• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

MechDX

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 1h1 hour ago
Nick Fairley to Saints on one-year deal, was also offered by Texans and Patriots and Eagles, league source confirms

Didnt know the Texans were after him. Would have been neat to see him on the same line as Watt.

London isn't a legitimate idea and cities shouldn't let these owners punk them into forking over more cash because of the specter of having their team taken overseas.

Logistically impossible to have one team from a NA league based in Europe.

Line_HTX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 15m15 minutes ago

Former Texans RB Arian Foster is scheduled to visit the Miami Dolphins on Tuesday, per source.

Here's your chance, Chris and LaFarebear.

London isn't a legitimate idea and cities shouldn't let these owners punk them into forking over more cash because of the specter of having their team taken overseas.

Logistically impossible to have one team from a NA league based in Europe.

Eh, it's about the same time from Miami to Seattle direct as NYC to London direct. It would only be 8 home games. 3 of which would presumably be teams from the East Coast. That only leaves 5 other teams to fly to London, which is pretty much where we are at now. It really wouldn't change things that drastically. Some creative scheduling sure, but it doesn't seem that logistically difficult.

MechDX

Oh I misunderstood what you were saying. Has any team ever given a guy a huge contract like that without at least bringing him in for a visit?

If you are truly following the rules then yes. Every player who "agrees in principle" during the 3 day tampering period. Personally I dont believe they do not talk before. They just are not going to admit it publically

If you are truly following the rules then yes. Every player who "agrees in principle" during the 3 day tampering period. Personally I dont believe they do not talk before. They just are not going to admit it publically

That makes sense. Florio was making it sound like the Texans just rushed in without doing their due diligence, and he kept asking questions hypothetically like "what if Brock hates the facilities, or doesnt get along with the coaches."

MechDX

That makes sense. Florio was making it sound like the Texans just rushed in without doing their due diligence, and he kept asking questions hypothetically like "what if Brock hates the facilities, or doesnt get along with the coaches."

Thats why I posted the Tweets. That Boston Globe article Squicken posted stated the Texans couldnt even give Oz a playbook which is completely false. O'Brien openly said at the owners meetings last week he gave OZ an IPad with the playbook

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL Mar 27
After OBrien said at NFL meetings he didn't meet with Osweiler I asked him to clarify. He said until it was legal, then they met extensively

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 20m20 minutes ago

London franchise remains on NFL's radar screen http://wp.me/p14QSB-a0Px

What the hell NFL, you have a top 5 city in Toronto right here waiting!

Also preemptive fuck you to everyone in here who says we have Buffalo.

I'm still unsure of what I'd do. I'd support the Toronto team but I don't know if they could steal my heart like Derek Anderson did.

How does the fan rules go in this situation? Am I allowed to root for both teams for a few years then make a decision or do I have to instantly cut bait with the old team?

Fantomex

I have mostly been banned for posts in these threads.

Streets ain't safe no more.

There be snitches out to get everybody.

So the question now is. Will Gata be remembered as Snitch Wallace or Snitch Randy?

hqdefault.jpg
1258050772-maestroharrell.jpg

cdyhybrid

Bradford actually played pretty well for the Rams last season. I don't think it will be as big of a drop off for Jared Cook going to Green Bay.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Didnt know the Texans were after him. Would have been neat to see him on the same line as Watt.

Nick Fairley: Big Disappointment or Biggest Disappointment?

I remember when the Lions drafted him and they were gonna line him up with Suh. Despite Kas accusing Packer fans of being worried about whatever recent JAG they sign off the street, that was actually concerning. Then both Suh and Fairley regressed and the Lions were the Lions.

MechDX

Nick Fairley: Big Disappointment or Biggest Disappointment?

I remember when the Lions drafted him and they were gonna line him up with Suh. Despite Kas accusing Packer fans of being worried about whatever recent JAG they sign off the street, that was actually concerning. Then both Suh and Fairley regressed and the Lions were the Lions.

I hated the Watt pick because I wanted Fairley. #Ashamed

No.. I just don't want fuck over the grave of some stranger.. There's this thing called standards.. You know who fucks in public Chris? Bills fans.. That's what you want to be? A Bills fan?

I don't live in Ohio MRSA..

It wouldn't be in public, obviously it'd be at night when it's closed....and I doubt the dead stranger would care much, hell he/she might enjoy the show.

Spinluck

Ok weird situation while leaving work tonight. Lock the doors and while walking to my car I hear some woman yelling "hey mister!". I turn around and see this early to mid 20's female walking towards me with a rolling suitcase. Tells me she is lost and dont know where she is and needs a ride home. Give her a quick look over and notice she has a french pedicure and manicure, wearing some nice tights and a slightly over sized shirt, a bandanna on her had and has a really nice engagement ring on so im thinking well she obviously isnt a homeless crazy person.

She says she was riding with some younger kids who just dropped her off and she lives in Spring (about 15 minutes from where my work is). I tell her I cant give her a ride but I would be happy to use my cell to call someone for her. Says she has no family or friends she can call but has a fiance' but doesnt know his number from memory. At this point she starts crying and begging me to take her home. reiterated I couldnt take her and she asked if she could come home with me......I laughed and said politely no. I asked where in Spring she lived and she didnt know the physical address but could give me directions to get there.

I suddenly had images of me laying a ditch with vital organs removed. I pointed to a local restaurant that was open and had an off duty sheriffs deputy running security. Its just weird she was really well groomed and honestly did have a pretty nice look. To only be young and dumb again and just offer to take her home.

Freaky weird though.

I would've did it.

Just regular old asset management/pricing, Energy Finance or Alternative Investments. I don't care anymore, I just need a subject :(((((
Write about investing in gold? I don't know anything about that.. Sorry. :(

It wouldn't be in public, obviously it'd be at night when it's closed....and I doubt the dead stranger would care much, hell he/she might enjoy the show.
I guess in a mausoleum works too? And it will be Yanet in the mausoleum.. Right?

bionic77

So the question now is. Will Gata be remembered as Snitch Wallace or Snitch Randy?

hqdefault.jpg
1258050772-maestroharrell.jpg
As someone who watched and loved that show both of those kids were likable, especially Wallace, so I don't either one applies to this scenario. It was tragic what happened to Randy and Wallace. Especially Wallace going out the way he did. That was fucked up.

Gata is the kind of snitch that nobody likes.

Gata would snitch and then also pull the trigger on Wallace.

Top Bottom