• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

LJ11

Do you think you guys replace Williams early in the draft?

I mean, I guess.

Mario's best move was going to Buffalo because he got max dollars and played with some great complimentary players. Spotlight was not on him, he couldn't be in a better spot, and yet the media fucking hated him (not a bad thing) and he became a complete bitch last season. He was trash against the run, and his pass rush productivity wasn't that good. Hopefully they luck out and find a couple of guys in the draft. Williams feasts on bums, can't run games with him up front, stiff as a board.

He was amongst the best in the league 2 years ago. I take him all day on short money.

Yeah, he was good when he could run and had that sick vertical, but he can't run anymore. I mean, I think he could be very useful with help over the top, but he's not going to cover a deep third or even fourth, he's just so slow now.

Fantomex

Ravens linked to no one. Not interested in acquiring players, only losing talent and extending Flacco.

Where you been?

Pondering my NFL future friend. It's been a heartwrenching 6 months.

I would like to see Wake in NE.

This is gonna happen, and he's gonna be terrorizing people along with Collins.

Benjamin Allbright ‏@AllbrightNFL 4m4 minutes ago
Lamar Miller to the #Texans appears "very likely."

excited-ron-swanson.gif

He's a great running back that needs touches. Really underused in Miami.

OMG that contract for Flacco is unbelievable. I cannot believe that the Ravens gave him that much money. They are going to be digging themselves out of that contract for a decade.

That's hilarious. I would totally do that. Luckily, I don't want to buy another MMO-lite after my dismal Destiny experience.

Gronk leaving would fuck them over big time.

If Brady is going to succeed as an old he needs a solid cast around him.

They aren't going to let Gronk leave. He'll get paid big time.

Wow, Calvin Johnson is 30? So he retired one year before Barry Sanders did.

What the fuck...

That's the Lions for you. Their franchise sucks the souls out of the best players. Stafford will probably stick around for a long time though.

I know people were saying this yesterday but it does really seem like the Eagles are going to get very little in return for these moves yesterday.

Les Bowen ‏@LesBowen 10s10 seconds ago
I want to know trade compensation as much as anyone, but the main benefit of these deals was getting Eagles out of Maxwell, Murray contracts

Someone asked about the Ravens and why they are seemingly doing nothing, Well they only have a little under 4 million in cap space available right now:

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/baltimore-ravens

Remove 5 million for draft picks. Not a lot of money to be made with cuts either

I am really having a hard time understanding why they gave Flacco 2 more years of just crazy money and yet didnt get more cap relief this year. Like at least they could have super back loaded his contract since the cap keeps going up each year. Letting him take up $23m this year was just dumb.

Syrinx

Legit don't know what the Bucs will do if they don't bring back Dougie. Dude shouldered the whole offense last year.

MechDX

Someone asked Allbright on Twitter what the Rams plan at QB was. His response:

Benjamin Allbright
‏@AllbrightNFL Benjamin Allbright Retweeted Dom
RG3 would be fun, wouldn't it?

Congrats Boban. In honesty its funny and ironic as hell he winds up there.

DMczaf

Legit don't know what the Bucs will do if they don't bring back Dougie. Dude shouldered the whole offense last year.

Our offense was so damn explosive when Doug was rolling. I hope we can get him back cheap.

I still don't understand the idea of signing a big name free agent RB. I swear the success rate for them is less than college coaches in the NFL.

MechDX

Our offense was so damn explosive when Doug was rolling. I hope we can get him back cheap.

I still don't understand the idea of signing a big name free agent RB. I swear the success rate for them is less than college coaches in the NFL.

Hate to tell you DM but the Niners have entered the Martin sweepstakes:

NFLTradeRumors.co ‏@nfltrade_rumors 2m2 minutes ago
NFL Rumors: 49ers, Dolphins, Eagles, Raiders, & Texans http://bit.ly/1QJ85RE
#NFL

They have loads of cap space. He isnt coming cheap

My disrespect senses are tingling. Us Nevada bros need to stick together.

Someone asked Allbright on Twitter what the Rams plan at QB was. His response:

Congrats Boban. In honesty its funny and ironic as hell he winds up there.

I don't know what you're talking about, the Rams were contracted and no longer exist.

Like RGIII's career prospects amirite lololol

Thank goodness this didnt happen:

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 7m Trading @DeMarcoMurray from #Eagles to #Cowboys was discussed. #Cowboys couldn't handle compensation to Phil, or guarantees, salary to DM

Fitts

Raiders throwing money at the only place on offense I wanted them to. Good. Now get that defensive secondary in order and get some additional pass rush if you can.

gutshot

Rand Getlin
@Rand_Getlin
For Kelechi Osemele and the #Raiders, the deal they've agreed to in principle will pay him an $11.7M per year base with a max value of $12M.

$12M a year for a guard? Holy shit.

MechDX

Rand Getlin
@Rand_Getlin
For Kelechi Osemele and the #Raiders, the deal they've agreed to in principle will pay him an $11.7M per year base with a max value of $12M.

Brooks is going to cost 9-10 per year. :(
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 58s58 seconds ago
Continue to hear the Jags making a very strong push for DEN DL Malik Jackson. Deal could be agreed to well before the start of league year

Gatas Jags news

Rand Getlin
@Rand_Getlin

Guess the Eagles are out of the market for a starting guard.

Top Bottom