• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Not only have I been obsessively watching 2011 NBA Finals clips where the Mavs beat the Heat, I've now resorted to digging up archives of old sports podcasts from that time and listening to them.

I'm thirsty for a championship run of any kind. Being a Dallas fan, it happens rarely enough that you're never really satisfied but often enough that you never forget what it's like or give up all hope.

RBH

0212Cam-Newton-Peyton-Manning

Thank you Peyton Manning
and the Broncos' defense
for helping to strike down evil before riding off into the sunset.
aqDwC.png

I'm going to mad as hell if they end up reinstating Brady's suspension.

I'm wearing this bullshit because the justice system failed me and America the first time, it's too late to make it right now.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Thank you for the last four years, Peyton.

Brock has a serviceable offer on the table from the Broncos. But that likely means that Malik is not getting resigned.

This is going to get interesting.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'm going to mad as hell if they end up reinstating Brady's suspension.

I'm wearing this bullshit because the justice system failed me and America the first time, it's too late to make it right now.

Yeah, I was surprised to see that pop up on a new site. Thought the NFL would learn their case is bullshit and just stop trying to make it a thing.

Godslay

Banned
Glad to see the Papa is hanging it up. Super lucky as fans to have him come to Denver.

Brock's numbers are where I thought they would be. Now he just needs to sign.

Going back on my vacation until around the draft. Adios!

Another busted up Panther going to NY to die? Don't do it CJ! Don't do it!

Don't do it Giants! Don't do it! He's nothing more than a serviceable rotation guy at this point in his career. His last big year was 2013 and that was because Hardy was eating all of the blockers on the other side. Don't look for him to be a reliable every down 4-3 DE

Glad to see the Papa is hanging it up. Super lucky as fans to have him come to Denver.

Now Brock has more leverage.
Price might go up fuck

Milchjon

Not only have I been obsessively watching 2011 NBA Finals clips where the Mavs beat the Heat, I've now resorted to digging up archives of old sports podcasts from that time and listening to them.

I'm thirsty for a championship run of any kind. Being a Dallas fan, it happens rarely enough that you're never really satisfied but often enough that you never forget what it's like or give up all hope.

Dirk :*)

Peyton rides off into the sunset as a winner. I think he should have made it clear on the podium, but I understand the "not wanting to take away from the moment" kind of thing. Still, he sure as fuck dragged it out, just like Calvin Johnson is doing.

We will be having the Manning vs. Brady debate for eons, I'm sure. Of course, if Brady's suspension is reinstated, that cheater tag is gonna follow him forever as well.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

If Brock is smart he'll sign in Denver instead of loservilles like Houston or Cleveland.

If Brock is smart he'll sign in Denver instead of loservilles like Houston or Cleveland.

This may very well be his one big pay day. He didn't exactly blow the doors off the league during his stint as starter, and ultimately he was replaced by a guy who could barely throw the ball any longer. Yes, Denver is the spot where he has the history and, in my opinion, the best chance to succeed based off of his progression thus far.

That being said, the question is how much of that $45M or so offer from Denver is guaranteed? $15M? $20M?

And how much would Cleveland or Houston guarantee? If he truly flames out, then this is his chance to set himself up for life.

Of course he could always luck into a Sam Bradford like career where he is a complete waste of space and still manage to collect more than $100M over the course of his career.

If I'm him, I'm at least listening to what other teams offer in terms of guarantees.

Yeah, I was surprised to see that pop up on a new site. Thought the NFL would learn their case is bullshit and just stop trying to make it a thing.
It's not about the case at all now, but about their ability to levy punishment under the collective bargaining agreement. They aren't going to back down.

manfestival

Go quietly into the night Peyton. Thank you for all of the fantastic football after these years. You truly deserved the last lombardi after singlehandedly carrying the team with all of those fantastic plays.

And Tabris is banned during it. Perfection.

It's really weird how during my ban, Tabris apperently kept PM'ing me. Telling me shit about how he got food poisoning and how he actually is in love with the girl he's with, but he's scared she only likes him for his money.

He also said he talks shit just to cover up for his insecurities, especially now that he has to live of his trust fund, since he got fired for his poor performance at his work (hence the year long "vacation"). It's all really sad to see him hold appearances like this.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
This may very well be his one big pay day. He didn't exactly blow the doors off the league during his stint as starter, and ultimately he was replaced by a guy who could barely throw the ball any longer. Yes, Denver is the spot where he has the history and, in my opinion, the best chance to succeed based off of his progression thus far.

That being said, the question is how much of that $45M or so offer from Denver is guaranteed? $15M? $20M?

And how much would Cleveland or Houston guarantee? If he truly flames out, then this is his chance to set himself up for life.

Of course he could always luck into a Sam Bradford like career where he is a complete waste of space and still manage to collect more than $100M over the course of his career.

If I'm him, I'm at least listening to what other teams offer in terms of guarantees.

I know he didn't exactly set the world on fire and most of that me was just shit talking.

I'm not sure how much of the Broncos offer is guaranteed, but I mostly want him to stick around because he knows the Offense and if he doesn't flame out, they have a good QB that gets the job done.

He's more than likely going to get better offers and I'm sure he's going to go that route.

MechDX

If he isn't a Raider I'll honestly be shocked

And I imagine the Vernon thing is a backup plan if they don't end up with Malik Jackson

Why? Aging vet who has had zero playoff success. Why would he sign in Oakland? They are not contending next year.

Panthers make too much sense.

MechDX

There or the Cardinals.

No argument on that one either. There is a reason teams like the Jags, raiders and Browns have a lot of cap space: they have had a lack of talent for a while now.

You either stupidly overpay for aging vets or do what the Jags have been doing and what the Raiders seem to finally be startimg to do: build through the draft, augmnent your roster with some key vets to mentor and save some of that money to pay the young talent you got via the draft when their contracts are due

MechDX

Anyone want this early access demo code for Bravely Second: End Layer for the 3DS? I dont own a 3DS nor do I play JRPG's

Why? Aging vet who has had zero playoff success. Why would he sign in Oakland? They are not contending next year.

Panthers make too much sense.

Cowboys have rumored interest. Weddle was a Cowboy's fan growing up and they almost got him last time around when he ended up in SD.

It's really weird how during my ban, Tabris apperently kept PM'ing me. Telling me shit about how he got food poisoning and how he actually is in love with the girl he's with, but he's scared she only likes him for his money.

He also said he talks shit just to cover up for his insecurities, especially now that he has to live of his trust fund, since he got fired for his poor performance at his work (hence the year long "vacation"). It's all really sad to see him hold appearances like this.
Woman love brisket and friends.. He should have tried that first and if she didn't.. Well you kick her ass to the curb.

Spinluck

Thanks Peyton.

You were one of the best at dropping balls where other guys wouldn't dare put them.

Can't believe this day has come.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
When Brady retires it's going to be a completely different tone. Whether Pats fans like it or not, his legacy is tainted.

Is that how you danced when the Broncos won..

And Cam broke Grova's heart?

Who?

Any who I'm pretty sure you and I threw as many passes in the playoffs this year as Matt Ryan did, so the failed President can dance as much as he wants but it doesn't change the fact that he roots for a loser franchise with no past, no present, and no future.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Who?

Any who I'm pretty sure you and I threw as many passes in the playoffs this year as Matt Ryan did, so the failed President can dance as much as he wants but it change the fact that he roots for a loser franchise with no past, no present, and no future.

one of us is drunk and I've only had 2 bottles of champagne

Top Bottom