• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

cashman

Banned
I am excited. Don't know which direction the Cowboys should go in the first round though. A part of me is hoping they get Goff and somehow Jaylon Smith drops into the second like Lee and Carter.

I am stoked that the Cowboys are probably going to be coaching the senior bowl. Hopefully that shit pays off.

Which direction do you think they should go with their first?

I'm kinda hoping for Joff too, or maybe even Myles Jack since I think he's the best athlete in the draft. Curious about Ramsey too. Right now, I'm just waiting for somebody who's smarter than me to evaluate some college film (Sturm). I think I'd be fine with somebody like Booker or Collins to be RB.

WedgeX

Banned
Ohhhhhh wow.

Calvin Johnson mulling retirement

Detroit Free Press said:
And today, Johnson released a joint statement with the Lions, saying he is evaluating his future and should have an answer soon.

“Like many players at this stage of their career, I am currently evaluating options for my future," Johnson said in the statement. I would expect to have a decision regarding this matter in the not-too-distant future.”

The Lions said in the statement: "We obviously have profound respect for Calvin and certainly understand and appreciate his decision to give proper thought and consideration to his football future."

Longtime Detroit radio host Terry Foster wrote in a column on The Ticket's website Tuesday that he thinks Johnson could walk away from the game, and several people who know the Pro Bowl receiver agree that it's not a far-fetched scenario.

"There has been some conversations about it, not asking me how it is," said one former teammate who asked to remain anonymous because of the personal nature of his talks with Johnson. "But I think the guy's beat up. I think he's been through enough. And I think it's just his time. He's made the money, got the records, but whatever. I don't know for sure if he's going to do it. I don't know if he's going to get that itch to keep going. I really don't know."

edit:

And somehow I missed this several pages ago. Ah well.

Farooq

Banned
He's having surgery (ACL), might not even declare last I heard.

Yea, I read that. From what I read it would be difficult for him to play if he stays. Most likely a redshirt year if he is drafted as well. Might factor into his decision.

I'm kinda hoping for Joff too, or maybe even Myles Jack since I think he's the best athlete in the draft. Curious about Ramsey too. Right now, I'm just waiting for somebody who's smarter than me to evaluate some college film (Sturm). I think I'd be fine with somebody like Booker or Collins to be RB.

I am down with drafting freaks. I haven't even looked at RBs yet to be honest.

I wonder if Jerry goes fuck it, I am going all in with Romo and trades down for a boatload of picks. That's probably what I would do if I decided to ride it out with Romo. If Goff is there when we pick, call the Rams. Their 2016 first and two seconds plus next year's first. Trade down from 15 for another couple of picks. Six picks in the top 100, would love that. Anyway, I am done playing Madden.

Farooq!! You excited for the top 5 pick and 9 total draft picks this year?

I'm not farooq (who is a cool guy) but I will answer because of cowboys questions

I'd love to maybe get Goff but thats a lot to invest in a 3rd stringer eventual replacement when theres so many needs now

That said, I dont see romo playing 16 games

I'm glad theres so many picks though.

Line_HTX

UTKevinAcee ‏@UTKevinAcee 35m35 minutes ago

#Chargers chairman Dean Spanos just left NFL headquarters. He said, "It looks like we'll get it done next week."

They got the votes for next Wednesday? This is kind of going too fast, if you ask me. I thought the League wanted to be super meticulous on the transition and that the LA project must not fail.

*turns hat backwards

What a ruffian you are.

Farooq

Banned
I'm not farooq (who is a cool guy) but I will answer because of cowboys questions

I'd love to maybe get Goff but thats a lot to invest in a 3rd stringer eventual replacement when theres so many needs now

That said, I dont see romo playing 16 games

I'm glad theres so many picks though.

I think a lot of fans who want a QB now are fans who were probably scarred from the years between Aikman and Romo. We got a glimpse of life without Romo this year. It would definitely suck to waste a talented line in their prime with no one at QB.

I think valid arguments can be made for a BPA approach or attempting to draft Romo's successor. I would love to hear those discussions at Valley Ranch though. I would give my left nut just to be a fly on the wall.

My new home theater recliners arrived today for the man cave. I need a movie to watch to break them in. Anyone catch Sicario? Might rent it.

Sam Ponder and LCzar.

Yes...yes, this will work.

Wait what

giphy.gif

Bitanator

I'm leaning towards the QB with the first pick for Dallas, It is the smartest thing to do I am hoping we will not have anymore top 5 picks for a very long time.

brentech

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 2m2 minutes ago
Aaron Rodgers tells @jasonjwilde: 'I've never lost confidence in myself, and our team will be ready to play.'

UnderstatedSnappyBumblebee.gif

Drakeon

Well, I'm kinda relieved Payton isn't coming to SF, I don't hold a high opinion of him since Bounty gate.

Still pulling for Hue Jackson or Adam Gase.

Top Bottom