• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Floyd WTH.

Charlie Campbell – & #8207;@DraftCampbell

Per sources with multiple teams they have hard party drug concerns with #OhioState DE Joey Bosa & RB Ezekiel Elliott

Don't blame me. I didn't do it.

Urban Meyer players with character issues?

He says while cheering for the Aggies.

Cleveland doesn't share all the blame Squicken. Aggie-Land was right there too at the switch.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/15/johnny-manziel-nfl-cleveland-browns

Clowns put their media sycophants on JFF for the usual post-cut hit piece
Stop.. You don't have to defend anymore. You said you gave up on him anyway.

Draxal

http://m.campussports.net/teams-worry-joey-bosa-ezekiel-elliott-use-hard-party-drugs/

Thus, since Bosa admitted that he liked attending raves, teams are of the belief that he didn’t take the drug test because he knew it would come back hot. But Bosa also said that after being roommates with Elliott for a while, he had to get his own place because of Elliott partying at their shared apartment regularly.

Other Ohio State players confirmed this, thus the concern was born. They also said that Elliott’s personality rubbed some of them the wrong way..

Basically goes into more detail of what was said in that tweet.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/15/okung-has-one-fewer-suitor/

The problem, as we hear it, is three-fold. Okung views himself as meriting a deal in the range of $11 million to $13 million per year. Also, teams who have made offers aren’t going to leave them open indefinitely; because Okung isn’t an expert when it comes to negotiating NFL contracts, he doesn’t appreciate the importance of moving at the right time. Finally, he’s still recovering from shoulder surgery, which complicates the entire situation even further.

Wut?

cdyhybrid

Can't have players out here using drugs when they could be slowly killing themselves with an ice cold Budweiser, official beer of the NFL, instead.

Floyd WTH.

Charlie Campbell – & #8207;@DraftCampbell

Per sources with multiple teams they have hard party drug concerns with #OhioState DE Joey Bosa & RB Ezekiel Elliott
Cue the DMX song "Slippin"

From #1 all the way down to out of the 1st round for Bosa?

Glee1.gif

I got you Chris.

Thank you friend and I'm still with you and Darkest as long as Wake is still there...but they are pushing the limits of my Fandom....

Fantomex

Can't wait for Belichick to take a safety no ones heard of with that 2nd round pick

I don't know if you forgot, but Bellichick ain't been the same since Kendrick and his homeys made him a posterchild on To Pimp A Butterfly fam.

Uh, and when I wake up
I recognize you're lookin' at me for the pay cut
Behind my side we lookin' at you from the face down
With a mac-11 even boom with the bass down
Schemin'! And let me tell you bout my life
Painkillers only put me in the twilight
Where pretty women and killing Bellichicks is the highlight

Godslay

Banned

I don't get this part, is this ingrained in him then? Get benched or beat out and bail?

Before the QB’s sophomore year, in 2010, Osweiler was beaten out by Steven Threet, a transfer from Michigan. Frustrated, Osweiler told Mazzone that he was considering transferring to a school back in Montana. Hang in there until the end of the season, the coach urged. Weeks later Threet suffered a concussion in the first quarter against UCLA. With the Sun Devils trailing 17–0, Osweiler loped onto the field and threw four touchdown passes in a 55–34 win. He started the next 14 games and entered the NFL draft following his junior season.

From the same article

Before the QB’s sophomore year, in 2010, Osweiler was beaten out by Steven Threet, a transfer from Michigan. Frustrated, Osweiler told Mazzone that he was considering transferring to a school back in Montana. Hang in there until the end of the season, the coach urged.

I guess Kubiak should have told Oz to hang in until next season and he would have stayed.

I honestly don't give a fuck about if he takes Molly, I just don't want him at 8. Jack > Stanley > Hargreaves. If all three are off the board, then I could be alright with Elliot.

No way should they take a RB at 8. Matthews and Barner are fine, take a late round/UFA guy to throw into the mix as well.

Line_HTX

I don't get this part, is this ingrained in him then? Get benched or beat out and bail?
From the same article

I guess Kubiak should have told Oz to hang in until next season and he would have stayed.

I guess so, it's a "you'll get the starter sooner than you think."

Maybe Brock saw that there could be an exodus of players? I think his presser mostly told the truth about wanting an opportunity to grow.

ampere

I don't know if you forgot, but Bellichick ain't been the same since Kendrick and his homeys made him a posterchild on To Pimp A Butterfly fam.

Uh, and when I wake up
I recognize you're lookin' at me for the pay cut
Behind my side we lookin' at you from the face down
With a mac-11 even boom with the bass down
Schemin'! And let me tell you bout my life
Painkillers only put me in the twilight
Where pretty women and killing Bellichicks is the highlight

Kendrick was wearing a Pats jacket in the King Kunta video

Hindl

No way should they take a RB at 8. Matthews and Barner are fine, take a late round/UFA guy to throw into the mix as well.

I agree there's a lot of other players at 8 I'd rather take. But if all of those players are off the board, BPA unless someone wants a trade to recoup a 2nd. But it's highly unlikely everyone else will be off the board anyway.

No wonder Chip didn't fit in with that Eagles culture

Poor guy didn't stand a chance

Godslay

Banned
Hmm, I guess it works out that if Elway would have put the 2nd round tender on CJ they would have ended up paying more for him this year. Then he would have still entered FA.

Actually worked out for the better money wise this way:

2nd Tender: $2.55M

Current Deal: $2.075M

I guess so, it's a "you'll get the starter sooner than you think."

Maybe Brock saw that there could be an exodus of players? I think his presser mostly told the truth about wanting an opportunity to grow.

He could have started this year in Denver. Exodus of players is overstated.

He wanted more say at the line which Kubes wouldn't have given him, unless he earned it of course.

I can get that he may have wanted to work in Buttchin's O over Kubes. That's fair.

I still believe he's a sour puss, that can't handle being benched and chased the money.

Hmm, I guess it works out that if Elway would have put the 2nd round tender on CJ they would have ended up paying more for him this year. Then he would have still entered FA.

Actually worked out for the better money wise this way:

2nd Tender: $2.55M

Current Deal: $2.075M

He could have started this year in Denver. Exodus of players is overstated.

He wanted more say at the line which Kubes wouldn't have given him, unless he earned it of course.

I can get that he may have wanted to work in Buttchin's O over Kubes. That's fair.

I still believe he's a sour puss, that can't handle being benched and chased the money.

The implications of this Von contract is huge right. The guaranteed dollars I mean, that is why Elway is trying to get deals done with respect to that.

Forget about Brock, I honestly feel like Sanchez can do what Brock can

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Speaking of VR, some folks are reporting getting confirmation emails for shipping addresses for their KS backed CV1 Rifts.

Hopefully the rest of us get more info soon, I ended up slipping to the April ship queue but am hoping enough people cancelled that I move up to the March shipments.

Top Bottom