldsberry-feature-nflmaps-1-mobile.png

goldsberry-feature-nflmaps-2-mobile2.png

goldsberry-feature-nflmaps-3-mobile1.png

goldsberry-feature-nflmaps-4-mobile.png

goldsberry-feature-nflmaps-5-mobile.png

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/which-nfl-team-are-you-stuck-watching-every-sunday/

bionic77

you guys can keep saying this as some sort of weird defense of Hardy, but just because there maybe used to be teams that had 1 "scumbag" doesn't mean people have to accept it now. Its pretty clear peoples opinions are changing on the matter. If this hardy situation blows up anymore something will be done with him.
It's sports bro and his job.

If it's a crime the authorities should do their job and put your scumbag ass in jail. And if not then let the person earn a living.

To me that's how it should work as long the person admits they made a mistake. If they can't even do that then the team has to let them be someone else's problem.

To me this is just low hanging fruit which internet moralists as experts in dealing with. Instead of telling us how a football player is a scumbag go outside your house and go help out at a women's shelter or donate to one.

End old man rant.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was reading the chart wrong and was going to say there's no possible way Washington is the least televised team being in the despised NFC East.

I watch about 20mins of the Paul Brown Football Life on NFLN, is Vince Lombardi a product of TV? PB invented so much, Facemask on helms, the Draw play, speaker in the QB helmet(which was banned) watching film, the 40 yard dash, the pass blocking scheme known today as the pocket, so much of the today's game is because of him, yet when they talk about the past all we hear is VL..

If it's a crime the authorities should do their job and put your scumbag ass in jail. And if not then let the person earn a living.

To me that's how it should work as long the person admits they made a mistake. If they can't even do that then the team has to let them be someone else's problem.

To me this is just low hanging fruit which internet moralists as experts in dealing with. Instead of telling us how a football player is a scumbag go outside your house and go help out at a women's shelter or donate to one.

End old man rant.

He was convicted of domestic assault but had it dropped on appeal because the victim settled and withdrew her cooperation (that's probably a whole nother fucked up story).

Then, instead of keeping his head low he comes out with the shit about Brady's wife, shoving our ST coach and through it all management doesn't say a fucking word because he's by and far our best pass rusher, basically enabling his behavior.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Regarding the Browns QB situation, it's clear that Josh McCown gives them the best chance to win.

But they're a 2-7 team, 6.5 back in the division (and down a tiebreaker now so effectively, 7 back), and they have pretty much no chance of making the wildcard. At this point, winning games now would be secondary to setting up the future. And a big part of that future will be, whether or not JFF, the guy they spent a first round pick on, can give them anything going forward. I would throw him out there and see what he has. If he's decent, you have something to work with. If not, dump him in the offseason and try again.

I mean, I can understand why Mike Pettine wouldn't do that though. It's not exactly in his best interest to forgo his best shot at winning games in order to audition QBs for the next guy. And I don't think he ever really believed in Johnny in the first place. I'm sure if he had his way against the FO, he would rid his hands of JFF and be done with him forever.

Manziel's issues aren't experience related. They're football fundamentals related. Putting him out there instead of McCown alienates the entire team. Why do you play the game? Pettine will lose the locker room if he makes that move. JF8 could still turn into something, but as fans, we don't need to watch him progress. That's why there are coaches and practice.

Frankly, Johnny needs to spend the entire offseason working on his craft rather than in rehab. And the Browns can be patient if they wish. He's still under contract for two more years. The only reason to dump him is if he doesn't put the work in after the season, goes back to sniffing coke and management thinks there is no hope for him.

bionic77

He was convicted of domestic assault but had it dropped on appeal because the victim settled and withdrew her cooperation (that's probably a whole nother fucked up story).

Then, instead of keeping his head low he comes out with the shit about Brady's wife, shoving our ST coach and through it all management doesn't say a fucking word because he's by and far our best pass rusher, basically enabling his behavior.
I was ok with the Brady stuff but unless he is prohibited from talking about it by the settlement he has to show he has changed by his words at the very least. Otherwise you are just enabling a psychotic person.

I watch about 20mins of the Paul Brown Football Life on NFLN, is Vince Lombardi a product of TV? PB invented so much, Facemask on helms, the Draw play, speaker in the QB helmet(which was banned) watching film, the 40 yard dash, the pass blocking scheme known today as the pocket, so much of the today's game is because of him, yet when they talk about the past all we hear is VL..

Yup..

Vince deserves a lot of attention.. But in terms of influence to the game itself.. Paul did more than Vince..

Also as much as Bill Walsh gets credited as creating the "west coast offense". Brown really did that. In addition, Brown indirectly helped lead to the creation of the NFL PA because he was a cheap ass son of a bitch.

I was ok with the Brady stuff but unless he is prohibited from talking about it by the settlement he has to show he has changed by his words at the very least. Otherwise you are just enabling a psychotic person.

I really think that Jerry wants to enable him. He wants a psycho going after opposing quarterbacks.

I'm sure Jerry gave Hardy his phone number and told him to put it on speed dial, that way if he's got any trouble he can just ring and daddy will come take care of it.

bionic77

Bionic defends Hardy and attacks Brady

You make the call
What Brady did is much worse in the football make believe sports world than what Hardy did.

What Hardy did is some real d-bag criminal shit. That is not the realm of a fucktard like Roger Goodell. He was a moron to start punishing people for shit off the field before they were even convicted. What Brady did is the worst thing you can do in a sport, cheat.

Hardy should be in jail. If the Cowboys want to employ a wife beater that is on them. I am sure the NFL employs a lot of felons. If you want to shit on him and the Cowboys go ahead, but I am sick of the internet police. The proper thing to do is not to ask for Hardy's job, it is to mock and humiliate the Cowboys and their owner.

Sanjuro

If you don't like Aziz Ansari, and still like funny, and are over age of 18...

Warch the opening 8 minutes of episode two of his new Netflix show. Amazing.

MechDX

Decided to run with the Target trade in promotion today . Traded in 6 different games each a year old or more and got $105 in credit. Target runs a B2G1 deal next week on all games. Also got a digital 10% off coupon from some new target app that can be used on videogames so no tax.

Halo 5, Fallout 4 and what else?

Decided to run with the Target trade in promotion today . Traded in 6 different games each a year old or more and got $105 in credit. Target runs a B2G1 deal next week on all games. Also got a digital 10% off coupon from some new target app that can be used on videogames so no tax.

Halo 5, Fallout 4 and what else?
Tomb Raider or Black Ops 3

End old man rant.

bionic you're doing this weird assumption thing where just because people you see who point out how shit someone is don't donate to preventive causes, you think that's the case for everyone, which it's not. It's a prevalent thing too

The proper thing to do is not to ask for Hardy's job, it is to mock and humiliate the Cowboys and their owner.

This seems like you think it's impossible to do both

I call shit people shit people, and I'm proud of it. I donate to charities and I'm proud of it. I hope those shit people get everything they deserve in life, and I'm proud of it. And I mock the rich enablers who don't give a fuck about bad publicity until it affects they wallet, and I'm proud of it.

I ain't got a Neilsen box, who buys tickets anymore, I don't have to worry about seeing Rice or Suggs play for my team the few times I might watch them this year, and I get Madden used cheap from Amazon or eBay. My conscience is clean football-wise

You can't break the broken

bionic77

bionic you're doing this weird assumption thing where just because people you see who point out how shit someone is don't donate to preventive causes, you think that's the case for everyone, which it's not. It's a prevalent thing too

This seems like you think it's impossible to do both

I call shit people shit people, and I'm proud of it. I donate to charities and I'm proud of it. I hope those shit people get everything they deserve in life, and I'm proud of it. And I mock the rich enablers who don't give a fuck about bad publicity until it affects they wallet, and I'm proud of it.
No it is possible to do both but I am sick of some elements of culture on the internet.

Also I am always reluctant to take away someones job. I know I am in the minority on that one though.

We did it bionic! Lakers win!
I saw that. But damn it is sad watching gimp Kobe.

That said, :lol Nets! You can't even beat the Lakers! Suck on our dicks!!!!!

If you don't like Aziz Ansari, and still like funny, and are over age of 18...

Warch the opening 8 minutes of episode two of his new Netflix show. Amazing.
That was actually really good.

Now go watch Major League or Trading Places and be prepared to be blown away!

I ain't got a Neilsen box, who buys tickets anymore, I don't have to worry about seeing Rice or Suggs play for my team the few times I might watch them this year, and I get Madden used cheap from Amazon or eBay. My conscience is clean football-wise

You can't break the broken
What about un-football wise?

Want to play the first Tomb Raider before the new one. Downloaded it from GWG and just have not started it yet.

Only play CoD for the single player. Ghosts and AW really put me off on the MP
Buy a filler game, bring it back the following week, get star wars battlefront.

Top Bottom