• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

On my third cup of black coffee today. Have I gone too far?

Need Yankees reaction to these defensive moves. Vast improvement, or only great improvement?

If Miami can pick up one of the guards in FA plus Jones/Prince/Maxwell and draft a CB with the 8th we'd only need to find some LBs and another DE (draft) and we'll be on the road to 8-8 once again

Uhh wow

Fuck I really liked Kiko, I wanted to see what he could do with a full year. Man Howie hates Chip more then anything in the world. Congrats Fins, I think both guys will be good for you.

Well, I guess the Broncos are officially in the "have nots" when it comes to having a franchise QB.

It was fun while it lasted.

I am IRATE that Denver is trying to claim Manning as "theirs".

FIRED UP!

Manning is ours. That doesn't stop him from being yours. A person can be members of multiple groups, you know. Plus, Denver has as many rings and Super Bowl appearances with Manning as the Colts do.

I would expect that Manning will have lots of good things to say about his time in Denver during his Hall of Fame induction speech five years from now.

Well we taking that off-season crown again, fuck you BG/Kave!!!

We did it Darkest/SkLA!!!!

THREEPEAT

kobe3peat_display_image.jpg

MechDX

Well, I guess the Broncos are officially in the "have nots" when it comes to having a franchise QB.

It was fun while it lasted.

All this Oz to Texans talk is still that. Talk. Still thinking its more his agent talking to drive up his price. Broncos in a really bad spot for this negotiation

Andrew Brandt ‏@AndrewBrandt 25s25 seconds ago
Andrew Brandt Retweeted Adam Schefter
Would be surprised Dolphins would do this, unless Eagles pick up some Maxwell salary by bonusing out before trading.

Jordan Hicks made Kiko expendable.

Curious if we are moving back to a 4-3
Schwartz said at his introductory press conference that they would be moving back to a 4-3, it is a done deal.

effzee

WTF why Kiko?

Cheap, young, and will finally be healthy going into a season.

With both gone, the Eagles will be severely decimated at CB and LB. I really hope this is Schwartz doing this and not Howie on a revenge tour.

All this Oz to Texans talk is still that. Talk. Still thinking its more his agent talking to drive up his price. Broncos in a really bad spot for this negotiation

Oz isn't a franchise QB. At least not yet. He has to prove it to me. I'm not kas-like in my devotion to my team's quarterback.

effzee

Jordan Hicks made Kiko expendable.

Curious if we are moving back to a 4-3

Right but without Kiko, and Demeco already cut, the Eagles don't have much at all at LB left.

Kiko is on his rookie salary/contract. He isn't costing the Eagles much.

Hindl

If Miami can pick up one of the guards in FA plus Jones/Prince/Maxwell and draft a CB with the 8th we'd only need to find some LBs and another DE (draft) and we'll be on the road to 8-8 once again

Uhh wow

Damn I understand cutting Kiko after last year, but I was ready to chop that up to injury and hoped he could return to form this year. LB core was already pretty risky with Kiko, Kendricks and Hicks, but that could leave a big hole. Hopefully we get more than just a draft pick, unless it's high. Also this is interesting because these are all rebuild moves, except for Bradford. Maybe this means they are still planning on targeting a QB high, and Bradford serves as the bridge through the rebuild, with the option to keep him if he improves

effzee

So Kiko and Ryans gone and Hicks coming back from a major injury. Eagles gonna run a 5-1-5 D next year.

No worries bro. Howie is going to hit on all his draft picks! All roster issues will be solved with Howie running the draft to find the next franchise QB, possibly 2 starting CBs, 1 new Safety, and 2 LBs.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Kiko is a once in a generation type talent. Problem is, so was Bob Sanders. If he can stay healthy and if a coach that isn't a complete fuckwad nabs him, he's got the skillset to be a HoF-level player.

That being said, it's clear there is some sort of personality issue with the guy. Even a guy with a season ending injury doesn't bounce around 3 teams in his first 4 years of play unless he just pisses people off. Lazy?

gutshot

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
Kiko Alonso & Byron Maxwell have both been informed they are being traded to the #Dolphins, pending physicals, source said. It's happening

Done deal. Congrats Dolphins-GAF!

Fantomex

Why are we arguing about useless things? I'm really pissed off at all of you. Why are we not talking about important things during this free agency period. For example:

Will the Rams relocation put them in a position where they will now have the hottest cheerleaders in the NFL? LA and all.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
Kiko Alonso & Byron Maxwell have both been informed they are being traded to the #Dolphins, pending physicals, source said. It's happening

Fuck. Fuck. FUCK. Dear Miami and all associated things: get fucked.

Hindl

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

Damn, was hoping Kiko at least would stay. Need to see what the Eagles get back

Fuck. Fuck. FUCK. Dear Miami and all associated things: get fucked.

But :(

Why are we arguing about useless things? I'm really pissed off at all of you. Why are we not talking about important things during this free agency period. For example:

Will the Rams relocation put them in a position where they will now have the hottest cheerleaders in the NFL? LA and all.

I hadn't even considered this...guess I might be switching teams after all

gutshot

Dolphins trying to redo Maxwell's contract.

Armando Salguero
@ArmandoSalguero
Trade between Dolphins and Eagles is done but contract work between Dolphins and Byron Maxwell being finalized. Alonso needs no extension..

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane 2m2 minutes ago
Jeff McLane Retweeted Armando Salguero
Confirmation from Dolphins reporter. Don't expect a great return if trade goes through.

Dammit McLane is well connected with the Eagles, gonna suck to lose 2 guys for a late round pick. :(

Top Bottom