• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Striker

Isn't Jenkins a huge gambler, ala Asante Samuel? I really do like Prince but goddam he is always down with something.

When do the signings officially start?

Isn't Jenkins a huge gambler, ala Asante Samuel? I really do like Prince but goddam he is always down with something.

I saw a comparison between Jenkins and Asante : "the same gambler but without the ball skills"

So idk

Yeah, he's always biting on double moves and shit like that. Really frustrating because if he wasn't such a dumb fuck he could be a really good corner.

I Am A God

tghf.gif

squicken

As someone who has seen 90% of his games, I am glad he signed with the Giants. He likes to play off the ball so he can gamble and try for pick sixes. Gives up double moves on the regular. b/c he plays so far off, teams can play pitch and catch on 7 yard routes all day. Not the most willing tackler, but understandably b/c of his size.

The raw material is there, but he's not a smart player. Social media is also a bit of an issue

CdGsnbCWwAAdc83.jpg:large

Giants..

Dan Graziano
The Giants plan to make a run at DE Olivier Vernon, but transition tag prohibits them from talking to agent until 4 pm ET.

Jenkins deal will likely be big. Like Maxwell deal big. Vernon will get overplayed as well if the Giants grab him, too.

Also:

The Giants also have expressed interest in Jenkins’ former Rams teammate, free-agent safety Rodney McLeod.

Grab Snacks, a safety and a RT and it will have been a seemingly productive FA period.

Yep:

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 4m4 minutes ago
Source tells @mortreport and I #Dolphins-#Eagles trade involving Byron Maxwell, Kiko Alonzo may be off b/c concern Maxwell shoulder injury

Dolphins may be saved from their own stupidity

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wait no one quits this thread. The only way out is in a mod supplied bodybag.

tumblr_n573tj5M5b1r0wg9do1_500.png

This pic needs Freeman's head stuck over Mr Burns. Maybe even add a ":jnc" at the end of the sentence also.

Dolphins/Eagles trade may be off. Maxwell physical.

Dolphins saved from themselves

squicken

Miami getting cold feet. Kinda screwy when FA starts in a few hours

e: FZ, I could be wrong, but if they sign Daniel after re-signing Bradford, I just can't see them going QB in the first round

e2: Chris Ivory making $6m a year?!?! Yep, we all gotta re-calibrate on what guys are worth now

effzee

Assuming for a second this does fall through and is canceled, won't be the end of the world to me. Maxwell didn't play out of this world but his play was solid. Certainly not worth what they are paying him but that was the market for a weak CB FA last off season and he was clearly the top FA available.

Maxwell was willing to restructure his contract with MIA. Let's see if he does the same with the Eagles. Kiko is Kiko. Paid less than a million per year and will hopefully fit Schwartz attacking style where he doesn't have to read and react as much as just GO.

What will hurt most is the cap space they thought they had freed up plus the move up to #8 which must have been because they really are targeting someone in the 5-10 range. I wouldn't be shocked if that is Goff.

Good morning everyone

Raidas masking big moves impressively enough. Every draft pic can be secondary then. RBH, what happened to the Falcons?

We need to add more burritos with no rice to get our favorite grain related poster.. Everyone post a burrito with no rice..

squicken

RapSheet says the deal with the Dolphins is dead. Tannenbaum realized he was looking like a clown and pulled out. Teams were going to swap spots in the first round

Bye bye Hargreaves :(

e: woah George Martin died. Damn. Fucking legend

RapSheet says the deal with the Dolphins is dead. Tannenbaum realized he was looking like a clown and pulled out. Teams were going to swap spots in the first round

Rapoport just posted it was held up, not off. Where are you seeing that it's dead?

effzee

Fucking sucks. Eagles signed McKelvin under the assumption Maxwell and his salary was gone.

I'd be fine with keeping both Kiko and Maxwell but obviously money a huge issue now plus 2 players who know aren't / weren't wanted.

Fuck the Dolphins.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

e: woah George Martin died. Damn. Fucking legend

It doesn't say much about your front office when you need the public to point out that you're about to make a bad deal.

I thought Miami moved on from the Jeff Ireland years?

effzee

It doesn't say much about your front office when you need the public to point out that you're about to make a bad deal.

I thought Miami moved on from the Jeff Ireland years?

2 day tampering window where the media and fans hammered the Dolphins about "stupid" decision probably scared them off.

You do you Miami. Don't let these media asses dictate your moves. Cmon!

Jon

Dolphins got cold feet for an obviously stupid and lopsided trade in favor of the Eagles. I hope they...pour OJ in their cereal on accident.

effzee

Tannenbaum you fucking clown hahahaha.

Glad the trade fell through. Problem is, who's the #1 CB now...?

La Canfora and some others are saying from the Eagles pov, the deal is not dead yet and they are trying to still make it happen.

Terms were to be trade Maxwell, Kiko, and #13 pick to Mia for #8 pick (possible a 4th round pick as well) plus Mia would re-work Maxwell's deal.

Trade might still happen but terms might change. I think if it still goes through, the first round pick swap doesn't take place but Eagles still receive a pick (maybe a 3rd?). Or maybe Kiko is removed from the trade? I really wish they can retain him.

Pats also interested in Sanu. Interest is apparently mutual.

Wait, what school did Sanu go to again?

prankweb28s-1-web.jpg

I wonder why there is interest....

Also, this remembers me, BigAT PM'ed me to tell me that he would finally accept his Patriots fandom if they signed another Rutgers player. Welcome to the team, scooter riding fatty!

Pepiope

Fucking media. Dolphins realized they fucked up and backed off. Hopefully we can still get something done with them. We already signed Maxwell's replacement!

MechDX

Fucking media. Dolphins realized they fucked up and backed off. Hopefully we can still get something done with them. We already signed Maxwell's replacement!

Technically no free agents have signed that were not outright recebtly released

Top Bottom