• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

MechDX

I dont think they trust Brock even a little bit. Manning was the 2nd worst starting QB last year, and yet they pulled Brock and went back to him. I am guessing that Elway feels like they can get a cheap caretaker to go with that D while they try and develop a new QB.

It was Payton Manning. Not as simple as "he couldnt beat out Manning"

I dont think they trust Brock even a little bit. Manning was the 2nd worst starting QB last year, and yet they pulled Brock and went back to him. I am guessing that Elway feels like they can get a cheap caretaker to go with that D while they try and develop a new QB.

I don't think they pulled Brock because he was playing poorly. I think they just wanted their experienced leader managing the team going into the playoffs. Was that game againqsta the Pats not enough to cement his future position? Dude has legit franchise potential, and you have to pay him accordingly.

If you want to pay Fitz level of $$ for your QB you're going to get Fitz level of play. Enjoy your 4 INT meltdown in the playoffs, if you even get there

Fitz for two years and draft a QB in either the 1st or 2nd round. Seems like a decent strategy. Fitz could get them into the playoffs.

Edit - at least you admit Bradford was the worst starting QB last year. :)
We all know it was Stafford hi kas

Nick Foles was the worst starting QB in the NFL last year.

I don't think they pulled Brock because he was playing poorly. I think they just wanted their experienced leader managing the team going into the playoffs. Was that game againqsta the Pats not enough to cement his future position? Dude has legit franchise potential, and you have to pay him accordingly.

If you want to pay Fitz level of $$ for your QB you're going to get Fitz level of play. Enjoy your 4 INT meltdown in the playoffs, if you even get there

They literally pulled Brock during a game. Clearly it was due to his poor play. He is a young guy and he did some good things so maybe he does have a future, but I just cant see elway paying him big money off of what he showed last year. Grad a cheap guy like Fitz, or Daniels, draft a young guy and cross your fingers.

MechDX

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 5m5 minutes ago
In just 42 minutes, teams can start "expressing interest". #tampering #orisit
83178-excited-corgi-bouncing-gif-Img-0SPu.gif

squicken

I agree with YH about Brock. Denver's coaches see him everyday day in practice and In meetings. Why would they ever let him leave when they have no one to replace him?

The Rams have a decent defense, and Gurley was killing teams on the ground but they still kept losing because foles was so terrible.

Nick Foles stats:

Passing stats
COMP ATT COMP% YDS YDS-A TD LNG INT
190 337 56.4 2052 6.0 7 68 10

Manning stats:

Passing stats
COMP ATT COMP% YDS YDS-A TD LNG INT
198 331 59.8 2249 6.7 9 75 17

Manning completed a higher % of his passes, for almost a full yard more per attempt, and also had more TDs. Obviously he also had way more picks. Overall though I would say that Foles was worse, neither one was any good though.

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 58s58 seconds ago
The #Dolphins are in talks with the #Eagles on a trade for CB Byron Maxwell, source said. It's in the works,

Terrance Knighton ‏@MisterRoast98 1m1 minute ago
Thank you DMV for embracing me this year. Had a lot of fun on this years playoff run. The Pot Roast train has been told to move on! ✌��️

Hindl

Damn Maxwell trade is unexpected. Not sure how that'll work out, that would suck though. Maybe they'll cut Maxwell and retain Thurmond.

gutshot

The #Dolphins are in talks with the #Eagles on a trade for CB Byron Maxwell, source said. It's in the works,

Getting Maxwell's contract off the books would be great. He wasn't bad last year, but he is clearly overpaid.

If this happens, I expect a CB to be a serious consideration at pick #13.

Terrance Knighton ‏@MisterRoast98 1m1 minute ago
Thank you DMV for embracing me this year. Had a lot of fun on this years playoff run. The Pot Roast train has been told to move on! ✌��️

What? Why would you trade Maxwell. This is just Howie trying to undo Chip's moves. Eagles needed to add Cbs as it is now your are going to cut one. Man that sucks, plus with his contract no way will they get anything for him.

Hindl

Getting Maxwell's contract off the books would be great. He wasn't bad last year, but he is clearly overpaid.

If this happens, I expect a CB to be a serious consideration at pick #13.

Yeah outside of the Falcons game he was fine. I think a lot of it was Billy D inappropriately using him. I think he could do better in Schwartz' scheme, but I figured he was probably going to get cut next year anyway. Considering this is a rebuild season of locking in young talent and cutting fat, I could see Maxwell going. Maybe they're hopeful Hargreaves falls to 13. That would allow Rowe to slide into Safety too

Wait...now I'm hearing if we get Maxwell we'll cut Grimes, WELCOME MAXWELL!!

Edit: Ian, who's opinion I respect a lot, says Maxwell would work well under Vance because of his zone scheme, now I don't know what to believe. In any case I expect the Dolphins to be terrible regardless of what they do.

Twitter buzz the Eagles are targeting Texans RG Brandon Brooks.

You got 7 minutes to pay the man Rick! Do it!

Every single Eagles podcast that I listen has mentioned that he is going to be their number 1 target. It will be interesting to see if the Texans let him hit the market.

Top Bottom