• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Furyous

Chip gonna make Kaep serviceable again! Believe! :(

^^ Talk that Jeff Garcia shit

If Nick Foles can look a solid pro bowl worthy player then Kaep at least looks competent under Chip. 9ers fans need more optimism about this as Blame Gabbert can benefit from Chip too. I'm trying to think of a QB that didn't look halfway decent under Chip in recent years.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Give me the $7m over the chance to blow my knee out in Denver.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

I also shake my head at college players that don't declare for the draft when they have a first round grade. Or people who are up big when gambling and don't walk away. It's all the same concept!

MechDX

I just posted about that April Fools joke...are you sure? If so congrats!!!

I wouldn't joke about this, I'm.nervous as hell even with it being my 3rd. Wife sent me a text with the ultrasound photo. Surprise!!

I appreciate the congrats and kind words. The sex itself was pretty good. Highly recommended if you haven't tried it yet.

Russell Justin James if its a boy

Ciara Wilson if it's a girl.

I'll ask Russell on Twitter to be the god father

Do the Broncos want to have Kap take a $7 million pay-cut? I thought they were willing to pay him $7 million this season.

I'm also not sure how the Broncos are going to stay under the cap. Don't teams need $10 million in cap space for all their draft choices?

MechDX

Do the Broncos want to have Kap take a $7 million pay-cut? I thought they were willing to pay him $7 million this season.

I'm also not sure how the Broncos are going to stay under the cap. Don't teams need $10 million in cap space for all their draft choices?

Varies depending on draft position but it's around 5-7 milllion. Broncos drafting last so they are on the low end.

Rumor today the Broncos want kap to play for $7 milllion this year.

Godslay

Banned
Give me the $7m over the chance to blow my knee out in Denver.

It's $11.9M vs. $7M that Denver would want him at.

$5M difference basically. Steep cut, but I guess they can rework that deal even with the $11.9M guarantee. How that works out... I don't know.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Varies depending on draft position but it's around 5-7 milllion. Broncos drafting last so they are on the low end.

Rumor today the Broncos want kap to play for $7 milllion this year.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/colin-kaepernick/

Looks like the smart money for him would be to see what he can do under Chip and try and keep his current contract. Why play for $7 million when he can make just under $14 in SF? And then maybe $17 million next season!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I don't think the Broncos have the cap space to bring Kaep over, even if it's at $7M. They'll have to do some more roster maneuvering.

-

Found an article on espn.

Looking through figures from the NFLPA from this past week and considering Okung’s deal -- it likely won’t be formally calculated by the NFL’s management council until Monday -- the Broncos open the week with about $6.6 million worth of salary-cap space under their $154.095 million salary cap when the top 51 cap figures for the coming season are added. By league rules, teams only count the top 51 cap figures until the final roster cutdowns to 53 players just before the regular season begins.

The rub for the Broncos, at the moment, is they have 10 picks in next month’s draft, so they are expected to need just over $6 million worth of cap room to cover their league-mandated draft pool. Teams cannot make picks in the draft until they have the room to account for their respective draft pools.
The current figure includes Ryan Clady’s $10.1 million salary-cap charge. The Broncos have spent the past few days, since Okung agreed to a deal last Friday, trying to trade Clady. If they cannot trade Clady, the Broncos are expected to release him, which would create $8.9 million worth of salary-cap space.

Tom Penny

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

I also shake my head at college players that don't declare for the draft when they have a first round grade. Or people who are up big when gambling and don't walk away. It's all the same concept!

Always take the money. I'm so many fantasy leagues it's all about getting to the title game then chopping. Only idiots roll the dice. In Vegas I used enter lots of poker tourney's and there is always one asshat at the final table that don't want to chop when it's down to like 5 people because he has like 1/8 more chips and thinks he deserves extra money. One kid didn't chop with my brother and it cost him almost a grand. He thought having 1/3 more chips was some big advantage when all it takes is one double up and your behind. Dummies.

bigosc2k

Banned
So my coworker is trying to sell me her xbone with 2 controllers and 4 games for $300, but I know the money is going to fuel her meth addicted boyfriend of hers.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Andrew Mason said $3-4M for all the draft picks. I understand they have to have that pool though.

Clady cut and restructure with Kaep would fit him in. They have enough wiggle room to get it done.

You will start trejo's tag and you'll like it!

bionic77

So my coworker is trying to sell me her xbone with 2 controllers and 4 games for $300, but I know the money is going to fuel her meth addicted boyfriend of hers.
If you don't buy it someone else will.

I am not sure what the right answer is here. Probably to walk away but when people are in the middle of a raging addiction they will do anything to get some more.

Tom Penny

My ex neighbor pulled a can I borrow 20 bucks I can't feed my kid and I gave it to him. I'm confident he smoked it...shockingly he never gave me the money back..

Mindlog

Steak is so great. If I ever get Gout I'm just going to run up my bill with Rando Industries. Cutting red meat is impossible.
Low ball her with $200 worth of meth.

bionic77

Pain in the joints due to uric acid crystallizing, it's generally caused by genetics and diet. Also alcohol can make gout flare up as well...
All I know is that Napoleon had it.

Sounds horrible.

From what I can tell of most diseases exercise and not being fat is the only thing that can help prevent anything. Otherwise it is all in your genetics.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You can't eat red meat if you get gout?

What the fuck is gout and how do I not get it?

Gout affects old people too.

My dad started getting it pretty bad in his foot in his early 80s. It's apparently like searing pain in every step.

However, he was an alcoholic so that may have something to do with it. He wasn't really fat and didn't eat red meat though.

bigosc2k

Banned
I would of considered of buying it from her, but I had family go through the same situation like her, and was trying to give her advice about her situation she's in.

Top Bottom