• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

MechDX

Charles RobinsonVerified account
‏@CharlesRobinson
Add #49ers Colin Kaepernick (w/ Robert Griffin) to soft QB market needing #Texans & #Broncos situations to solidify before knowing options.

Live look at BOB and Rick:

HFMilcC.gif

Who will the Giants GM over pay? he's got too much money to play with..
You'd shit on him for not building a good enough team if he sat on the money and did nothing to address the (many) positions of need on the roster as well so he might as well overpay and get players. He isn't going to win with the fanbase regardless.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Peyton will always be a Colt to me even if he wore a Broncos uniform.

Even as a Broncos fan i see him more as a Colt. He was basically like Ray Bourque. He came to Denver to play for the Avalanche for a little while. Helped us win a Championship, and then retired. Liked having him here, liked watching him play, but he was just a visitor.

The witch (Peyton) is dead and the warlock (Elway) is dwindled

It's morning again on Earth <3

Never count Elway out.

Even as a Broncos fan i see him more as a Colt. He was basically like Ray Bourque. He came to Denver to play for the Avalanche for a little while. Helped us win a Championship, and then retired. Liked having him here, liked watching him play, but he was just a visitor.

He'll be both IMO. When you mash up the best parts of his career, you'll have to include his time with the Broncos. However, when the two teams play each other, Manning will root for the Colts. You know what? That's cool with me.

Spinluck

No. The Erhardt-Perkins Offense is a ridiculously complex offense from reports and interviews with players from what Ive seen. Receivers have to be able to run almost a full gambit of routes while reading the defense the same way as the QB

Weeden called it "learning to read Chinese backwards" when trying to get it down. A complete 180 from the easy in comparison ZBS based offense run by Kubiak

NFL great Weeden.

Offenses are only as complex as the coaches want to make them. If desired you can make a WC offense just as complex and increase the workload on the WRs end.

Peyton used to run a WC style, no huddle, shotgun heavy offense. But to people/casuals it looked like Peyton Manning calling his own offense from the ground up.

Hunter S.

Bourque only came for a year and a half versus 4 years,

Never count Elway out.

He'll be both IMO. When you mash up the best parts of his career, you'll have to include his time in the Broncos. However, when the two teams play each other, Manning will root for the Colts. You know what? That's cool with me.

I don't think Peyton is cool with Irsay. Irsay can say that they are but I doubt Peyton forgives him entirely for all the cheap shots in interviews he made at Peyton past few years.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Adam Schefter &#8207;@AdamSchefter 31s32 seconds ago
Tennessee finalizing deal for Eagles RB DeMarco Murray, league sources tell ESPN. Trade expected to be complete for new league year Weds

the house cleaning is real

Colasante

Tennessee finalizing deal for Eagles RB DeMarco Murray, league sources tell ESPN. Trade expected to be complete for new league year Weds

I like this for Tennessee if only because it makes them slightly more interesting.

Totally washing away any semblance of the Chip Kelly era. He really must have pissed Lurie off.

"A trade & new contract has been orchestrated to make @DeMarcoMurray a member of the Tennessee @Titans. https://t.co/WlUez4wyXT" - @_SportsTrust

Well that's that.

effzee

Totally washing away any semblance of the Chip Kelly era. He really must have pissed Lurie off.

If that were true they wouldn't have resigned Bradford, the biggest move Chip made.

I'm glad they aren't on the hook for Murray and Maxwell but I wanted to see these guys in a normal offense and defense that isn't handicapped by the offense.

Murray hurts less than Maxwell and Kiko. Those 2 are legit starters in this league and in the right system will be great players. Murray might also play real well in Tennessee.

I think what scares me the most is that this roster now is going to get filled out by Howie. Don't trust his draft ability at all.

Kiko being dealt sucks big time.

Furyous

*Roddy White glare at Kyle Shanahan*

Meh. Alex Mack wants money and we should do whatever it takes to keep him in Cleveland but stranger things have happened.

I'm more shocked Demarco Murray was traded to the Titans allegedly. Eagles said Fuck Chip and his moves at the first chance possible.

Why are the Phins trying to move on from Brent Grimes? This is shocking given the fact Brent just made a pro bowl. Don't tell me his wife's appearance on Tax Stone's podcast got him cut.

squicken

Murray and Maxwell were locker room moves. Both guys were not liked last year. There were anonymous player quotes about Murray being a loner, and his slide turned everyone off

Maxwell's indifference would work, either. You cannot have highly played players on a team that don't try hard. It's an awful precedent when you are trying to get everyone to buy in.

Kiko I think is just an odd man out and someone they lost faith in. He was so bad last year, and so was Kendricks. My guess is they look to add LBs after the first wave of FA and in the draft

Howie doing work. Good for him. Lots of negative press and opinions, but he's had a great offseason imo

Top Bottom