• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

KingBroly

Banned
Listening to various talking heads makes me realize how no one's talking about Carolina. It's all about Seattle and New England and Pittsburgh. Like...New England's lost their mojo, while the other 2 proved a point last week. When they bring up Carolina it's like 'oh, well they lost to Atlanta (losers,lol) and I'm like...Seattle got stomped St. Louis and Pittsburgh lost to the Ravens.

Baffling.

Seattle will probably beat Minnesota, but a lot are already penciling them in for another Super Bowl like it was an inevitability.

Listening to various talking heads makes me realize how no one's talking about Carolina. It's all about Seattle and New England and Pittsburgh. Like...New England's lost their mojo, while the other 2 proved a point last week. When they bring up Carolina it's like 'oh, well they lost to Atlanta (losers,lol) and I'm like...Seattle got stomped St. Louis and Pittsburgh lost to the Ravens.

Baffling.

Seattle will probably beat Minnesota, but a lot are already penciling them in for another Super Bowl like it was an inevitability.

#nor*****t

Hue Jackson is apparently on the Giants radar according to Vacchiano. Obviously mentions the Rooney rule but as I mentioned earlier, I would love to see him get actual consideration for the job.

kmag

Hue Jackson is apparently on the Giants radar according to Vacchiano. Obviously mentions the Rooney rule but as I mentioned earlier, I would love to see him get actual consideration for the job.

While I'd like to see a defensive coach ideally. Of the current candidates he'd be my choice. It would mean yet another offensive system though.

Baffling.

Because they havent won a SB under Cam. It the same for guys like Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, and Arron Rodgers. Once you win one every time you're in the playoffs they are like "dont bet against them, dont count them out" etc.. but until you do you're not getting any respect in the postseason. And if Andy Dalton was healthy Cincy would get no love just like Cam and Panthers because he has never won.

Steelers have Ben who had won, Pats have Brady, and Seattle has recent playoffs sucess.

KingBroly

Banned
Because they havent won a SB under Cam. It the same for guys like Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, and Arron Rodgers. Once you win one every time you're in the playoffs they are like "dont bet against them, dont count them out" etc.. but until you do you're not getting any respect in the postseason. And if Andy Dalton was healthy Cincy would get no love just like Cam and Panthers because he has never won.

Steelers have Ben who had won, Pats have Brady, and Seattle has recent playoffs sucess.

What's Carson Palmer done? Because more people are talking about the Cardinals than the Panthers.

Narag

“Roger Goodell, man, I don’t know. . . . This is when I knew he was blind to the fact of what I was going through. I sat down with him. He asked me, ‘What is a whuppin’? . . . It was one of the first questions. . . . It kind of showed me we were on a totally different level. It’s just the way of life. For instance, in Texas, we know what whuppin’s are. Down there, if it snows, people are going to go crazy. They’re going to close schools. They’re going to shut it down. Here, you’re used to that. It was just a tough situation, because of misperception. . . . I get it. I get why. But you still shouldn’t pass judgment on people when you don’t know.”

What a whuppin is, in Peterson’s case, is a freakishly strong man picking up a stick and beating a little boy with it until the boy bled from his back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum. The little boy also had defensive wounds on his hands.

Peterson may say that Goodell’s question is naive, but Goodell was merely trying to establish what, exactly, Peterson thought was acceptable about the way he abused his son. Goodell was offering Peterson a chance to explain himself, but the reality is there is no acceptable explanation for child abuse.

In the Sports Illustrated article, Peterson insists that he has grown as a father and “there’s not many fathers better than me.” Although he doesn’t live with most of his children (he’s had seven children with multiple women) he says he keeps in touch on FaceTime and Skype.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...oodell-was-blind-to-what-i-was-going-through/

father of the year imo

bionic77

What the fuck is wrong with you? I used to go to ponderosa all the time. Man that place was so good.
Maybe it was just our local ponderosa.

My dads rich friend bought one and it was horrible. Despite that we still went there a lot. We were not alone in our hatred of it. It closed down like a year after he bought it.

Maybe it was just our local ponderosa.

My dads rich friend bought one and it was horrible. Despite that we still went there a lot. We were not alone in our hatred of it. It closed down like a year after he bought it.

I never say you are wrong Bionic.. But this is one of those times you are wrong. Ponderosa is awesome and if the one you went to sucks.. That's on that location and should be ashamed to be called one. The Cleveland Browns of Ponderosa restaurants.

It's cold.

On the topic of buffet chain restaurants. The food is almost universally bad. I can understand being nostalgic for it but going back to one as a adult is awful experience.

It's cold.

On the topic of buffet chain restaurants. The food is almost universally bad. I can understand being nostalgic for it but going back to one as a adult is awful experience.

Before citing Pizza boy for your support Bionic, remember, he hates Star Wars.. Remember that.

Also Mr. K, how's work going? Are you getting better at it?

bionic77

I never say you are wrong Bionic.. But this is one of those times you are wrong. Ponderosa is awesome and if the one you went to sucks.. That's on that location and should be ashamed to be called one. The Cleveland Browns of Ponderosa restaurants.
Only been to the one and it sucked.

And we there a decent amount.

i will take your word for it that most of them were good.

That said we fucking loved Red Lobster when I was a kid.

Pepiope

It really sucks that every black interview is considered the Rooney rule before anyone gives any validity to the candidate.

squicken

Receiver w/most yards on team with the most points scored
CYCW6lYWYAARJzb.png
https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/684713077305176064/photo/1

squicken

PFF has the Eagles leading the league with 7.4% of their passes dropped. Stats Inc has the Eagles leading with 5.6% of their passes dropped. PFF doesn't have all their numbers up, but Stats has theirs are the Washington Post

Been reading some Eagles stuff, and it was suggested that the Eagles trade either Matthews. Reasoning was that his value will never be higher, he can only play slot WR, it's easy to find a slot WRs, and that he and Ertz are basically playing the same position in a non-spread attack

Been reading some Eagles stuff, and it was suggested that the Eagles trade either Matthews. Reasoning was that his value will never be higher, he can only play slot WR, it's easy to find a slot WRs, and that he and Ertz are basically playing the same position in a non-spread attack

I sincerely hope that's not what Howie decides to do going forward. Part of the reason Chip lost the locker room was the ease with which he traded, released, or didn't resign key players. I think it'd be a big mistake to trade a guy like Matthews, even if we could recoup something as high as a 2nd round pick.

eznark

Banned
PFF has the Eagles leading the league with 7.4% of their passes dropped. Stats Inc has the Eagles leading with 5.6% of their passes dropped. PFF doesn't have all their numbers up, but Stats has theirs are the Washington Post

PFF considers quarterback accuracy irrelevant according to Palazollozolozlo so any ball that is within a few yards of a receiver is a drop. Their drop rates are hyper-inflated. So thank you for posting the Stats Inc. numbers.

What's Carson Palmer done? Because more people are talking about the Cardinals than the Panthers.

Cam's won more playoff games in his five year career than Carson has in his 11.

But in Palmer's defense he

A) Has played his position this year better than Newton has

B) Was the quarterback of a team that looked unstoppable before he got hurt last year and looked amazing save a game or two this year

There's still the prevailing thought that the Panthers backdoored their way into the playoffs last year, flukes into a win against a CFL QB, and then smoke and mirrored their way to a good record this year through a combination of easy schedule and good luck (like getting to play the Seahawks before they quote figured it out unquote).

And that's fine. I'm not going to get bogged down on the respect thing anymore. This is the playoffs. All 12 teams are dangerous, all 12 teams are threats. If the Panthers deserve that respect they'll earn it. Otherwise they'll get laughed at as the 15-2 one and donee, the 16-2 that couldn't get over the hump, or the 17-2 that choked. And they'll deserve those titles

It really sucks that every black interview is considered the Rooney rule before anyone gives any validity to the candidate.

It is and its ashame. The Rooney rule in general has its heart in the right place but as with many similar policies, it doesn't actually accomplish what it sets out to do.
In many cases it ends up relegating the very candidates it seeks to help to nothing more than a check box that teams have to click before they move onto other candidates they're actually interested in.

I really do hope that Mara and Reese give Hue an actual opportunity to impress. Outside of McAdoo who tops my list, I would absolutely love to see what he would bring to the table as the next Giants head coach. I'm a fan.

I wish the Giants coaching vacancy was available when Mike Zimmer was out there as well. I absolutely love Zimmer as a coach and would have done back flips if he ended up the next head coach for the Giants. (congrats Minnesota)

They won't be able to technically interview him until next week at the earliest but if the Bengals are still alive that will make it tougher. Go Steelers, I guess.:)

What a completely fucked up world view. Seriously.

"What a whuppin is, in Peterson’s case, is a freakishly strong man picking up a stick and beating a little boy with it until the boy bled from his back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum. The little boy also had defensive wounds on his hands."

I'm going to be sick

So wip is reporting that the Eagles have scheduled a second interview with Adam Gase. Definitely looks like he is going to be the guy. Man I wish Chip was given one more year, and Howie was fired for good.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
It is and its ashame. The Rooney rule in general has its heart in the right place but as with many similar policies, it doesn't actually accomplish what it sets out to do.

I don't think I would agree with that. The coaching landscape is very different now than it was prior to the rule. Perhaps you could argue it is no longer needed. But it unfortunately was needed in the past.

I don't think I would agree with that. The coaching landscape is very different now than it was prior to the rule. Perhaps you could argue it is no longer needed. But it unfortunately was needed in the past.
In the past, certainly you could make that argument and I'd agree. My point was about the Rooney rule as it exists today and yes, I would absolutely argue that it's outdated and doesn't serve anyones best interest. Especially those of minority candidates.

Top Bottom