• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.. A Reverse Cleveland if you will.

Was it the Giroux guy who got the red card? He's basically one the few players I know.

The few times I watched it annoyed me because of Offsides penalties... Why does that exist?

Hi friend.. And things happened.. We should just blame Gata. I feel that is wise.
Fuck you I didn't do anything

Line_HTX

The point is he trapped them / the franchise are dumb fucks. He guaranteed to get an enormous paycheck for a restructure because his cap hit was 30 million or tag for 43..brilliant forecasting by the Saints. I guess the good thing is they have a really good team around him so they don't really need money for other guys.

ZIjqmxI.gif

There goes another year with no defense over there and Brees having to do everything.

MechDX

Conor Orr ‏@ConorOrr Mar 3
In one three-season stretch, Arian Foster ran for 4,264 yards and 41 touchdowns. He also caught 159passes for 1,438 yards. Hubba hubba.

Man when Arian was healthy he was REALLY good.

MechDX

Rumor from a Texans blogger that deal with RG Brandon Brooks is done and could be announced Monday. If true that is awesome and I would expect a new deal with center Ben Jones announced shortly afterwards. Keep that O line integrity intact. Something that seems to get overloooked by a lot of teams and sure as hell doesn't help the overall shitty offensive output league wide.

MechDX

schaub.jpg

"Not bad"

Secret no one knew: that playsheet has only 3 plays listed.

1) Arian run zone right
2) Arian run zone left
3) Schaub throws pick 6 lol

How much are they expected to pay both Brooks and Jones together?

ROFL wienke, I'm dying.

Brooks is going to be over paid, high premium right now on good, interior O linemen especially when they are only 26 years old. It is what it is though.

MechDX

Broncos situation with Manning is getting ugly. Dude doesn't want to retire. Going out Favre way.

Said last week Peyton was being a dick about this. Going to force the Broncos to show their hand and just release him.

Brock hits free agency and Texans drive up the price for the lulz. Of course then they are stuck with Osweiler as OfficeRob pointed out.

MechDX

But NFL teams were still interested in Favre as a player. Only the Rams might sign Peyton

Read somewhere this morning the Rams signing Peyton is almost a straight PR move. Use him to sell the PSL's for the new stadium. It would make sense since Kroenke doesnt actually give a damn about football.

Poor Case though. Kid just cant catch a break

Tom Penny

Read somewhere this morning the Rams signing Peyton is almost a straight PR move. Use him to sell the PSL's for the new stadium. It would make sense since Kroenke doesnt actually give a damn about football.

Poor Case though. Kid just cant catch a break

You really think someone will sign Manning because he can help them win games

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
But NFL teams were still interested in Favre as a player. Only the Rams might sign Peyton

Is Peyton worse than the bottom 16 starting quarterbacks though? I feel like he could play in the middle well enough...he's just not old Manning. He'd also bring in that expertise in offense and that locker room leadership.

Syrinx

The point is he trapped them / the franchise are dumb fucks. He guaranteed to get an enormous paycheck for a restructure because his cap hit was 30 million or tag for 43..brilliant forecasting by the Saints. I guess the good thing is they have a really good team around him so they don't really need money for other guys.
Tales From Cap Hell.

Lol Saints.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
This is why people shitting on Favre were nearsighted. I can hardly think of a sure-fire first round HoF QB that didn't drag on his career well past its due date. To play at that level in the NFL for so long, you have to be competitive above all else. Telling a relatively young man that the spectre of death is closer than he thinks would affect anybody. These guys are nearing 40. Most people are just really settling into their careers at that point, not being told theirs is over.

Is Peyton worse than the bottom 16 starting quarterbacks though? I feel like he could play in the middle well enough...he's just not old Manning. He'd also bring in that expertise in offense and that locker room leadership.

He played ok in the playoffs, maybe he feels after a full off-season to recover he'll be ok? There are maybe 2 or 3 teams at best where he would be an upgrade over what they have...but Manning would need to go to a contender who is only a QB away...and that would be? He just needs to retire, the only thing he'll accomplish is holding a team back from finding a QB.

Tom Penny

He was the worst QB in the entire league last year and his next team won't have Emmanuel Sanders, Demarius and the best defense in the league.

Pepiope

That's not true, Sam Bradford was still in the league.
Leave my QB alone. He was a top QB in the NFL during the 2nd half of last season, and now he gets a whole off-season of just working out and improving rather than rehabbing. Be afraid, he will be in Seattle next season.

cdyhybrid

Leave my QB alone. He was a top QB in the NFL during the 2nd half of last season, and now he gets a whole off-season of just working out and improving rather than rehabbing. Be afraid, he will be in Seattle next season.

To play for us? That is indeed frightening. Would rather just pay TJack.

Top Bottom