• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

MechDX

Why are the Dolphins visiting with Mario Williams today? Isnt one stupidly, overpaid defensive lineman enough?

Mario is just so meh.

Hindl

I think a million more, but Mario is gonna be an Eagle.

We have no need for Mario Williams. We already are paying three DEs starter money. If you want to bring in Mario Williams you'll have to cut Connor Barwin, and I don't want that to happen

MechDX

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...tony-romo-could-provide-harvard-degree-for-qb
"If a player came in here and played behind him three or four years, he would come out with a Harvard degree in how to play quarterback in my mind," Jones said, according to the club's official website. "He would be that influential. And it would open up an area of how to play the game that we all would agree has a certain unique style to it -– Romo."

SNICKER.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Youre insularity towards Houston since you decided to move to cousin dating Kentucky is disheartening.

Houston might be the most frustrating franchise in football.

Always so much damn talent and they just can't fucking get there because of people like Brian fucking Hoyer. I'm hoping Clowney takes that next step up next season and the defense has a monster season. Hell, park the Brinks truck outside Papa John's HQ and just noodle arm your way through the AFC.

MechDX

Always so much damn talent and they just can't fucking get there because of people like Brian fucking Hoyer. I'm hoping Clowney takes that next step up next season and the defense has a monster season. Hell, park the Brinks truck outside Papa John's HQ and just noodle arm your way through the AFC.

102450-nicolas-cage-wink-gif-smiling-IFKN.gif

HE's got this.

Line_HTX

Have you not hard Bob McNair's clear message on what the #1 priority is this offseason?

Spinluck

Yup, Weedon was their best QB last season.

They maybe score a FG against KC if he plays.

squicken

Kinda getting vibe from Philly guys that Jeff Allen to the Eagles is a done deal. 26 year old guard from KC. Definitely is a need. Not sure how good he is

solid breakdown on why OV is not worth the money

This is all obvious if you watch the Dolphins

he made too many mental mistakes in a contract year. He was flagged for five roughing-the-passer penalties and one unsportsmanlike conduct, per NFLPenalties.com. His six 15-yard penalties almost negated his 7.5 sacks.

Arguably the worst part of his play last year, also going low and injuring Mariota as well.

He had one pretty good year and is a decent compliment on the line, but he's not worth the ridiculous amount of money he's asking for.

Beach

Vernon reminds me of Lamar Houston a few years back. Good young DE but no where near the money he will end up getting after a few productive seasons

Vernon reminds me of Lamar Houston a few years back. Good young DE but no where near the money he will end up getting after a few productive seasons

Pretty much, which is why I'd prefer Williams, keep Shelby/Fede and Wake and use them as rotational/situational players while drafting a DE in the later rounds and you've replaced OV on the cheap.

Arguably the worst part of his play last year, also going low and injuring Mariota as well.

He had one pretty good year and is a decent compliment on the line, but he's not worth the ridiculous amount of money he's asking for.

I forget to bring that up too but dude is dirty too and he's not good enough to forget those mistakes like Suh is (To his credit Suh was pretty clean last year)

Edit: Dutchy!!!

Pretty much, which is why I'd prefer Williams, keep Shelby/Fede and Wake and use them as rotational/situational players while drafting a DE in the later rounds and you've replaced OV on the cheap.

I forget to bring that up too but dude is dirty too and he's not good enough to forget those mistakes like Suh is (To his credit Suh was pretty clean last year)

Edit: Dutchy!!!

What did you guys do!

I leave for 1 week....

Tom Penny

Why would the Saints tag a guy who is under contract? Still wondering why they have not reworked his contract

The point is he trapped them / the franchise are dumb fucks. He guaranteed to get an enormous paycheck for a restructure because his cap hit was 30 million or tag for 43..brilliant forecasting by the Saints. I guess the good thing is they have a really good team around him so they don't really need money for other guys.

What Grover isn't telling you is that Arsenal was up 1-0 when they had a man get a red card, then went down 1-2, only to valiantly score a goal shorthanded for a tie. All the Arse bros are happy today
Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.. A Reverse Cleveland if you will.

Was it the Giroux guy who got the red card? He's basically one the few players I know.

The few times I watched it annoyed me because of Offsides penalties... Why does that exist?

What did you guys do!

I leave for 1 week....
Hi friend.. And things happened.. We should just blame Gata. I feel that is wise.

MechDX

The point is he trapped them / the franchise are dumb fucks. He guaranteed to get an enormous paycheck for a restructure because his cap hit was 30 million or tag for 43..brilliant forecasting by the Saints. I guess the good thing is they have a really good team around him so they don't really need money for other guys.

Yeah most of their contracts are stupidly upside down:

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-orleans-saints

At least they are finally under the new cap but only have like 4 million to spend in free agency

Top Bottom