• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Duxxy3

Happy as hell with what we were able to get from Chandler Jones. A second rounder and, potentially, a starting guard. All for a player that disappeared in the playoffs and also smoked some K2 and walked to a police station half naked.

There was no chance that we were going to be able to sign him long term. Not with Hightower, Collins and Butler needing to be paid.

I'm guessing that the Pats will sign Long or extend out Sheard. Or both.

MechDX

Guystandingintherainsad.gif

Time to update the photo Printer:

tasVvRd.jpg

TheFatOne

Happy as hell with what we were able to get from Chandler Jones. A second rounder and, potentially, a starting guard. All for a player that disappeared in the playoffs and also smoked some K2 and walked to a police station half naked.

There was no chance that we were going to be able to sign him long term. Not with Hightower, Collins and Butler needing to be paid.

Having Scarnecchia back is very nice for a move like this. Maybe he can work his magic once again on a guy who has some talent. Chris Long would be a good option for the Pats. I hope they can work something out with him. Shouldn't break the bank either. Really excited to see more of Sheard.

Hunter S.

Everybody loves a Patriot killer!

cjanderson.0.gif

Too much money. This does mean they will treat him like a work horse, so it might pay off.

Extending Sheard is something they have to do.

Best pickup from last year.

Duxxy3

Everybody loves a Patriot killer!

cjanderson.0.gif

Too much money. This does mean they will treat him like a work horse, so it might pay off.

I think he'll be great with more and more carries.

Would have loved for the Patriots to sign him, but there's no chance we would have paid that much (much to my disappointment).

rando14

Mediocre guard with some tackle experience. Played with the Raiders last season. Will probably take over for Sweezy.

Not even mediocre... significantly below mediocre. I was under the impression that Glowinski would take over at RG as well. Maybe he'll play LG and send Britt to the bench?

What the hell is this signing. Losing a comp pick as well

You mean Dr. Who David Tennant?

Floyd pls
I didn't realize that's who it was. I've never seen Dr. Who.

Why we signed Dega -_-
Because Paul wants to tank.. He can't make it too obvious.

Time to update the photo Printer:

tasVvRd.jpg

I need a hair cut for my avatar first

It's alright Floyd. With Fantomex, Chris, and TDR soon leaving there's plenty of room in Dolphins-GAF to be my wingman.

We can even celebrate all our losses by getting drunk and watching lots of wrestling and anime!
Well I do have an autographed Larry Csonka ball.

Hunter S.

I think he'll be great with more and more carries.

Would have loved for the Patriots to sign him, but there's no chance we would have paid that much (much to my disappointment).
I am glad they kept one home grown dude. Most of our best players now were free agents.

effzee

Late but super happy Eagles bringing back Nolan Carol. Was the best CB on the team last year before he got hurt.

Has a chance to be even better now that Billy Davis and his scheme are gone. Might be a legit starter a notch below pro bowl status. It's also only a 1 year deal so that doesn't the take the Eagles out of the running for the top CB available at 8, although it does make me want them to take Jack more and more.

Godslay

Banned

Could have got him for cheaper.

I thought for certain they put it out there like that because they weren't afraid to let him walk and were looking to move on.

Now it looks like a misjudgment on what his value was. Or allowing the market to decide what his true value is. However you want to look at it.

With that CJ contract match, I guess Mark Sanchez will be our starting quarterback.

What a time to be alive, folks.

We survived Orton.

That was the worst time period ever for me.

Gobias

Banned
I legitimately dont have any idea what the Browns are doing.

I would be in favor of trading Thomas if we didn't just lose every young talented player we had on the line. Still might as well trade him and get as much as we can from him before his talent starts depleting. He won't last long enough to see a winning team in Cleveland.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
You can tell a lot about a franchise when one team's darkest times was seen as a ray of hope by another. Orton wasn't fantastic or anything, but at least Buffalo was trying. But now is the time of Tygod. We have put the past 3 decades behind us. Now is our future.

Especially when Brady gets suspended and we win the AFC East. Bilieve

LJ11

You can tell a lot about a franchise when one team's darkest times was seen as a ray of hope by another. Orton wasn't fantastic or anything, but at least Buffalo was trying. But now is the time of Tygod. We have put the past 3 decades behind us. Now is our future.

Especially when Brady gets suspended and we win the AFC East. Bilieve

LOL

Honestly, I get excited for every season, even if I truly know the eventual outcome before it even starts. It's a shame a lot of the old guard is gone. Kyle Williams is old and falling apart, we wasted his talents but I enjoyed watching him play. Fred gone. We've had some very good talent, just couldn't put the team together, poor coaching. Looking forward to the season. I hope we land a good one in the draft, some goo players, need to overhaul the D but also need a WR. Just want guys to stay healthy.

MechDX

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 3m3 minutes ago
Veteran former Rams tight end Jared Cook visiting Packers, according to league sources

Respect

Just found out about the trade, think it's a good move. Don't think there was anyway Jones was on the team after this year, so get a 2nd round pick for his last year of service. As for Cooper...no clue about him, sounds like the usual high potential but injured guy NE likes to gamble on. Regardless, like the move even if Cooper just turns into a solid backup. If he becomes a quality starter it becomes a great deal.

I would be in favor of trading Thomas if we didn't just lose every young talented player we had on the line. Still might as well trade him and get as much as we can from him before his talent starts depleting. He won't last long enough to see a winning team in Cleveland.

I agree with this. Throw him in. Send him off somewhere where they need left tackle help and get what we can.

Draxal

Floyd WTH.

Charlie Campbell – & #8207;@DraftCampbell

Per sources with multiple teams they have hard party drug concerns with #OhioState DE Joey Bosa & RB Ezekiel Elliott

Hindl

Floyd WTH.

Charlie Campbell – & #8207;@DraftCampbell

Per sources with multiple teams they have hard party drug concerns with #OhioState DE Joey Bosa & RB Ezekiel Elliott

Must be real fuckups. Unless they are getting hair tests, Molly would be out of their system in a few days

Top Bottom