• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

CfYMHNUW4AEPXt0.jpg:large
The face of hope.

I hope that RG3 and the Browns have a good year.

8-8 one day will occur.. one day

RBSlut why do you feel the need to post all this random Browns stuff?
He's a secret fan.

NFL.com had a video asking an interesting question - is Luck a good QB?

Less than 60% completion, 19 Interceptions, 13 fumbles, easily the highest number of hits received.

He throws for a ton of yards but is that enough? That fumble number is especially high.

Spinluck get in here and defend ya boy.

MRSA

Banned
I got one of those foam rollers for my back and omg, its like the greatest thing ever. Fuck drugs, this thing is awesome.

Godslay

Banned
NFL.com had a video asking an interesting question - is Luck a good QB?

Less than 60% completion, 19 Interceptions, 13 fumbles, easily the highest number of hits received.

He throws for a ton of yards but is that enough? That fumble number is especially high.

Spinluck get in here and defend ya boy.

Brought that up last year.

He's not elite, yet. He has elite moments though. Guy also gets beat up and has played hurt so I think you have to take that into account.

Spin seemed pretty even on Luck though when it was brought up.

Godslay

Banned
Ordered an Iphone SE.

Never had an Iphone before, but got tired of Note 4 being such a beast. Just want to be able to read books and send texts on it so I think the Iphone will be okay for that.

MRSA

Banned
Oh awesome I'll order one today, so do you just roll on it?

You can just roll out your upper back, but your lower back you don't want to directly be on it (Not many people have muscles large enough around your lumbar spine so you can fuck shit up if you directly roll on your lumbar spine), roll out the muscles on the side of your lower lumbar so basically get on your side and roll the shit out of each side. You'll feel like a great man.

Ordered an Iphone SE.

Never had an Iphone before, but got tired of Note 4 being such a beast. Just want to be able to read books and send texts on it so I think the Iphone will be okay for that.

I've been thinking about going to the SE from a 6S, but I use 3D Touch so much that I don't think I can go back to a phone without it. The 6S is about as big as I can get with one handed usage.

Brought that up last year.

He's not elite, yet. He has elite moments though. Guy also gets beat up and has played hurt so I think you have to take that into account.

Spin seemed pretty even on Luck though when it was brought up.

See, I don't really buy the banged up excuse. Luck was brought up in that style of play, first with Arians, then Hamilton. If taking hits is screwing up his game so much his OC needs to dial back the 5 and 7 steps drops and focus on completions.

As for picks, Luck has ALWAYS been a pick machine. Not all Ints are the same, but you would figure with his time spent in the league that number would decrease some.

Ordered an Iphone SE.

Seems weird to hear you complaining about the size of a phone. I always pictured you as a white Orlando Franklin.

Godslay

Banned
I've been thinking about going to the SE from a 6S, but I use 3D Touch so much that I don't think I can go back to a phone without it. The 6S is about as big as I can get with one handed usage.

I got it for $0.99 with the upgrade fee, so I guess if I hate it I'll just sell it. My wife and kids love the Apple stuff, but I've never really had it or cared for it I guess. Mostly Android and IBM stuff in the past.

See, I don't really buy the banged up excuse. Luck was brought up in that style of play, first with Arians, then Hamilton. If taking hits is screwing up his game so much his OC needs to dial back the 5 and 7 steps drops and focus on completions.

As for picks, Luck has ALWAYS been a pick machine. Not all Ints are the same, but you would figure with his time spent in the league that number would decrease some.

I think he hid injuries this season beyond what the public knew. Just looked off. He's got some slinger in him though, so I don't think you're too far off. The guy is Elway 2.0 imo. Might not be the most accurate, will turn the ball over, but is also a playmaker and can carry the team.

Seems weird to hear you complaining about the size of a phone. I always pictured you as a white Orlando Franklin.

:jnc

I wish. I'm only 6'0". Hands are big enough to handle the Note, but it would be nice to have something more compact. Note just eats up pocket space too, so I find myself more often than not carrying it around.

You can just roll out your upper back, but your lower back you don't want to directly be on it (Not many people have muscles large enough around your lumbar spine so you can fuck shit up if you directly roll on your lumbar spine), roll out the muscles on the side of your lower lumbar so basically get on your side and roll the shit out of each side. You'll feel like a great man.

sweet, I'll try it out, I have terrible back problems. I really should go to the doctor for it

MRSA

Banned
I got it for $0.99 with the upgrade fee, so I guess if I hate it I'll just sell it. My wife and kids love the Apple stuff, but I've never really had it or cared for it I guess. Mostly Android and IBM stuff in the past.

I'm like bionic, I like my phone to be simple as fuck. I'm too old to be fucking around on my phone making it "different". If you don't care about customization and shit, you cannot go wrong with the iPhone. As stupid as it sounds, everything just works. If you buy into the Apple ecosystem, its amazing. Expensive as fuck, but its amazing.

MechDX

When the Texans "had" to have a QB pick #22 was the worst place to be IMO. Now with all this talk about Lynch they are in a prime spot to trade down if Lynch's stock is rising. I would imagine the Cardinals, Chiefs and Broncos all would be interested. Hell, or even get a haul of 2nd and 3rd round picks and drop completely to the 2nd round.

Fitts

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
Reggie Nelson agrees to terms with the #Raiders, source said

Two year deal

Perfect. They've attacked every critical need in FA and can now afford to be more flexible in their draft selections.

In Reggie(s) we trust.

MRSA

Banned
sweet, I'll try it out, I have terrible back problems. I really should go to the doctor for it

Doctor will give you pain meds and tell you to go to PT. Try the foam roller, I've been doing it for a week or so and my spasms haven't been so bad. Its almost entirely gone but I haven't completely healed from that roll over accident. I do need a new bed badly, something much firmer. I'm thinking of one of those mail order beds that you can try for like 4 months.

Also pleased with Reggie Nelson, the guy has also stayed healthy his entire career. Gives us much more flexibility in the draft to groom a safety, I really hope we target Karl Joseph in the 2nd round, if he's there take him immediately.

Godslay

Banned
Perfect. They've attacked every critical need in FA and can now afford to be more flexible in their draft selections.

In Reggie(s) we trust.

He's done a good job.

Next step is to see if it can translate to wins.

Expectations now ratchet up a notch.

I'm like bionic, I like my phone to be simple as fuck. I'm too old to be fucking around on my phone making it "different". If you don't care about customization and shit, you cannot go wrong with the iPhone. As stupid as it sounds, everything just works. If you buy into the Apple ecosystem, its amazing. Expensive as fuck, but its amazing.

Yeah, before long I'm sure I'll have one of those Jitterbugs where I can only dial my grandbabies.

Duxxy3

Ordered an Iphone SE.

There's been quite a bit of back lash against large phones lately.

Doctor will give you pain meds and tell you to go to PT. Try the foam roller, I've been doing it for a week or so and my spasms haven't been so bad. Its almost entirely gone but I haven't completely healed from that roll over accident. I do need a new bed badly, something much firmer. I'm thinking of one of those mail order beds that you can try for like 4 months.

Also pleased with Reggie Nelson, the guy has also stayed healthy his entire career. Gives us much more flexibility in the draft to groom a safety, I really hope we target Karl Joseph in the 2nd round, if he's there take him immediately.

Oh yeah I'm thinking of trying out the Casper mattress, a few co-workers swear by them, I'll try out the foam before heading to the dr, I would like to avoid any kind of surgery.

Fitts

He's done a good job.

Next step is to see if it can translate to wins.

Expectations now ratchet up a notch.

I'm a Raiders fan. I'm beyond pleased with what they've done this offseason, (both their signings and the fact that they didn't take the media bait and jump at an overpriced RB) but I always keep my expectations in check.

Godslay

Banned
There's been quite a bit of back lash against large phones lately.

I'm sure it will flip again at some point.

I'm a Raiders fan. I'm beyond pleased with what they've done this offseason, (both their signings and the fact that they didn't take the media bait and jump at an overpriced RB) but I always keep my expectations in check.

The most impressive part for me is the timing.

Slowly built a nice core in the heyday of Manning, and then once he retired he poured some gas on the fire in terms of signing FAs. Should be a divisional dogfight between DEN, OAK, and KC. SD can get there, but I just think that's an org in flux.

MRSA

Banned
Oh yeah I'm thinking of trying out the Casper mattress, a few co-workers swear by them, I'll try out the foam before heading to the dr, I would like to avoid any kind of surgery.

As always, first advice.......lose weight and build your muscles. Deadlifts are amazing to build lower back. My A&P teacher was a neurosurgeon and said she almost never recommended back surgery for any of her pts.

Speaking of which, I went from 180lbs to 171lbs in two weeks. All because I stopped drinking........

As always, first advice.......lose weight and build your muscles. Deadlifts are amazing to build lower back. My A&P teacher was a neurosurgeon and said she almost never recommended back surgery for any of her pts.

Speaking of which, I went from 180lbs to 171lbs in two weeks. All because I stopped drinking........

Oh yeah I'm dropping weight, I lost 20lbs since winter break started and I just hit the gym again this week so I hope it'll help, I could lose another 10 or so. Sitting at the office all day and then going home to sit at my desk doing hw does a number on my back.

Fitts

Should be a divisional dogfight between DEN, OAK, and KC. SD can get there, but I just think that's an org in flux.

Yup the division is looking mighty nice. I'd rather things be competitive, my team be tested, and they prove they belong in the playoffs.

Fitts

To ya'll discussing back problems, I'll endorse the foam roller and memory foam mattress. A careless asshole ran me off the road and head on into a light pole a few years ago and my upper back has been fucked up since, but it helps to alleviate the pain. In addition, put your back to a wall, drop a tennis ball between them, and target your trouble spots by rolling the ball around.

Chiropractic stuff had little effect and the dude basically told me to get lost after a few months of regular sessions. I did physical therapy twice a week for several months and that was alright, but you can probably just do some yoga on your own and make similar progress. The best thing for me was honestly just strength training that targeted my back muscles -- namely, pull-ups worked better than anything else I've tried.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I went from 252 to 257 in a month after doing heavy weight lifting and taking creatine.

I'm a regular Josh Freeman

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kave you better Cuff your girl Mary Kay!!! Rg3 sliding in the DMs.

Rg3 talked to the media today, came out with crispy new braids.

Mary asks a question and Rg3 says in a real soft voice " hey Mary Kay, how you doing?" My knees buckled!

Then he ends his conference with the walk off quote "No pressure, no diamonds"
iu

Mary Kay is down with the swirl my brotha.

I hope she's able to stay professional like she has been all these years.

Hunter S.

I got a Mac Book Air and buying it was a mistake. Too much new shit to learn that I already knew on PC. Overpriced and overrated prestige company and products.

Top Bottom