• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Syrinx

Procedure went off without a hitch. Now I'm just sitting here with this ugly guard lens over my eye with my head in the clouds til the rest of this sedative wears off.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Procedure went off without a hitch. Now I'm just sitting here with this ugly guard lens over my eye with my head in the clouds til the rest of this sedative wears off.

Congrats. Remember to purple drizzle every cactus before getting sleeping wet.

Colasante

All I want from FA is the Pats to resign Hightower, Hicks and Collins to long term deals. I don't mind losing Chandler Jones next year.

Pats need a WR and depth to the o-line, cb and d-ine.

I'm not worried about the extensions, save Hicks, who I'm sure will get an offer above where the Patriots are willing to go. Jones probably won't get extended and will net them a 3rd or 4th round compensatory pick when he leaves next offseason.

For my Patriots shopping list, I'd love for them to sign one of Dwayne Allen/Ladarius Green and Matt Forte/CJ Anderson. Beyond that, they'll throw their usual veteran WRs and CBs at the wall and see if any stick. Getting a legitimate backup left tackle would be nice but probably out of their price range too.

If the Fins trade for Maxwell they will have $32m for next season committed to just 2 players on defense.

They could drop him/restructure easily for 2017 with no hit, it would be 9.7 for this year and if we cut Grimes it pretty much washes it out (he's due 9.5 I think)

If the Dolphins are gonna pay 10 mil they might as well keep Vernon at that price.

Not saying they should do either of those things tho.

Yeah I'd rather let both walk and we just draft a DE in the second.

MechDX

Giants Daily ‏@NYGDaily 2m2 minutes ago
The Giants are one of the teams that have "serious interest" in Bengals safety George Iloka. (via @JimOwczarski)

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Excellent. Did you get the pirate's eyepatch? Go around and do the pirate voice all day! Y'arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Mindlog

You gotta get on that skull-&-cross-swords eyepatch.

Lovie Smith is the new head coach of the Illinois Fighting Illini.

Colasante

I definitely don't think he'd be an upgrade over Chung, never mind McCourty.

He might be an upgrade on Duron Harmon when they use their 3 safety packages, but I don't think there's a real fit for the playing time and money he's probably looking for.

MechDX

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 1m1 minute ago
I'm told WR Darrius Heyward-Bey and the #Steelers have agreed to a multi-year deal. Had multiple suitors but believes Pittsburgh is special.

Line_HTX

How ugly do you look?

Good for you that it went well. You deserve some much needed rest.

effzee

Yeah outside of the Falcons game he was fine. I think a lot of it was Billy D inappropriately using him. I think he could do better in Schwartz' scheme, but I figured he was probably going to get cut next year anyway. Considering this is a rebuild season of locking in young talent and cutting fat, I could see Maxwell going. Maybe they're hopeful Hargreaves falls to 13. That would allow Rowe to slide into Safety too

Thing is I don't think this is a rebuild year, especially with them bringing back Bradford at what seems like an above market deal.

Could use the money to re-sign Nolan Carroll and Walter Thurmond, meaning Rowe doesn't necessarily have to shift back to safety. Also, JaCorey Shepherd was supposedly very impressive in camp.

I'm not buying into any camp stories until I see it in actual games plus he tore his knee.

I'm not in love with Maxwell nor do I think he was great. Of course he is over paid but Carroll and Thurmond are FAs, Rowe struggled but showed promise, and now if you trade Maxwell you really have no starting CBs on the team.

If they trade him I hope its cause Schwartz doesn't like what he saw on tape not because its a salary cap move.

Way overpaid and I think he wasn't loved in the locker room. MY guess is Howie wants the pick they lost in the Bradford trade and to free up cap space

Never heard any attitude or locker room stuff with him.

Only way I'd be happy with this is if it is because of Schwartz and how he thinks Maxwell fits in his system.

Twitter buzz the Eagles are targeting Texans RG Brandon Brooks.

You got 7 minutes to pay the man Rick! Do it!

Is he the top G available? I thought the Ravens G hitting FA was the top guard this off-season.

MechDX

Is he the top G available? I thought the Ravens G hitting FA was the top guard this off-season.

Most call him very underrated, just doesnt get a lot of attention but has come along nicely since being drafted and only 26. Expected to get around 8 million a year

Most call him very underrated, just doesnt get a lot of attention but has come along nicely since being drafted and only 26. Expected to get around 8 million a year

$8m a year would put him at the very top of guards salary. If a team is going to pay him that he better be really good.

Wallace and Vikings are about 2 million off on a restructure. Likely to be cut.

Phil Loadholt restructured his deal to around 2.5 million one year with incentives. Down from high 7 million cap hit.

Confirmed they have contacted Iloka and are in the hunt.

Top Bottom