• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

MechDX

ESPN has been phasing out the old-timers (Digger Phelps, Lou Holtz) on their network for a few years now, Ditka was on borrowed time.

Wasn't there a report a while back saying ESPN was trying to move on from older, high prices talent because their revenue had dropped dramatically?

Ditka just have them a reason

Colasante

The Patriots have expressed interest in free-agent WR Rishard Matthews, per source. Caught 43 passes for 662 yards, 4 TDs last season.

That was the WR I thought they'd most likely be in on. Hopefully he's affordable. The Patriots have been linked to Matthews and Bilal Powell so far. I'd like both of them.

ampere

I wonder if the Pats will look at Owen Daniels. He ate us alive in the AFC title game... mostly blown coverage though

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
CdCw0jqW0AEUMRF.jpg

ampere

Tom flipping the bird is the least of our concerns

Dude can't create separation anymore
Lost a step.
Great blocker though. Great blocker.

We do have o-line blocking deficiencies, but I'd imagine Bill would rather get someone cheaper or draft to fill.

Would just love another versatile tight end opposite Gronk, had such high hopes for Chandler this year

squicken

Ditka and Curt Schilling should host their own sports show. On Fox News.

If they fired Ditka b/c he is awful on TV, and he is, then fine. If they fired him b/c he gave everyone thought harm then it is stupid in the face of continuing to employ a double murderer

Colasante

Biggest CB domino expected to fall after new league year kicks off: Rams CB Janoris Jenkins is poised to join NY Giants, sources tell ESPN.

Alright. That makes sense. Would've been nice to have him in Los Angeles though.

Top Bottom