• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Tom Penny

Ok weird situation while leaving work tonight. Lock the doors and while walking to my car I hear some woman yelling "hey mister!". I turn around and see this early to mid 20's female walking towards me with a rolling suitcase. Tells me she is lost and dont know where she is and needs a ride home. Give her a quick look over and notice she has a french pedicure and manicure, wearing some nice tights and a slightly over sized shirt, a bandanna on her had and has a really nice engagement ring on so im thinking well she obviously isnt a homeless crazy person.

She says she was riding with some younger kids who just dropped her off and she lives in Spring (about 15 minutes from where my work is). I tell her I cant give her a ride but I would be happy to use my cell to call someone for her. Says she has no family or friends she can call but has a fiance' but doesnt know his number from memory. At this point she starts crying and begging me to take her home. reiterated I couldnt take her and she asked if she could come home with me......I laughed and said politely no. I asked where in Spring she lived and she didnt know the physical address but could give me directions to get there.

I suddenly had images of me laying a ditch with vital organs removed. I pointed to a local restaurant that was open and had an off duty sheriffs deputy running security. Its just weird she was really well groomed and honestly did have a pretty nice look. To only be young and dumb again and just offer to take her home.

Freaky weird though.

Reminds of when we went to Foxwoods for a bachelor party. Hit the club and my buddy though he was actually going to pull of a menage with two girls. Went back to the room and got him in the hot tub and robbed him. He didn't even know until the next morning when his wallet was gone. Had fun explaining that one to his girl...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
John Wick is amazing.

The beginning is so sad though...

Ok weird situation while leaving work tonight. Lock the doors and while walking to my car I hear some woman yelling "hey mister!". I turn around and see this early to mid 20's female walking towards me with a rolling suitcase. Tells me she is lost and dont know where she is and needs a ride home. Give her a quick look over and notice she has a french pedicure and manicure, wearing some nice tights and a slightly over sized shirt, a bandanna on her had and has a really nice engagement ring on so im thinking well she obviously isnt a homeless crazy person.

She says she was riding with some younger kids who just dropped her off and she lives in Spring (about 15 minutes from where my work is). I tell her I cant give her a ride but I would be happy to use my cell to call someone for her. Says she has no family or friends she can call but has a fiance' but doesnt know his number from memory. At this point she starts crying and begging me to take her home. reiterated I couldnt take her and she asked if she could come home with me......I laughed and said politely no. I asked where in Spring she lived and she didnt know the physical address but could give me directions to get there.

I suddenly had images of me laying a ditch with vital organs removed. I pointed to a local restaurant that was open and had an off duty sheriffs deputy running security. Its just weird she was really well groomed and honestly did have a pretty nice look. To only be young and dumb again and just offer to take her home.

Freaky weird though.

Ugh, I was just thinking the other day that I don't know anyone's number anymore.

The big red flag is not knowing her own address. Like really? Also who travels without a cell phone? Way too many red flags...

MechDX

Hyped.

If this sucks as much as BvS I'll probably take a break from comicbook movies indefinitely.

Can't believe MoS was better.

It will be a Marvel Film. Considered by some to be the same thing on repeat but the formula works. Marvel did it right by slowly building up the universe one movie at a time why DC is trying to cram 3 movies into one.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Back home now. Gonna have to get used to Pacific time again.

What I miss? I have like 3 pages to catch up on.

EDIT: I see Scooter got nabbed wandering over on gaming side for a post now deleted. Ya'll should know better by now about gaming side!

Watching Kenny Mane's thing about dodgeball on Sportscenter made me miss it. Favorite thing to do in gym class by far. Our teacher threatened to make us use rubber balls instead of soft ones if we misbehaved but I think everyone wanted them anyways. Favorite time playing it was actually in a mental hospital though.

Vyer

Freaky weird though.

I'm glad I didn't hear bout this later on ch.13 news, Mech my friend. You probably made the correct call

Daft Punk

Banned

Why not? Guy is an athletic freak who has had to play with some bad QBs during his career. Now he gets to play with one of the best and help take the top off with the help of Aaron Rodgers. As long as the deal is beneficial to the Packers, I don't see a downside.

rando14

Why not? Guy is an athletic freak who has had to play with some bad QBs during his career. Now he gets to play with one of the best and help take the top off with the help of Aaron Rodgers. As long as the deal is beneficial to the Packers, I don't see a downside.

"Jared Cook dropped 10 of 69 targets last season for a drop rate of 20.4%. For perspective, D. Adams dropped 10 of 88 for drop rate of 16.7%."

Congratulations on the signing!!

Daft Punk

Banned
"Jared Cook dropped 10 of 69 targets last season for a drop rate of 20.4%. For perspective, D. Adams dropped 10 of 88 for drop rate of 16.7%."

Congratulations on the signing!!

Ok.

Sam-Bradford-Injury.jpg

Also, just for good measure:

Line_HTX

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 20m20 minutes ago

London franchise remains on NFL's radar screen http://wp.me/p14QSB-a0Px

"I really believe it could happen," Kraft said. "The logistics have to be worked out and I think as we continue to play three games there and maybe even more that a decision on that could happen before the end of the decade."

Whether or not a team moves to London, the NFL will keep staging games there and in other countries every year. Because the NFL knows that the key to growing the revenue lies in growing the sport beyond American borders.

"I think we have to educate people about how great our game is and when we do — I know the two trips that we have made to London have been unbelievable — and the more people understand our sport the more love it and we have pretty much tapped out what we can do here in America," Kraft said.

I don't see how London franchise is even being considered.

1) Time difference
2) good luck attracting free agents
3) THE FUCKING TIME DIFFERENCE

Daft Punk

Banned
Lmao who cares who's throwing the passes. A drop is a drop, regardless if it's thrown by Johnny manziel or joe Montana.

I don't know what the 2nd picture is supposed to mean!!

I'm sorry, but if you can't see that there is a difference between getting passes from a QB like Foles or Bradford compared to someone like Rodgers, then I can't help you. Foles Completion % was 56% in 2015. Bradford's? 60%. Rodgers in his worst year ever? 61%. Yea a drop is a drop, but I expect him to to catch more passes when they are thrown better.

The 2nd picture was me being snarky with the Seahawks loss to the Rams.

Fantomex

Back home now. Gonna have to get used to Pacific time again.

What I miss? I have like 3 pages to catch up on.

EDIT: I see Scooter got nabbed wandering over on gaming side for a post now deleted. Ya'll should know better by now about gaming side!

They're hard headed. Just wont listen and stay in the fort.

Top Bottom