• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

Godslay

Banned
Even if you play once a week that's 102 bucks in a year...I mean if you're crying over 100 bucks in a year...you're doing it wrong.

The only time I've played is when these jackpots get this big.

Then I'll spend $10 or so.

It's happened maybe twice or so in the last 5 years that I can remember.

I am pretty cheap overall though. LOL.

Dragon

Banned
Even if you play once a week that's 102 bucks in a year...I mean if you're crying over 100 bucks in a year...you're doing it wrong.

If you want it for entertainment reasons I get it. But the lottery is just a poor tax. Godslay is better off buying anything with that money.

The only time I've played is when these jackpots get this big.

Then I'll spend $10 or so.

It's happened maybe twice or so in the last 5 years that I can remember.

I am pretty cheap overall though. LOL.

yeah I just join the office pool, I've never bought one on my own.

If you want it for entertainment reasons I get it. But the lottery is just a poor tax. Godslay is better off buying anything with that money.

Spending on the lotto instead of fast food would probably be the better investment long term lol

Greg

It actually is a bad investment. If the ticket were really worth $10 you think they'd sell them for that price? The chance of success * potential winnings = ticket value. Odds are about 1/175M, and the jackpot is up to 900M so the tickets are worth about $5. Not to mention you are virtually guaranteed to be miserable if you win the lottery, even people who were millionaires prior to winning jackpots have had a lot of bad shit happen
you can't talk stats and then say 'but winning is a bad omen lol'

ampere

Yeah, and the money generally goes right back into the economy from the winner in the form of hookers and blow lol

you can't talk stats and then say 'but winning is a bad omen lol'

Oh, nah I don't mean a bad omen. I mean they publicize the winner and you're gonna get hounded by people. Family, friends, people you don't know who have a sad sob story, etc

Godslay

Banned
It actually is a bad investment. If the ticket were really worth $10 you think they'd sell them for that price? The chance of success * potential winnings = ticket value. Odds are about 1/175M, and the jackpot is up to 900M so the tickets are worth about $5. Not to mention you are virtually guaranteed to be miserable if you win the lottery, even people who were millionaires prior to winning jackpots have had a lot of bad shit happen

If you look at it as an investment, then that's a problem.

Every budget should have entertainment or something like that accounted for. That's what it should be looked at. Not as anything else really. That was the point.

Line_HTX

Clowney got so pissed off about getting ruled inactive that he stormed out of the stadium.

Someone's gonna need a good talkin' to.

ampere

If you look at it as an investment, then that's a problem.

Every budget should have entertainment or something like that accounted for. That's what it should be looked at. Not as anything else really. That was the point.

Yea if you treat it like playing the slots for fun then go for it I guess

Narag

Clowney got so pissed off about getting ruled inactive that he stormed out of the stadium.

Someone's gonna need a good talkin' to.

He's just giving Watt extra motivation so he plays a legendary game thereby returning media attention to him.

Spinluck

Are all of you fat slobs playing the lottery?

Fuuuuuuck that.

I only play when the office goes in together. And I only play then because I don't want to be the only person to come in on Monday morning who isn't part of the what the fuck are you going to buy with your $10 million.

The lottery is just a tax on the stupid. Luckily most people are stupid so it is incredibly popular!

I am going to buy my first lotto ticket today if I don't forget to do it before 11!

Finished reading Collision Low Crossers, really fun read. Bit long, you know how it ends and you get a good idea of what everyone is about half way through the book, but its still enjoyable. Wanted to read it before the season, squicken wouldn't shut up about it, but I was on economics kick and didn't feel like picking up a football book. Have a few more Eco books lined up but I'm feeling like I need to jump into a few other football books. Lots of interesting characters, gained a lot of respect for some of the players/coaches, I honestly loved that coaching staff before reading the book, a bit more so now.

Also reaffirmed what I see on Gamedays, schottenheimer and some of the division opponents in particular, always good when you get some affirmation that you're not a complete imbecile. Cromarties comments on Schottys route pairings were great. I recall posting multiple times about how the Jets should just sit in trips because Sanchez would roll when the routes were right in his field of view, just read that side, you have packaged beaters, simplify things for him.

Good book though, not earth shattering, just entertaining, not too much football talk, just the day to day grind.

What economics books are you reading?

Dragon

Banned
I responded to this already, but I was gonna finance it through my credit union not lease.

Any of you guys ever leased a car then buy it at the end of the lease?

I don't recommend leasing a car. Unless you have a lot of money and prefer the flexibility of getting another car ever two or three years.

I financed through Bank of America for my Sonata and I got 1.9% interest. Feels shitty to be responsible.

Fox318

Ą̷̣̥̥̪̲̠̖̰̻͎͈̍̆̌̓͟͢͝ͅr͊̉̃ͩ̏ͦ͒́ͦ̐͌ͯͬ̚҉̴̶̶̡̳̭̦̬̻̼̳̹̭̹͓͓̫e̵̸͈̥̣̯̭ͯ̓ͣͫ͛̇͐ͪ͑̎͛ͫͯ́͠ ̴̛͙̬̤̠̮̠̪ͭ͒̀̍̏̔̄̍͊̇ͨ̚̚t̸̡̺̜̖̮̼͕̮̹̱͙̙̠̠̟̦͚͙̤͐̓ͩͭ̕͜͞ͅh̴̨̜̺̤̤̺̪̜̻͗̐̒̑̏ͫͧͫ̔͆ͩͨ͌͋ͧ̄̇̀̋ͅe̷͓̣̻̙̫̣̭͖̫̻͋̿̐ͦ̍̓̀̚ͅ ̛͇̬͕̣̻̦̤͈̭ͨ͑ͦͫ̍̽̉̎͋̀̌͊͛͑̚͠͠͝B̸͇̫͙͕ͣ̑ͤ̎̓̄ͬ͛̊̕r̫͈̯͕̖ͮ͑̍ͮͮ̔͘͞õ̪̭̻̏́̂͋ͤ̐̿̾ͣͭ̊͌ͭ͢͟͡ͅͅw̢͉̝̬͉̣̲̥̲͇̩͈̯̘̭͖̤̦̠ͫ̊͆̂ͥ́̒ͣ̌͛̃̎͛͗̈́̊̚͡n̦̮̞̦̟͓̳̘̤̥̖̥͈ͮ̂̉ͯ̎ͦ͟͜͝s̵̨̗̣̳̟͉̪̠̙̰͈͍̄ͬ̓̈̎̀̀͢ ͣ͑ͥ̿ͯ́̌͐̎҉̠͔̣̙́pͦ͗̆̌̂̓͆ͨ̑͛ͨ̈͆ͪ͆̌̓͏̶̢̛͍̭͓̰̞͔̥͇̣̠̗̥̫l̡͚̜͓̖̘̻̖̹̻̦̬̹ͭ̏̎ͣ̇ͤ̇̃͌̂̄̍̈ͯ͆̔̅ͩ͟͞͠͝a̓͂ͥ͋̅ͬ͑̒̐̚͏̸̸̴̨͙̝͉̥̮ỵ̶̘̠̬̬̤̖̥̙̼͔̘̽ͮ̑̑ͥ̿̇͂̉͛̃ͦ͋̉͊̎̓͝͡ͅḯ̅̎̏͂͊͏͏̖̼̤̩n̸̘̺̻̱̭͈͖͇̥̺̟̲̹̐͐̈́͐͑̊̄ͩ͗̄ͨ͠ǵ̢̛̜͕̪̼͔̬̰͕͖̮͔̦̮̩͕̹̂͛ͯ̃̆ͫͪ̍͒̾̄ͪ̀ ̧͙̰̗͍̖͖̤̉ͦ̓̀̍̈̂̇ͥ͐ͯͫ̕t̴̷̛̘̫͉ͭͩ̇ͩ̌̿͂̍͐̈́̔͊́̊̄͝ͅͅͅơ̰̠̩̳̎ͧͦ̽̐ͥ̑̔̐̂ͬ͐̉͗͑̚ḑ̹̤̯̰̲͓̺̩͇̻͚̤̰̝͕̖ͬ̅̓̎̾ͦ͊̆ͤ̓ͧ̽̈ͦ͛́͝͝͠a̸̲̤̤̙̝̜͍̻͔̦̣̘̫̦̯͈̤̮̙͑̆ͭ́ͧ͒ͣͬͯ͆͐̀͜͝y̶̎ͫ̏͛͗̊ͤ͒̚͏̵̭͓̗̪͖͔̩͇͚̼̹͙̰̀͡?͆ͦͫ̏̓ͭ̌̾͏͖̭͔̳̳̼͟ͅ

Bread

Banned
He's just giving Watt extra motivation so he plays a legendary game thereby returning media attention to him.
Watt is probably behind this, now he can disappear on the big stage again and he will still look good in comparison.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I consider playing the lottery a "tell" for being a garbage person, along with track marks on the arm, a Skoal ring in your jeans, or an anime t-shirt.

I'm buying one quick pick.

Can't win if you don't play! Anything past one ticket is being bad at math.

I have to pick up some beer anyway....

ampere

I consider playing the lottery a "tell" for being a garbage person, along with track marks on the arm, a Skoal ring in your jeans, or an anime t-shirt.

A lot of normal people buy powerball tickets because that huge jackpot allure too strong

I think if someone regularly plays the lottery it's an indication that they have a gambling addiction or aren't very smart

DMczaf

CYTh5XEUMAAo4Vj.jpg:large

Top Bottom